Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 07, 2021, 02:50:24 PM
Let me quote the south of Ireland's Health minister on RTE just now
And I quote
There is no evidence of flu this year
Sometimes it makes you really think

I made this point earlier to the idiots who dismiss any question of the current strategy out of hand.

None of them gave me an answer, they just hurled abuse.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

The idiots lol.

They're either for you or against you angelo. There's no middle ground where you can agree on one thing but not another. Either for or against you.

johnnycool

And I quote

For one thing basic hygiene levels have went up, sanitising your hands going into shops and buildings really should stay with us post Covid. That will help reduce flu and other airborne ailments even the common cold FFS.

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on January 07, 2021, 03:25:19 PM
And I quote

For one thing basic hygiene levels have went up, sanitising your hands going into shops and buildings really should stay with us post Covid. That will help reduce flu and other airborne ailments even the common cold FFS.

Also abolishing hand shaking and things like escalators and lifts should automatically sterilised.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

From a personal point of view, within my wider family, circle of friends, club members from soccer and GAA, work etc... I've seen a shift again towards support of Lockdown from many of them. Many are 40+ and quite a few have the virus or are recovering from the virus. Many cannot shift the pain from inflammation and lethargy weeks, and for a few, months after contracting Covid. Many also have not got their sense of taste back. Some work within the trusts and are due to be vaccinated but have been advised against until the symptons clear. With more and more young enough people experiencing this, word spreads and makes others think. Hopefully the vast majority heed the guidelines until the vaccine has worked its way through our communities.

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 01:32:52 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 07, 2021, 01:25:55 PM
State of emergency declared in Tokyo due to mounting covid cases. The Olympics could be cancelled for another year.

Just let it go ahead, with not spectators.. Sure they are young fit men that would have no issues if they caught covid, let her rip

Any word on the Euros? Surely it won't be happening all over Europe? Surely if it's to go ahead, it will be in one country?

Milltown Row2

And I quote

This has been discussed at length and they still aren't able to read tbf post correctly or understand that simple piece of information. Do it with crayons next
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on January 07, 2021, 03:30:17 PM
And I quote

Also abolishing hand shaking and things like escalators and lifts should automatically sterilised.

Valid points lads.

Smurfy123

Milltown what's your take on the flu being totally eliminated?
Now take into consideration that this time every year we hear about our hospitals being overwhelmed and patients lying on beds in corridors.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Personally lads starting to see some very strong evidence of mental health being negatively affected in friends and colleagues since advent of covid. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 07, 2021, 06:08:34 PM
Now take into consideration that this time every year we hear about our hospitals being overwhelmed and patients lying on beds in corridors.

Totally?

Can you put up a link for the uk on no flus being reported?

Also this has been discussed, if you are not in contact with people like before then the chances of catching flu, which unlike Covid and especially this variant is very contagious.

So by no one catching this winter, do you think the flu was a hoax before?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Have the GAAboard daily Covid ROI V NI update stats dried up then?

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 06:12:52 PM
So by no one catching this winter, do you think the flu was a hoax before?

The world Pharma conspirators have now something better to cod people with.

Quote from: bennydorano on January 07, 2021, 09:14:51 PM
Have the GAAboard daily Covid ROI V NI update stats dried up then?

Both teams being well beaten, no need for the exact score.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 07, 2021, 06:08:34 PM

Between January and August 2020, there were 48,168 deaths due to Covid-19 compared to 13,600 from pneumonia/flu

sid waddell

This refers to the UK

Quotehttps://twitter.com/LouiseRawAuthor/status/1347288887689940997

It is (sadly) entirely possible to die from Covid more than 28 days after a positive test result.
But if you do, your death isn't counted.

Wonder what the true overall figure is.

The 60 day figure is believed to be around 85k rather than the circa 78k figure for 28 days