China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

PadraicHenryPearse

if the government put a lockdown over xmas and people adhered to it, you would be on here saying their prediction were wrong and we should have opened up..

i am not sure most people are adhering to the rules and my in laws are case in point. recent close contacts, the person who has covid didnt isolation or stay home from work when told too but did visit the in laws 3 times before testing positive for covid. He told them he was a close contact on the 1st occasion but they still let him into the house after that.

his wife has gone food shopping with the kids since her husband tested positive. An in law went to the local shop yesterday instead of isolating as she got a negative anti body test, didnt have pcr test as no symtoms as yet, doesnt think she done anything wrong.... i imagine they arent the only people acting like this... i read of people stopping for coffee on the way to tests recently too

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

trailer

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 19, 2021, 01:26:31 PM
if the government put a lockdown over xmas and people adhered to it, you would be on here saying their prediction were wrong and we should have opened up..

i am not sure most people are adhering to the rules and my in laws are case in point. recent close contacts, the person who has covid didnt isolation or stay home from work when told too but did visit the in laws 3 times before testing positive for covid. He told them he was a close contact on the 1st occasion but they still let him into the house after that.

his wife has gone food shopping with the kids since her husband tested positive. An in law went to the local shop yesterday instead of isolating as she got a negative anti body test, didnt have pcr test as no symtoms as yet, doesnt think she done anything wrong.... i imagine they arent the only people acting like this... i read of people stopping for coffee on the way to tests recently too

It's so easy to see who has and who hasn't been abiding by the restrictions. The amount of outbreaks in families is wild. You can see a mile away that they're contributing to their own little pandemic.

In relation to a few other points, It's fair to say the DUP have been absolutely terrible on this including sending MPs to London to vote against the recent ENGLISH restrictions. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious and I would have a huge bout of schadenfreude if one of them was to test positive and fall ill. But it is wrong to exonerate others. The health service in NI is a complete mess. It's so badly run that if those people were in charge of private companies they'd be sacked or the business would be bankrupt. This is all on top of years of nonsense by both SF and the DUP. SF walking out on the executive for ILA which I still haven't seen. SF also showed complete disregard for the regulations in the summer and no matter what they say it knocked public confidence and strained relations in the executive when what was required was cohesion and unity.

GetOverTheBar

This is exactly what has been fuelling the whole thing, this whole time. Not these mass of house parties that people seem to think exist in every town.

Angelo

So lockdowns aren't practical?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rudi

This is a huge problem, the same is happening all over the country. A family acting the maggot can take down half a village & then plead "sure I did nothing wrong". I know of one particular family who really have made utter cun%s out of themselves & are not lepers in the village. The trail of destruction they left is biblical. One of them didn't get tested as he would lose out on Christmas overtime, the lad would have been getting 850 euros a week if he stayed at home. My wife and son got if from our childminder who through no fault of her own, got it from this family. We had to isolate as a family over the Christmas, my 3 other kids & I did not pick it up despite been close contact with the other 2 for the 17 days, I was also more in contact with the childminder than the wife as I do pick ups 80 percent of the time.
There seems to be super spreaders like the family / child minder others don't appear to spread it near as bad. I mean my young fella that had it would have accidently cloughed over me a few times on the couch, we would have accidently drank out of the same glass at dinner, so the spread of infection is variable. Would have slept in the same bed as wife & still didnt pick it up, was tested 3 times at different intervals btw.
The track and trace was a complete disaster & a stain on our public health system. The horse had bolted long after the damage was done. If it was down right much more lives could have been saved.

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2021, 01:37:03 PM

It's so easy to see who has and who hasn't been abiding by the restrictions. The amount of outbreaks in families is wild. You can see a mile away that they're contributing to their own little pandemic.

In relation to a few other points, It's fair to say the DUP have been absolutely terrible on this including sending MPs to London to vote against the recent ENGLISH restrictions. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious and I would have a huge bout of schadenfreude if one of them was to test positive and fall ill. But it is wrong to exonerate others. The health service in NI is a complete mess. It's so badly run that if those people were in charge of private companies they'd be sacked or the business would be bankrupt. This is all on top of years of nonsense by both SF and the DUP. SF walking out on the executive for ILA which I still haven't seen. SF also showed complete disregard for the regulations in the summer and no matter what they say it knocked public confidence and strained relations in the executive when what was required was cohesion and unity.

Trailer I used to disagree with pretty much everything you said but now I find myself agreeing lol. I would fully agree with this. The DUP are not 100% to blame but they should take a lot of flak. Sammy Wilson is a real life Angelo. Jim Shannon is clearly a basket case. They just don't help themselves. The SF funeral thing had a big impact too. At least they have stopped now. The DUP still traveling to London is typical of them You would be shocked if it wasn't them.

The stormont executive is actually beyond dysfunctional now. It is actually almost of negative value. The DUP would actually cost lives just to spite Dublin I think. They are beyond ridiculous now.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2021, 02:02:02 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 19, 2021, 01:37:03 PM

Trailer I used to disagree with pretty much everything you said but now I find myself agreeing lol. I would fully agree with this. The DUP are not 100% to blame but they should take a lot of flak. Sammy Wilson is a real life Angelo. Jim Shannon is clearly a basket case. They just don't help themselves. The SF funeral thing had a big impact too. At least they have stopped now. The DUP still traveling to London is typical of them You would be shocked if it wasn't them.

The stormont executive is actually beyond dysfunctional now. It is actually almost of negative value. The DUP would actually cost lives just to spite Dublin I think. They are beyond ridiculous now.

So because you are a hypocrite does that you mean you are actually Sammy Wilson?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rudi on January 19, 2021, 01:58:03 PM

This is a huge problem, the same is happening all over the country. A family acting the maggot can take down half a village & then plead "sure I did nothing wrong". I know of one particular family who really have made utter cun%s out of themselves & are not lepers in the village. The trail of destruction they left is biblical. One of them didn't get tested as he would lose out on Christmas overtime, the lad would have been getting 850 euros a week if he stayed at home. My wife and son got if from our childminder who through no fault of her own, got it from this family. We had to isolate as a family over the Christmas, my 3 other kids & I did not pick it up despite been close contact with the other 2 for the 17 days, I was also more in contact with the childminder than the wife as I do pick ups 80 percent of the time.
There seems to be super spreaders like the family / child minder others don't appear to spread it near as bad. I mean my young fella that had it would have accidently cloughed over me a few times on the couch, we would have accidently drank out of the same glass at dinner, so the spread of infection is variable. Would have slept in the same bed as wife & still didnt pick it up, was tested 3 times at different intervals btw.
The track and trace was a complete disaster & a stain on our public health system. The horse had bolted long after the damage was done. If it was down right much more lives could have been saved.

t&t was poor but 1 in 4 were not turning up for testing i remember reading reports back in September...

tbrick18

Quote from: Angelo on January 19, 2021, 09:57:44 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 19, 2021, 09:53:14 AM

While some posters believe covid is no threat to anyone under 40 the numbers who are currently in hospital would show this clearly isn't the case.

It is statistically proven - 3 deaths from 46k cases in the north.

A 0.0064% fatality rate.

So quit pedalling misinformation.

Angelo, you continually miss, or choose to ignore the point.
Deaths are not the only statistic to worry about.
Hospitals are inundated with Covid patients. That statistics show that in this wave the age profile of hospital admissions is much lower than it previously was.
Not all hospital admissions will die now, or in the previous wave. But they still need hospital care and in many cases intensive care.
Lockdown is simply a tool to use when things are at their worst to relieve the pressure on the hospital systems but will inevitably also save lives.
I haven't seen anyone say it will stop the virus 100%.
I'd like to know what your definition of "works" is? You have a very blinkered one sided view on the need for lockdowns that doesn't seem to acknowledge at all the need to protect the hospitals as well as the lives of those vulnerable people in society.

trailer

24 (Twenty Four) deaths in the North today.

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 19, 2021, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 19, 2021, 09:57:44 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 19, 2021, 09:53:14 AM

While some posters believe covid is no threat to anyone under 40 the numbers who are currently in hospital would show this clearly isn't the case.

It is statistically proven - 3 deaths from 46k cases in the north.

A 0.0064% fatality rate.

So quit pedalling misinformation.

Angelo, you continually miss, or choose to ignore the point.
Deaths are not the only statistic to worry about.
Hospitals are inundated with Covid patients. That statistics show that in this wave the age profile of hospital admissions is much lower than it previously was.
Not all hospital admissions will die now, or in the previous wave. But they still need hospital care and in many cases intensive care.
Lockdown is simply a tool to use when things are at their worst to relieve the pressure on the hospital systems but will inevitably also save lives.
I haven't seen anyone say it will stop the virus 100%.
I'd like to know what your definition of "works" is? You have a very blinkered one sided view on the need for lockdowns that doesn't seem to acknowledge at all the need to protect the hospitals as well as the lives of those vulnerable people in society.

You're the one consistently and deliberately refusing to acknowledge the absolute fact that we have had 3 deaths in 46k positive cases of Covid in the u40 category. It's not an issue for that age grouping - Covid is not a threat like road traffic accidents, alcohol related deaths, suicide etc so why do we take such half measures on those threats and go draconian on Covid. If we really had the appetite to tackle any cause of death we could do it. Will we know ban fast food takeaways given the large correlation between people who gorge on fastfood.

There are some massive contradictions at play here from you guys.

We can take extreme measure to reduce road deaths? Will we take those measure or will we just live with an acceptable amount of road deaths each year?

Or are you only interested in taking preventative measure to stop Covid deaths but people can continue to die as long as it's not from Covid.

The big issue for me at the minute is the spread in hospitals. Staff and patients are picking up Covid at an enormous rate in medical settings, not in community settings and this is scandalous.

Smurfy123

46% rise in carehome deaths in England this past 2 months
I would imagine that the north wouldn't be overly different
Criminal. Sort that carehomes ASAP
We are making the same mistake as March
Over 50% of deaths have occurred in carehomes in the north
Fifty per cent

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 19, 2021, 02:32:56 PM
46% rise in carehome deaths in England this past 2 months
I would imagine that the north wouldn't be overly different
Criminal. Sort that carehomes ASAP
We are making the same mistake as March
Over 50% of deaths have occurred in carehomes in the north
Fifty per cent

A huge issue.

This and the transmission rates in hospitals are the huge scandals here.

But it's easier for governments to lay the blame at the people rather than how they have failed the elderly and the vulnerable repeatedly.