China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2020, 11:43:36 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 26, 2020, 11:38:12 AM
Ireland are 11th in the list of deaths per million, don't think there should be any back slapping.

In this morbid competition it's better to be doing better than the north of the island though

Comparing with the sick counties is like saying you have a better football team than Antrim, it may be true but exceeding such a modest target should not be a justification for self-congratulation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

Hardstation the South put that plan out 5 weeks ago. Robbie Swan let them know here on Friday. No plan just a press conference
Anyway you are right no need to compare anymore
Interesting statement from WHO that a second wave is looking increasing unlikely
Nothing to suggest anywhere that it will happen
On another note thon Michael Gove is a slippery git
Hope we can all agree on that one

Rossfan

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 26, 2020, 11:38:12 AM
Ireland are 11th in the list of deaths per million, don't think there should be any back slapping.
No one's back slapping just glad it's eased and hopefully will fade away...
List of "deaths per million" I saw had Sweden, who were being touted by some here, 2nd highest.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 26, 2020, 12:06:55 PM
Hardstation the South put that plan out 5 weeks ago. Robbie Swan let them know here on Friday. No plan just a press conference
Interesting statement from WHO that a second wave is looking increasing unlikely

That we can agree on - horrible man.

However at least since the pandemic he seems to be able to string coherent sentences together.........wonder what he isnt able to purchase now what he did before ::)

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 26, 2020, 12:06:55 PM

Smurfy, where did you read this?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Seems to be some insatiable desire in southern twitter world to talk about Sweden and other countries all the time. Tbh I think people are more interested in making Varadkar look bad than they are worried about real impact on peoples lives. I think this could be end of me on twitter, just full of tool bags

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 26, 2020, 12:51:06 PM
Seems to be some insatiable desire in southern twitter world to talk about Sweden and other countries all the time. Tbh I think people are more interested in making Varadkar look bad than they are worried about real impact on peoples lives. I think this could be end of me on twitter, just full of tool bags

What you perceive on twitter is largely a function of who you follow.
But you are correct, there are a lot of people who seem to think this is abstract point to argue and that thousands of people dying, or not dying, is not relevant.

The Swedish figures were not too much more than here, but they have now pulled ahead in the last week. When the lockdown is eased we will be much like Sweden but with many fewer deaths each week. Now Sweden may believe that in the long run we will catch up but better testing and better treatments may hold the fort until a vaccine arrives. 

armaghniac

Re Cummings it seems the term Barney Castle is used as local slang for pathethic excuse

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/26/barnard-castle-means-pathetic-excuse-durham-dialect-12757215

johnnycool

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 26, 2020, 10:12:30 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 26, 2020, 09:57:26 AMHe made an error of judgement as a parent. I wouldn't be for throwing the man to the wolves over that.

Nah, sorry, not having that.

If it were Dominic Pleb and the wife & child who made the same journey, he'd be happy enough seeing them prosecuted.

People the length of the country were facing those difficult decisions, indeed, some facing far more difficult decisions.

Being a parent had fĂșck all to do with his decisions, it was his wife's birthday the day he drove to the Castle and inbetween him being at deaths door according to an article his wife wrote about that time period.

Image being so sick that you're eyesight was a bit ropey you'd plop your 4yo kid and wife in the car and go for a drive to see if you were OK.

Only a moron buys that one.

Main Street

The simplest explanation, Cummings had to go into quarantine with his family and decided to get out of dodge and travel up north.

The palatable truth in a few words, the spinning of the lie took forever, fabrication from start to finish. As somebody quipped, about as convincing as Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent in Mary Poppins.  I think his throat dried up after 5 seconds and when he had to leave the script to answer questions, he made all these strange grumblings while trying to find the script in his head.

However, Tripadvisor have rumbled Cummings, all his reviews of his family's experience at Barnard Castle on the occasion of his wife's birthday, have been deemed false and removed.
Message from Tripadvisor: Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2020, 01:59:00 PM
The simplest explanation, Cummings had to go into quarantine with his family and decided to get out of dodge and travel up north.

The palatable truth in a few words, the spinning of the lie took forever, fabrication from start to finish. As somebody quipped, about as convincing as Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent in Mary Poppins.  I think his throat dried up after 5 seconds and when he had to leave the script to answer questions, he made all these strange grumblings while trying to find the script in his head.

However, Tripadvisor have rumbled Cummings, all his reviews of his family's experience at Barnard Castle on the occasion of his wife's birthday, have been deemed false and removed.
Message from Tripadvisor: Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing.

Except he travelled back down to London half way through and went back up for his wifes birthday.

He's a lying hoor, no shocker there and the British people will get over it, but what I find interesting is how reliant Boris and the cabinet are on him.
Boris is a lazy good for nothing, not into detail and relies on Cummins to do the spade work for him. Cummins is pulling the strings it seems and the verbal gymnastics the likes of Gove were getting into this morning beggars belief.

They've no backbone at all.

johnnycool

No CV-19 deaths reported in NI today.

That's a positive.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: johnnycool on May 26, 2020, 02:28:29 PM
No CV-19 deaths reported in NI today.

That's a positive.

It's brilliant news.

If this continues, low numbers for a few days....a week.....There might just be a summer yet.

Main Street

Quote from: johnnycool on May 26, 2020, 02:23:04 PM

Except he travelled back down to London half way through and went back up for his wifes birthday.

He's a lying hoor, no shocker there and the British people will get over it, but what I find interesting is how reliant Boris and the cabinet are on him.
Boris is a lazy good for nothing, not into detail and relies on Cummins to do the spade work for him. Cummins is pulling the strings it seems and the verbal gymnastics the likes of Gove were getting into this morning beggars belief.

Seeing as Johnson is about 10 times removed the lives of the 'ordinary' people,  Cummings is his porthole to the slogan politics that the ordinary decent bigot can connect to.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2020, 02:40:04 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 26, 2020, 02:23:04 PM

Seeing as Johnson is about 10 times removed the lives of the 'ordinary' people,  Cummings is his porthole to the slogan politics that the ordinary decent bigot can connect to.

Not much point complaining about Boris or Cummings.

They were voted in by a landslide, they have a free run at Government.

I wonder do the people who voted them in, now regret that. Would Corbyn have handled this unforeseen mess any better?