Short term memory loss for smurfy it seems

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2021, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2021, 03:12:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 03:04:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2021, 02:56:48 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 05, 2021, 02:45:27 PM
How are you lads still having the same row every day for about 6 weeks now. Angelo is leading you to the river and making you drink  ;D

They keep unraveling when they try to justify the 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 while maintaining that lockdowns are justified now because its Covid. If similar figures die from something else it's acceptable we take no preventative measures.

Are all the figures based on Aussie flu? We had 2,000 extra deaths for the year 2020 over 2018, the year 2017 was same numbers as 2018 for the year,

Your deflection is impressive, I think you believe covid is some seasonal flu, though its been here for over a year

What matters is amounts of lives.

When we had record amounts of lives lost in a month you thought it was completely acceptable that we did nothing to prevent them.

It's hard to find the consistency in your justification of record death totals to that of Covid.

The medical professionals cited seasonal flu as the main cause in record deaths in Jan 18, the reaction was to shrug our shoulders and say "awk, these things happen".

Can you please post were I said the death rate was acceptable? In fact during that year there was a thread about it, and we discussed it and how it left a young man dead here in the north. There wasn't one post saying "sure its grand, these things happen"

I didn't hear anyone saying that we should lockdown or do anything to stop those lives been lost. If you can point to a post where preventative measures on a societal basis were proposed then I'm all ears.

On one hand we accepted record levels of death in Jan 2018 and did nothing to prevent it, it was scant media coverage - nothing compared to Covid. It was an acceptable consequence to the economy, jobs, sports, liberties etc.

So why are we allowing people to die from other causes so willingly and not Covid. We have 1.3m road deaths globally every year. Should we ban cars or is 1.3m road deaths an acceptable figure? Why do we take half measures on road deaths but won't take them on Covid?

So you can't post where i said the death rate is acceptable? Very good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 05, 2021, 06:17:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 05, 2021, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 05, 2021, 05:43:33 PM
Milltown the virus was barely here in March April May and June
Stop throwing out words that are not true

Eh?

Short term memory loss for smurfy it seems

I'm nearly sure I was put on lockdown in March..someone is on the glue
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

I said it was barely here
You are going ok as if it was rampant in spring and summer
Very low numbers
This is a seasonal virus
Nov - Feb
That was what I was saying ok

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 06:19:53 PM
How are you lads still having the same row every day for about 6 weeks now. Angelo is leading you to the river and making you drink  ;D

They keep unraveling when they try to justify the 2,101 deaths in Jan 2018 while maintaining that lockdowns are justified now because its Covid. If similar figures die from something else it's acceptable we take no preventative measures.

Are all the figures based on Aussie flu? We had 2,000 extra deaths for the year 2020 over 2018, the year 2017 was same numbers as 2018 for the year,

Your deflection is impressive, I think you believe covid is some seasonal flu, though its been here for over a year

When we had record amounts of lives lost in a month you thought it was completely acceptable that we did nothing to prevent them.

It's hard to find the consistency in your justification of record death totals to that of Covid.

The medical professionals cited seasonal flu as the main cause in record deaths in Jan 18, the reaction was to shrug our shoulders and say "awk, these things happen".

Can you please post were I said the death rate was acceptable? In fact during that year there was a thread about it, and we discussed it and how it left a young man dead here in the north. There wasn't one post saying "sure its grand, these things happen"

I didn't hear anyone saying that we should lockdown or do anything to stop those lives been lost. If you can point to a post where preventative measures on a societal basis were proposed then I'm all ears.

On one hand we accepted record levels of death in Jan 2018 and did nothing to prevent it, it was scant media coverage - nothing compared to Covid. It was an acceptable consequence to the economy, jobs, sports, liberties etc.

So why are we allowing people to die from other causes so willingly and not Covid. We have 1.3m road deaths globally every year. Should we ban cars or is 1.3m road deaths an acceptable figure? Why do we take half measures on road deaths but won't take them on Covid?

Well you're at odds with yourself if you're saying it wasn't. Where did you suggest proactive measures it stop the loss of lives then?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 05, 2021, 06:26:41 PM
I said it was barely here
You are going ok as if it was rampant in spring and summer
Very low numbers
This is a seasonal virus
Nov - Feb
That was what I was saying ok

Patrick's day celebrations were cancelled all over Ireland in March and that was March 17th in the middle of the month. The first lockdown was also ordered in the south in March. When do you think Covid actually arrived in Ireland?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 05, 2021, 06:30:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 06:19:53 PM

Well you're at odds with yourself if you're saying it wasn't. Where did you suggest proactive measures it stop the loss of lives then?

So you claimed I said it but can't find it? Then say I'm at odds with myself. Brilliant

Cunny Funt

The ROI had 1161 covid deaths in April and many that died that month would have picked the virus up in March. If we had tested as many then as now the weekly case counts would be simliar to the January numbers. The infection rate decreased a lot in May, June but we still had over 500 deaths those months.

RedHand88

...... eh???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 05, 2021, 07:31:21 PM

...... eh???

Yes the glue is strong with this one!

Sportacus

Can u see kids coming back to underage in their droves when lockdown ends, or do you think it has broken the link for some/many and they've got used to other past times with possibly less stress?  Thinking of the parents as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on February 06, 2021, 11:14:14 AM
Can u see kids coming back to underage in their droves when lockdown ends, or do you think it has broken the link for some/many and they've got used to other past times with possibly less stress?  Thinking of the parents as well.

They'll be back... clubs are all doing their bit online via social media, that's like saying there won't be kids playing soccer or rugby, it will be back and once at school they should be picking up the hurl or ball

imtommygunn

I honestly think more will go back to it. Parents will see too little inactivity and interaction.

Smurfy123

American cases have dropped from 300000 peak 2 weeks ago and are now at 100000 average 130000 in a 7 day average
Any reason for such a sharp decline
Trump goes the decline happens

BennyCake

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 06, 2021, 11:56:54 AM
American cases have dropped from 300000 peak 2 weeks ago and are now at 100000 average 130000 in a 7 day average
Any reason for such a sharp decline
Trump goes the decline happens

Joe the Messiah! I told you he'd sort it all out!