China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2021, 11:25:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:23:16 PM
The vaccine was hailed as the thing that would end all this.

We were told to hold firm for it, it's now arrived, it's been rolled out.

But now the narrative seems to have changed. Masks are here to stay, social distancing is here to stay, vaccine passports are coming in, totalitarianism is coming into the play.

If and when the vaccine rollout concludes in late summer/early autumn and we cannot return to normal then the vaccine has been a complete and utter failure.

What percentage have had the second jab?

If deaths and hospital admissions return to normal will it be a failure?

Let's wait and see

I'm more on about the messaging coming out. Check the WHO's statement today. If we have mass rollout of a vaccine and are still living in a restricted society afterwards then I would call the vaccine a failure.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:30:07 PM

But now the narrative seems to have changed. Masks are here to stay, social distancing is here to stay, vaccine passports are coming in, totalitarianism is coming into the play.

If and when the vaccine rollout concludes in late summer/early autumn and we cannot return to normal then the vaccine has been a complete and utter failure.

Let's wait and see

I'm more on about the messaging coming out. Check the WHO's statement today. If we have mass rollout of a vaccine and are still living in a restricted society afterwards then I would call the vaccine a failure.

And I said let's wait and see, if only one jab has been administered and the second is then administered surely then we can assess its failure or success.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2021, 11:40:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:30:07 PM

Let's wait and see

And I said let's wait and see, if only one jab has been administered and the second is then administered surely then we can assess its failure or success.

We will wait and see but have you been listening to the messaging from Governments and the WHO. It's very worrying and it seems this vaccine will not return normality is what they are telling us.

Milltown Row2

I watch and listen to the news, it changes by the day and station you listen to, the 'experts' will give you any narrative you want to believe.

When I see hospital admissions go down and deaths are in line with yearly figures I'll not worry about the 'cases' as it won't affect the general public.

Life will go on. If anything can reduce unnecessary death it should be applauded
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2021, 11:51:24 PM

Life will go on. If anything can reduce unnecessary death it should be applauded

Even if "anything" causes more problems than it solves.

The vaccine was meant to get us out of it. Thst was the pup we were sold last year. Now the messaging has changed.

Smurfy123

Have to agree with Angelo on this one
We were sold that this vaccine would get us out of this
35% of adults done with 1 shot which by all accounts stops hospitalisation by 80% so it must stops deaths by 90 or so real life data to come out
The top 6 groups vaccinated which cause 90% of the deaths. Once top 9 done it stops 99%.
Top 9 should be completed in 3 weeks.
What's the reason then for any restrictions beyond the end of this month?

On a second note
With the massive crowds out on Saturday and Sunday all around the North we shoukd see numbers skyrocket from Thursday on. Keep a close eye on the cases

Milltown Row2

No bars restaurants cafes or shops are open, no home visits also, why would cases rocket? Unless when everyone was outside they all started to hug each other

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 02, 2021, 06:56:20 AM
Have to agree with Angelo on this one
We were sold that this vaccine would get us out of this
35% of adults done with 1 shot which by all accounts stops hospitalisation by 80% so it must stops deaths by 90 or so real life data to come out
The top 6 groups vaccinated which cause 90% of the deaths. Once top 9 done it stops 99%.
Top 9 should be completed in 3 weeks.
What's the reason then for any restrictions beyond the end of this month?

On a second note
With the massive crowds out on Saturday and Sunday all around the North we shoukd see numbers skyrocket from Thursday on. Keep a close eye on the cases

Was the whole point of travel restrictions and keeping crowds away from beauty spots not to reduce the possibilty of road traffic accidents and other medical emergencies (heart attacks etc) draining the ambulance serivce which was being kept for Covid call outs?

Louther

There is nearly a sense with some that they want they vaccine to fail, just so they can take the "told you so" position. Jumping on every crumb of potential bad news, ignoring the positive impact it having.

The vaccine is the only show in town, it failing at this time isn't worth considering. It will cause many more deaths and suffering, it's not hard to understand really.

seafoid

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 06:32:59 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 01, 2021, 05:31:11 PM
The Qangelo narrative

"The vaccine is effective - so there's no reason for anybody to take it"  ???

We don't know whether the vaccine is effective or not yet.

Mixed signals, look at recent happenings in Israel for example, scientists still chasing their tails.

Hopefully it is successful though and hopefully it is safe but once again you're delivering a false narrative to suppress healthy debate and discourse.

It's unbelievably ironic that spend your time on hearing passing off banalities about the far right and Trump when you basically parrot the exact same Trumpian tactics of childish insults, misinformation, suppression of democracy and political discourse.

You want to set a match to world. It's very odd behaviour.
The UK death rate is far lower now than in January

the goal was on

The plan released today will be a copy and paste job , that's for sure. All lip service..... have to be careful....we want this to be the last (heard that before)......vaccine roll out is going well....... new variants we have to be careful of (though we're keeping the airports open and have no quarantine of any note)  ....... businesses stay closed (but 100's can head into playparks at any time and paw all over the frames and slides with no sanitising in sight! .By the way lots of businesses have piped down some amount this past few months. Why because they are getting a ransom to what they would normally get in Jan and Feb. Cry cry cry in december but heads down now. Tax payer will front this bill shortly.

johnnycool

Quote from: Angelo on March 02, 2021, 12:01:09 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 01, 2021, 11:51:24 PM

Even if "anything" causes more problems than it solves.

The vaccine was meant to get us out of it. Thst was the pup we were sold last year. Now the messaging has changed.

The WHO have been very clear on vaccines in that the entire world needs access to vaccines as soon as possible as if the poorer countries don't get the vaccines as well then it will mutate and maybe cause some vaccines to be worthless.

Mutations are always going to be with us.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 01, 2021, 09:42:00 PM
So what will be announced tomorrow
Watch them follow Boris give it take a week
But it will run alongside them
No bold decisions made
They couldn't even make the Monday deadline
Imagine in your workplace you were to deliver a presentation for the Monday and decided to put it off until the Tuesday

Vote them out, jokers

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I think there will be big drop off in numbers taking vaccine under 50. Straw poll in office here, 12 people under 50, only 5 taking it. That will probably change when passports are needed etc, the main rational seems to be "if the vulnerable are jabbed why should we worry, its at our own risk, and we all had it anyhow"

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 11:07:15 AM
I think there will be big drop off in numbers taking vaccine under 50. Straw poll in office here, 12 people under 50, only 5 taking it. That will probably change when passports are needed etc, the main rational seems to be "if the vulnerable are jabbed why should we worry, its at our own risk, and we all had it anyhow"

Multi jurisdictional, legal minefield. Hugely unlikely to come in, at it's most basic, it could be argued that it coerces people into taking something they don't want to (or, need to, for sake of argument) for their "freedom". Legally its a black hole and you can be completely sure that it will be challenged by various groupings (and backed by just as many too, I suppose).

The pandemic will be long over before that legal war is even started, let alone settled.