China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Well sure when 99% people who die from the virus gets vaccinated what's to hold up?
Say all over 50s get it which is 25 million
Why wait?
Or what would be the reason to wait to open all

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 26, 2021, 10:17:18 PM
Well sure when 99% people who die from the virus gets vaccinated what's to hold up?
Why wait?

Again Angelo thinks the vaccine is a pile of shite, he'd know so let's follow him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Why wait?

Some argue that the danger is that it keeps spreading among the young leading to more and more mutations that any vaccine could keep up with. As said before possibly at least 80% of a population needs vaccinated to truly put it to bed.

dublin7

Why wait?

You want a simple answer and there isn't one. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

What do you think are acceptable levels to end all Covid restrictions?

Smurfy123

Well as stated today by the nhs in the north that all over 60s will be vaccinated in February
I would feel by then most restrictions should lift with the exception of indoor settings for now
No house gatherings
No pubs
No restaurants
No concerts
No large crowds yet

I really don't see why the following can't reopen
Outdoors sports
Some supporters
Retail
Schools

Am i wrong here?

dublin7

It can't just be based on the numbers vaccinated. It will depend on hospital numbers, new daily cases, ICU beds occupied. If hospitals are still struggling to cope with numbers of Covid patients you can't ease restrictions.

If all these figures are low then the government can consider easing restrictions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 26, 2021, 10:36:11 PM
Well as stated today by the nhs in the north that all over 60s will be vaccinated in February
I would feel by then most restrictions should lift with the exception of indoor settings for now
No house gatherings
No pubs
No restaurants
No concerts
No large crowds yet

Outdoors sports
Some supporters
Retail
Schools

Am i wrong here?

So all over 60's will be vaccinated by February? So both jabs?  Brilliant news, I haven't seen that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Well one dose gives you 100% protection against severe disease and hospitalisation?

What more do you want until you get the booster a few months later

Well considering the south of Ireland has dropped 261 from last night in hospital is a good sign

Still 1689 in though I would expect that to be close to 11/1200 next week

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 26, 2021, 10:56:50 PM
Well one dose gives you 100% protection against severe disease and hospitalisation?

What more do you want until you get the booster a few months later

Well considering the south of Ireland has dropped 261 from last night in hospital is a good sign

Still 1689 in though I would expect that to be close to 11/1200 next week

Has it dropped because of lockdown?

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2021, 10:47:14 PM
No house gatherings
No pubs
No restaurants
No concerts
No large crowds yet

Outdoors sports
Some supporters
Retail
Schools

Am i wrong here?

So all over 60's will be vaccinated by February? So both jabs?  Brilliant news, I haven't seen that

They announced all over 65's will be offered first dose by end of February. Atm the are holding the second dose for up to 12 weeks so all over 65's won't be full vaccinated until approx. end of May.

Smurfy123

First dose with 100% protection against severe illness and hospitalisation
Off course lockdown has worked to get it down
My point is why continue to lockdown when hospitals won't be under pressure
When you put cases low along with the vaccination why continue to lockdown
To many people getting to comfortable in lockdown

JoG2

Quote from: Ty4Sam on January 26, 2021, 11:13:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2021, 10:47:14 PM
No house gatherings
No pubs
No restaurants
No concerts
No large crowds yet

Outdoors sports
Some supporters
Retail
Schools

Am i wrong here?

They announced all over 65's will be offered first dose by end of February. Atm the are holding the second dose for up to 12 weeks so all over 65's won't be full vaccinated until approx. end of May.

https://youtu.be/kUg7OO1gZk0

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 26, 2021, 11:17:35 PM
First dose with 100% protection against severe illness and hospitalisation
Off course lockdown has worked to get it down
My point is why continue to lockdown when hospitals won't be under pressure
When you put cases low along with the vaccination why continue to lockdown
To many people getting to comfortable in lockdown

Your knowledge of the future is unreal.

Again I'll bow to Angelo's knowledge of vaccines and how they work, they apparently don't work

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2021, 10:15:49 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 26, 2021, 09:57:11 PM
I quote Pascal Soriot the CEO of AstraZeneca

1 dose gives 100% protection against severe disease and hospitalisation

The uk government have 30 million ok order by the last week of March in which he expects them to arrive

At what point do all restrictions in the uk lift

When Angelo tells us that the big Pharmaceutical companies have got it right!

:D ;D :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 26, 2021, 10:25:52 PM
Some argue that the danger is that it keeps spreading among the young leading to more and more mutations that any vaccine could keep up with.

BINGO.

If there is a large enough pool of people where it can continue to circulate, then it'll continue to mutate. The more people its circulating among, the more mutations can happen. The more mutations there are then the more likely it is that one of them is very bad for everyone.
i usse an speelchekor