China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 12, 2020, 04:57:05 PM
Good example of 'triggering' on the board yesterday.

Some dose spent his Sunday on a manic two thousand word ramble about a Spanish tennis player to some other people that don't even care.

That was funny to watch too. But maybe not funny haha.

Odd that it has triggered you all the same.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 12, 2020, 03:22:31 PM
Chris Whitty said on the 21st of September that there would be 50 k cases a day by mid October if drastic action wasn't taken.

I mean, its 14k, up 10% from last week. When the numbers increase at the rate this thing does 50k wasnt a million mile off. Probably be that by November.

JoG2

Dear Scientists of the World

Kindly catch your collective selves on. 10 months deep ffs.

Signed

Internet arseholes

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lenny

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 12, 2020, 06:17:31 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 12, 2020, 03:22:31 PM
Chris Whitty said on the 21st of September that there would be 50 k cases a day by mid October if drastic action wasn't taken.

I mean, its 14k, up 10% from last week. When the numbers increase at the rate this thing does 50k wasnt a million mile off. Probably be that by November.

Unchecked the numbers will increase exponentially. The rate of doubling at the moment means we'd probably be at over 50k in 2 weeks if there's no intervention measures.

Milltown Row2

Watching this now! Surely the north is at tier 3!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

When a test is done on a person, how long is it before they get the results?

Kidder81

Quote from: marty34 on October 12, 2020, 07:59:02 PM

A day or two usually

marty34

Quote from: Kidder81 on October 12, 2020, 08:02:10 PM

A day or two usually

So people then are free to do what they like for a day or two?

Really up to them to self isolate then?

Kidder81

Quote from: marty34 on October 12, 2020, 08:17:45 PM

A day or two usually

I think you are told not to be out and about but people are ignoring that in many cases

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 05, 2020, 03:37:26 PM

12 in ICU with COVID today.
Double the number from last Monday.
Six times the number from 3 Mondays ago.

Clear and scary trend here. Just 20 free beds, at the current rate these will be filled within the fortnight.

22 in ICU with COVID in the north this Monday. Not quite double in a week, but not far off it.

Still 17 free beds, but that seems to be because they've been clearing out non-COVID beds to make room. Down about 20% from the average occupancy all summer.

When people chat about about services for other illnesses taking a back seat because of COVID - this is why. It's not any lockdown cancelling operations or hoarding resources - it's the fact that all focus has to turn to keeping COVID patients alive when they land in big numbers.

And the numbers are getting bigger every week. Something has to give here, and very soon.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

BennyCake

Quote from: marty34 on October 12, 2020, 08:17:45 PM

A day or two usually

A family member tested today. Parents and kids have to stay home until results in a day or two. Was glad to hear they're not for leaving the house until tests are through.

If only all those tested did likewise.

armaghniac

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on October 12, 2020, 08:28:10 PM
When people chat about about services for other illnesses taking a back seat because of COVID - this is why. It's not any lockdown cancelling operations or hoarding resources - it's the fact that all focus has to turn to keeping COVID patients alive when they land in big numbers.

Yet those who mention people with other illnesses are generally using them as a justification for keeping things open and so having more Covid, the exact opposite of the truth. The lockdown benefits people with other illnesses , whatever about its other effects.

It is disgraceful how people are misusing ill people to make their case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

People pissing about with parties, not wearing masks etc are those putting people's lives and emergency services workers at risk.

They're no different to the bellends who go out swimming in the Atlantic during a storm, putting coast guards, lifeboat volunteers etc lives at risk.

macdanger2

Quote from: Angelo on October 11, 2020, 11:11:30 AM

I pity any teacher that ever had you.

The virus first came to prominence in China, in Wuhan, the first death from it was announced in January but they have traced back positive cases of Covid to mid November.

Similarly France recorded the first Covid death in mid Feb but have subsequently traced back positive tests to December.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/french-hospital-discovers-it-had-case-of-coronavirus-in-december-1.4245275

So it's clear as day Covid was in circulation months before anyone even knew about it, the likeliest place the virus originated and spread is the point of origin of its outbreak. Wuhan was the first place where it surged and that began to happen around early January but we now know it was in circulation in mid November in China and most likely before that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/first-covid-19-case-happened-in-november-china-government-records-show-report

I think the first positive case on this island was late Feb? Are you naive enough to think that the first person to test positive for the virus on this island was actually the first person to bring it here when many people can be asymptomatic, when there was no testing, tracking or tracing systems in place, where very limited details of the symptoms and signs of Covid were available beforehand? The logical thing to expect is that the virus arrived in the country months before the first positive case.

The vast majority of people will probably be asymptomatic or suffer mild symptoms similar to a cold or chest infection if they get it. If anyone did get it in December or did get it in January, they would most likely have put it down as a cold or flu and not passed much heed. The bottom line is that we don't know but logic and precedent will tell you that it's highly likely it was here a considerable time before the first positive test.

No need to pity my teachers or any others Angelo, they're a useless lazy bunch of hoors, I wouldn't be surprised if this virus was concocted by the teaching unions to get them off work.

I didn't bother clicking on your links, do you honestly expect me to believe anything written in the Guardian? I never had you pegged as a middle class snowflake, I'm surprised at you. As for that other mouthpiece of the freestate, sure they're nothing more than FFG shills, I find it offensive that you'd even post a link to that rag

Then you're banging on about testing despite it being proven that 95% of tests are inaccurate. You've been sucked in rightly by these scientists Angelo, they're making a complete mug out of you. Open your eyes ffs