China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trileacman on October 01, 2020, 02:01:03 PM
There will be more deaths than we currently have irregardless of the strategy ahead. What do you propose we do then?

A continued series of lockdowns isn't going to be acceptable to people for another 18 months in my opinion. There's already significant push back against the government. How else could you explain the opening of pubs whilst we're facing in to an explosive 2nd wave of infection.

A continued series of lockdowns is going to be what you get. People will just have to get over themselves.

In terms of what could be done different, there are many things. But first, the govts must realise that there is no cheap fix.

Given where we are at the moment, the below is a non exhaustive list of what can be done:
1. All secondary schools are shut and education worked remotely. Secondary school kids do not need parents at home to babysit them.
2. Primary schools can use secondary school facilities to reduce class densities. If education budgets need to swell to employ thousands of additional teaching/support staff on a temp contract, so be it.
3. Pubs/Bars are closed. End of discussion. The govt can service any loan/rent/wage etc as long as there is evidence of it being in place before covid.
4. Table distances in restaurants are upped to 3m as walking past many of them daily, they clearly cannot understand what distancing means. Surprise inspections that don't adhere means loss of licence.
5. Availability of testing, encompassing both criteria for getting a test and the existence of local test sites, needs dramatic improvement.
6. Govt funded ramping up of food delivery services - i.e. delivery service operated for free from a local supermarket.
7. Start filtering uni students through testing & isolation centres, negative tests are sent home, positive are quarantined, all are isolated from test starting to test result returned.
8. Despite 1 & 2, I expect primary schools will have to shut again. The dept of education needs to make a common online learning system that can be used by all kids. If they haven't been, why the f**k not?
9. All office based businesses have until start of Nov to get in place work from home arrangements. No exceptions. If their IT infrastructure is that shi! - then its a tough lesson for the f**kwit(s) in charge.
10.  Airports are shut. Seaports are restricted to cargo only.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: armaghniac on October 03, 2020, 10:24:00 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 03, 2020, 09:05:43 PM
Complacency?
Germany had 12000 supporters at 1 single soccer match today
I'd say it's to do with the way the governments have dealt with things
German schools back long ago

Governments don't spread Covid, except for Trump's perhaps, people do. Perhaps the German government does a better job of enforcing regulations etc.

Germany doesn't have as many idiots as here.
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

Eat out dine out in the middle of a pandemic
Ignoring the rules that were applied by the government (CUMMINGS)
Telling everyone to get back out to work (Boris)
Closing bars at 1030

Madness

ONeill

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 03, 2020, 10:52:55 PM
Eat out dine out in the middle of a pandemic
Ignoring the rules that were applied by the government (CUMMINGS)
Telling everyone to get back out to work (Boris)
Closing bars at 1030

Madness

All those things are doable if people behave. And people do seem to behave in other parts of the world. We've a large fairly stupid percentage of the population in this part of Europe.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kernan_is_King

Listen lads, its a game of inches, in football get a couple of inches closer and in these times stand back a few inches and don't be a bollocks.
Big Joe - Big Future!

Rossfan

Quote from: Eire90 on October 03, 2020, 09:35:23 PM
the alt right is now everywhere in ireland seems like ireland maybe in some sort of cold civil war and the so called republicans have let the alr right get a hold in ireland
I suspect this floot is a "sleeper" from one of the neo Nazi 0.8%.
His daft comments on GAA matters and the pseudonym would suggest he's not  Irish.
Perhaps mods it's time to disable this account.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Who's paying wages when they lockdown for 3 weeks? There's no furlough after October
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Brilliant post RadioGAAGAA. Couldn't put it better myself. Apart from number 8. Can't see the government giving in to the schools closing. Sure Glynn himself even said as much himself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 03, 2020, 10:50:17 PM
There will be more deaths than we currently have irregardless of the strategy ahead. What do you propose we do then?

A continued series of lockdowns isn't going to be acceptable to people for another 18 months in my opinion. There's already significant push back against the government. How else could you explain the opening of pubs whilst we're facing in to an explosive 2nd wave of infection.

A continued series of lockdowns is going to be what you get. People will just have to get over themselves.

In terms of what could be done different, there are many things. But first, the govts must realise that there is no cheap fix.

Given where we are at the moment, the below is a non exhaustive list of what can be done:
1. All secondary schools are shut and education worked remotely. Secondary school kids do not need parents at home to babysit them.
2. Primary schools can use secondary school facilities to reduce class densities. If education budgets need to swell to employ thousands of additional teaching/support staff on a temp contract, so be it.
3. Pubs/Bars are closed. End of discussion. The govt can service any loan/rent/wage etc as long as there is evidence of it being in place before covid.
4. Table distances in restaurants are upped to 3m as walking past many of them daily, they clearly cannot understand what distancing means. Surprise inspections that don't adhere means loss of licence.
5. Availability of testing, encompassing both criteria for getting a test and the existence of local test sites, needs dramatic improvement.
6. Govt funded ramping up of food delivery services - i.e. delivery service operated for free from a local supermarket.
7. Start filtering uni students through testing & isolation centres, negative tests are sent home, positive are quarantined, all are isolated from test starting to test result returned.
8. Despite 1 & 2, I expect primary schools will have to shut again. The dept of education needs to make a common online learning system that can be used by all kids. If they haven't been, why the f**k not?
9. All office based businesses have until start of Nov to get in place work from home arrangements. No exceptions. If their IT infrastructure is that shi! - then its a tough lesson for the f**kwit(s) in charge.

Where's the benefit in closing seaports, airports whilst the border with NI remains open? Derry City/Donegal currently poisoning each other with Covid currently.
I'll look forward to how you get the pubs to close. They're only open and your going to try and close them again.

Who's going to police all these restrictions? It was larger done on the goodwill of the population the 1st time around. Against the tide how are the guards going to police all these extra protocols?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

marty34

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 03, 2020, 10:50:17 PM

Might sound good practical but that's nonsense - would be a logistical nightmare.

Milltown Row2

So just keep doing what we are currently doing?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1004/1169350-northern-ireland-virus/

The latest figures show that the infection rate in Derry City and Strabane has increased to 485.2 per 100,000 of the population.

Cunny Funt

Weekly numbers for the ROI, getting worse not better.

Cases  3,071 (987 more than last week)

Reported deaths 17 ( 8 of them happened before September)

Its the highest weekly number of cases since April 20th to 26th when it was 4,011 that week. (hopefully that number isn't topped that by next Sunday)

Back in April 26th we had 770 in hospital and 120 in ICU

Today its 134 in Hospital and 21 in ICU.

Jeepers Creepers

Level 5 for the whole of the ROI recommended by NHPET

BennyCake

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 04, 2020, 08:47:50 PM
Level 5 for the whole of the ROI recommended by NHPET

What does level 5 entail?