China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on December 05, 2020, 09:48:32 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on December 05, 2020, 09:10:52 PM
FF and FG would rather enter a coalition together than share info with SF, even in a pandemic. The DUP and SF in the north have both stated from the beginning they had been disappointed that formation had not been shared in relation to lockdowns and strategy.

How could they have cooperated with Stormont? Swann stopped testing contracts on 11 March without any discussion with Dublin and later left all the shops open in Derry even when it was one of the worst places.

And Swann getting praised too the whole way through it. I don't see what they see.

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI.

Cases 2050 (220 more than last week)
Reported Deaths 49 (19 more than last week)

In hospital 231 (26 less than last week)
In ICU 28 ( 2 less than last week)

Jim Bob

"One small p***k for woman, one large p***k for womankind"

Rudi

4 Days trying to get a repeat perscription from my local doctor, not answering phone, just due to covid this, covid that. E-mailed in perscription details, looking for payment over the phone, but still not answering. I'm hurting now, I need the meds.

I know of 2 lads that have killed themselves due to Covid, for balance I also know a lad in his late 40's who has died of Covid, he had mild diabetes.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rudi on December 09, 2020, 09:54:47 AM
4 Days trying to get a repeat perscription from my local doctor, not answering phone, just due to covid this, covid that. E-mailed in perscription details, looking for payment over the phone, but still not answering. I'm hurting now, I need the meds.

This is the point. If you run the health service flat out by sending it a rake of extra Covid patients, then the strain will show in various ways. It isn't much fun for the GPs and their staff either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Seaney

Alternatively they could be using covid to take the complete piss, akin to our public sector workers in general.

Seaney

I know of 2 lads that have killed themselves due to Covid, for balance I also know a lad in his late 40's who has died of Covid, he had mild diabetes.

These are things the moral guardians of the board do not want to here, i.e. the truth. Covid has been a scourge the real scourge though have been failed lockdowns, mental health issues, missed appointments, abuse, job loses all to "save the health system being overrun" when all the predicted figures have all been wrong and nightingale hospitals have been lying empty.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Seaney on December 09, 2020, 11:27:43 AM

These are things the moral guardians of the board do not want to here, i.e. the truth. Covid has been a scourge the real scourge though have been failed lockdowns, mental health issues, missed appointments, abuse, job loses all to "save the health system being overrun" when all the predicted figures have all been wrong and nightingale hospitals have been lying empty.

Your grasping. No one has denied the knock on effects of covid or the lockdowns. They've been debated here extensively. In the absence of a proper T&T system, and a public that obviously didn't take take all the precautions required, lock downs were going to be inevitable as numbers rose. Lock downs are a last resort.
Thankfully there's a vaccine now that should limit the impact of Covid going forward and the economic recovery can start. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Seaney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 09, 2020, 01:11:52 PM
https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1209/1183310-coronavirus-vaccine/

Go on to the vaccine thread this is nothing, dublin7 and milhouse said so - day 1 and we have issues, who would have thought!

Rudi

Quote from: armaghniac on December 09, 2020, 11:17:30 AM

This is the point. If you run the health service flat out by sending it a rake of extra Covid patients, then the strain will show in various ways. It isn't much fun for the GPs and their staff either.

GP's are doing referals, not much else. The real doctors are in the hospitals. I had to call down to the facility in the end to get thing moving.

armaghniac

484 new cases from tests on 3,220 individuals in the 6 counties.
Numbers not going down much and that is a shocking positivity rate, they are obviously not testing anywhere near enough people.
Also 12 deaths recorded in Northern Ireland, 7 occurring during past 24 hours. This also suggests that they are doing a poor job of identifying cases.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

It's ok.... it's taking christmas off :o

BennyCake

People have no time to worry about Covid. There's shopping for Christmas pyjamas and Kylie perfume to be bought!!