Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 10:03:48 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 07:34:28 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 14, 2021, 11:57:57 PM
Welcome to Nazi Germany

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0714/1235091-hospitality/

Absolutely disgusting. Hopefully any restaurant that asks for prove of vaccine is boycotted.

It's just another nail in the coffin for small businesses.

Lots of restaurants and pubs are desperate for trade, and they can't afford to turn away those who are unvaccinated or those who haven't got the vaccine yet. This will probably involve some sort of technology (added cost) and extra staff to police it (again, more cost). If they don't abide by the rules and are caught, they're fined. And that will likely be them out of business.  The big restaurant chain will now mop up their trade.

Same will happen for the local corner shop, butcher, newsagent, cafe, book shop. They'll be mopped up by Tesco or Asda. Global brands. That's who's benefitting from all this. Our governments are facilitating all this. When you lose your business or lose your job , you know who to thank. But don't worry, I'm sure Amazon/Tesco/deliveroo are hiring. Lots of opportunities to get f***ked over by global companies who pay no tax, and will pay you a pittance.

Wise up ffs.

Good comeback.

Which part of it was incorrect?

Rudi

Benny is making valid points regarding small business getting eaten up by corporate. Thats not lunacy. The vaccine certs are discriminatory, plus people who acted the maggot within the last 6 months can party on, while others who acted responsibly are been penalized.
I know 3 people who are double jabbed, who now have bad covid (2 in hospital at the moment, one a healthy 35 year old, the other a not to healthy 52 year old).

BennyCake

Quote from: JoG2 on July 15, 2021, 10:31:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:50:42 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 15, 2021, 09:29:02 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 15, 2021, 08:21:10 AM
Welcome to Nazi Germany

Welcome to the most ludicrous post on here in quite some time.

And that takes some doing from Benny. Though most posts aren't as quite unhinged. Nazi Germany, wtf. But it is the kind of language you see more and more of from the scamdemic / anti-everything lunatic fringe who, once a tiny group, are now hoovering up folk who won't be inconvenienced for anyone.

Yeah that's right, anyone with a different opinion is a lunatic  ::)

It's amazing how many people willingly just accept anything thrown at them from above, and think it's a good thing. Untested jabs, now vaccine passports.

Do you really think passports for hospitality will end in October? Or new year? Easter? Will it shite. There will always be another variant, real or imagined. Do you think passports arent going to be needed in other establishments? Cinemas, gyms, supermarkets, barbers, GAA matches?? This is just the beginning. This is never going to stop.

I said here over a year ago that these passports  was going to happen. Now it is. I read about this over a decade ago, and now it's happening. But yeah, I'm just a lunatic.

No, not at all. anyone coming out with the type of lunacy you have willl quite rightly be called a lunatic. Differing opinions are to be welcomed, but the nonsense you've just come out with needs calling out. Nazi Germany?? Jesus christ

Ok so taking away the Nazi Germany comment... which bit of the above comment  is incorrect?

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 10:48:06 AM
Welcome to Nazi Germany

Absolutely disgusting. Hopefully any restaurant that asks for prove of vaccine is boycotted.

Lots of restaurants and pubs are desperate for trade, and they can't afford to turn away those who are unvaccinated or those who haven't got the vaccine yet. This will probably involve some sort of technology (added cost) and extra staff to police it (again, more cost). If they don't abide by the rules and are caught, they're fined. And that will likely be them out of business.  The big restaurant chain will now mop up their trade.

Same will happen for the local corner shop, butcher, newsagent, cafe, book shop. They'll be mopped up by Tesco or Asda. Global brands. That's who's benefitting from all this. Our governments are facilitating all this. When you lose your business or lose your job , you know who to thank. But don't worry, I'm sure Amazon/Tesco/deliveroo are hiring. Lots of opportunities to get f***ked over by global companies who pay no tax, and will pay you a pittance.

Wise up ffs.

Good comeback.

The bit that you wrote.

dublin7

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 10:42:02 AM
Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

thebigfella

Lad's I'm no conspiracy theorist or Gemma O'D supporting loon, but if you think it is anyones business bar your own who is and isn't vaccinated you are f**king nuts. Fair play to all the bars and restaurants who have said they will not be asking if you are vaccinated or not.

It kinda is everyone's business, have you not forgot we are in a middle of a pandemic.

Australia back implementing lockdowns.... Spain at the same. This is no where near over yet.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rudi on July 15, 2021, 10:51:05 AM
Benny is making valid points regarding small business getting eaten up by corporate. Thats not lunacy. The vaccine certs are discriminatory, plus people who acted the maggot within the last 6 months can party on, while others who acted responsibly are been penalized.
I know 3 people who are double jabbed, who now have bad covid (2 in hospital at the moment, one a healthy 35 year old, the other a not to healthy 52 year old).
That is worrying. Hope they both get through it.

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 10:52:06 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 10:48:06 AM
Welcome to Nazi Germany

Wise up ffs.

Good comeback.

The bit that you wrote.

I see. Well I've no comeback to that.

Game set and match to trailer.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on July 15, 2021, 10:52:27 AM

If someone doesn't want to get a covid vaccine then that is their choice. If someone wants to make a comparison between Nazi Germany and vaccinations then they absolutely deserve to be ridiculed and called out for their ignorance.

But it's not their choice, is it? It is for now, but not much longer.

Did they not give forced vaccines in the concentration camps?

trailer

There is no other way out of this other than the vaccine. Restaurants stay closed without it, as does non essential retail, and sports, and probably schools. There is no other solution. So insisting that only those vaccinated can avail of these services is reasonable. Imperfect I get that, but reasonable.

I ask honestly, if you say no to the vaccine what is your solution?

Note: The governments won't allow health services to be overrun (quite rightly), so the let it rip approach isn't going to work.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 10:58:35 AM
There is no other way out of this other than the vaccine. Restaurants stay closed without it, as does non essential retail, and sports, and probably schools. There is no other solution. So insisting that only those vaccinated can avail of these services is reasonable. Imperfect I get that, but reasonable.

Note: The governments won't allow health services to be overrun (quite rightly), so the let it rip approach isn't going to work.

I've heard that a thousand times. But it's clearly not true. Soon it will be "the top up jab is the only way out of this", then "forced vaccinations of all workers are the only way out of this", "covid passports are the only way out"..."track and trace, constant surveillance..." people will just become used to a life of constant jabs, constant scanning their QR code to buy milk and bread without giving it a seconds thought.

Ach it's only for a short time, until things get back to normal. When they say something is temporary, that means it's permanent. But as I said months ago, this isn't about fighting a virus anymore

imtommygunn

Can you answer this question bennycake.

How do we get out of this without a vaccine?

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 11:39:04 AM

I've heard that a thousand times. But it's clearly not true. Soon it will be "the top up jab is the only way out of this", then "forced vaccinations of all workers are the only way out of this", "covid passports are the only way out"..."track and trace, constant surveillance..." people will just become used to a life of constant jabs, constant scanning their QR code to buy milk and bread without giving it a seconds thought.

Ach it's only for a short time, until things get back to normal. When they say something is temporary, that means it's permanent. But as I said months ago, this isn't about fighting a virus anymore

What is your solution?

tbrick18

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 11:58:45 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 11:39:04 AM

What is your solution?

He doesn't have one.
You are perfectly entitled to not take the vaccine, I've no issue with that, however irresponsible I feel it may be.
However, as we know the vaccine helps protect against severe illness and transmission of C19 but is not 100% effective. I believe that those who are responsible enough to take the vaccine should not be exposed to risk by those of us who are being irresponsible and selfish.
I'm sure there are genuine cases out there were people are afraid of the vaccine, but the majority of people I've come across who are not going to take it are of the opinion that they are healthy and they'll be fine if they get it. These same people didn't follow restrictions and would happily ignore all social distancing regulations. Seflish, self centred behaviour which puts others at risk imo. It's equivalent to someone saying they're fine to drive after 5 pints.

The conspiracy theorists out there think the governments globally want to track us all and know what we are eating in Mickey D's and want to keep that info private. That's fine, but throw away the smart phone when you're at it and don't be a hypocrite because if you are so sensitive about what Big Brother knows about you then you need to go fully offline.

As for me, the responsible people in society who follow the science should be protected. If it takes vaccine passports to gain access to hospitality/shops/entertainment to enable that protection for the socially responsible majority then I'm all for it.
Let the selfish minority look out for themselves and don't let them put the rest of us at risk.