China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Today
Total deaths in the European Union (27 Member States) 324

Deaths in the United Kingdom  359

So England alone is more than the whole EU, including the chancers in Sweden.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Barely a pub is open. Gyms aren't open. Restaurants aren't open. Mass participation events aren't happening. Sports are off. Churches are off. Barely a soul on public transport.The list goes on.

No one can tell if we have avoided a second spike or whether one will come so I don't know why someone thinks we are sure we have missed a second spike!!

England in general has been shocking and then tell people they have been successful. Quarantine people like there's more chance they have it coming from elsewhere. Muppets.

trailer

This is solely a disease of the over 70s and those with people underlying health conditions.

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

If ever there was an example that the game is up it is Belfast and London yesterday, same people probably called for the lockdown initially. Professional protesters I'd call them. I've also been in Monaghan a few times this week and it was busy. Scenes of beauty spots and beaches crammed.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2020, 01:01:03 PM
This is solely a disease of the over 70s and those with people underlying health conditions.

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

If ever there was an example that the game is up it is Belfast and London yesterday, same people probably called for the lockdown initially. Professional protesters I'd call them. I've also been in Monaghan a few times this week and it was busy. Scenes of beauty spots and beaches crammed.

While I agree it looks like lockdown has come to an end to due peoples behaviour your first line is completely incorrect trailer

lenny

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

Yeah, Monaghan has some deadly beaches and beauty spots.

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on June 04, 2020, 01:03:06 PM

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

While I agree it looks like lockdown has come to an end to due peoples behaviour your first line is completely incorrect trailer

It is 100% right, the number of deaths under 70 is tiny. The amount of deaths outside of the care home population is less than 50% for christ sake!

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2020, 01:14:14 PM

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

It is 100% right, the number of deaths under 70 is tiny. The amount of deaths outside of the care home population is less than 50% for christ sake!

So you have just contradicted yourself - it is solely a disease of over 70's and then number of deaths under 70 is tiny.
Which is it?

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on June 04, 2020, 01:17:18 PM

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

So you have just contradicted yourself - it is solely a disease of over 70's and then number of deaths under 70 is tiny.
Which is it?

f**k me. It's almost solely then. Talk about missing the point.

Milltown Row2

You must be back working then trailer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Agree about opening the economy and schools ASAP
Why do so many on here not get it
All the beaches and streets packed this 2 weeks would have been much smaller if children were in school. Take last Wednesday in Warrenpoint for example it was packed if those kids were in school wouldn't happen
If people were back working and shopping it takes crowds away from the one spot.
Spread the crowds out
Austria with a population of 9million eased lockdown April 10th. 6 new cases today
New Zealand allowing fans into stadiums from next week
Social distancing is key in all this. So important along with washing your hands

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 04, 2020, 01:39:24 PM
You must be back working then trailer?

More or less. Still working remotely.

6th sam

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2020, 01:21:13 PM
Quote from: Taylor on June 04, 2020, 01:17:18 PM

Open the economy.
Open the Schools.
Get back to work.

Which is it?

f**k me. It's almost solely then. Talk about missing the point.

Not sure who is "missing the point".

The real risk of this disease is sheer weight of numbers. I agree that percentage of death under 70 is small, but the higher the overall numbers, then the higher the Number of deaths overall including in under 70s. I
Failure to recognise this simple mathematical equation is why UK's response to the virus has been catastrophic.

Also , statistics around chronological age have to be put in context . Most over 70s that I know live fulfilling happy productive lives, and their loss would be enormous to their families and society. Similarly for those with "underlying disease ". However it appears that the vast majority of deaths are amongst the most frail, many of whom have already "do not resuscitate" requests in place. For these vulnerable people  , their priority is keeping comfortable, as opposed to keeping alive. For some reason this very important fact seems to be ignored by politicians and the media .
Any "opening up" has to be cautious and include continued awareness around hygiene and distancing , but especially testing and tracing to ensure we don't see another escalation in numbers.
Numbers are now getting so low , that testing those small numbers with viral symptoms , and early detection of new infections, should allow society to return to near normal when the time is right. In terms of health , I fear the risk of the virus has now been surpassed by the health risk of lockdown( diseases of inactivity/isolation/poverty, and delayed diagnosis/treatment of other diseases such as cancer and heart disease) So the sooner we open up, as safely as possible, the better.

Smurfy123

Yes it would be better packed the schools as apposed to beaches
That's where kids get an education
Schools not beaches
What part did you not understand?

6th sam

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2020, 02:09:10 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 04, 2020, 02:06:14 PM
Yes it would be better packed the schools as apposed to beaches
That's where kids get an education
Schools not beaches
What part did you not understand?
The part about what they are going to achieve educationally in the next 15 days or so of school. The part where that benefit outweighs the danger of them returning to school.

And the part where the risk of spread indoors is much greater than outdoors

Smurfy123

Could have been back Monday last leaving 4 weeks
Now I wouldn't suggest going back if people stuck to the rules but beaches packed and people treating it like the summer holidays already are just wrong
Wrong in so many ways
More positive news in the north
1 death which is desperate let me add and 9 new cases a back log of 24 cases added today from April the 2/3/4
We are defeating this virus make no mistake about that