Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Furlough extended until October in the UK  :o

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Taylor on May 12, 2020, 01:55:27 PM
Furlough extended until October in the UK  :o

"Go to work.... don't go to work"

edit: Yeah, it was always going to need a big extension. It'll roll into 2021 too unless there is a big breakthrough.

Germany relaxed a bit and they are seeing a massive uptick in spread. Assuming that is not a statistical quirk they will have to tighten things down again within the next couple of weeks.
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 12, 2020, 01:25:51 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-five-stage-plan-for-exiting-lockdown-published-in-north-1.4251514?mode=amp

Reminds me of my coursework at Uni in a way, it's sorta there. But pretty much missing any detail that would get you a half decent mark but enough to tick a box and get that 40% needed and buy time.

screenexile

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 12, 2020, 12:56:08 PM
Wuhan to attempt to test its entire population of 11 million in 10 days.

Trump won't like that . . .

quit yo jibbajabba

You would need to ask Chyna about that. CHYNA.
why dont you ask them and see what they say

trailer

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:13:53 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.

David McWilliams podcast today deals with want I'm trying to say. We put so much weight on people who pass exams and elevate it beyond everything else. They don't know it all. Faced with something crazy like Coronavirus they're trying to put answers on it when they haven't a clue what they're doing.

Rossfan

Unlike them Scientists Trailer and Karen know it all.
They also know how to end this pandemic...... but they're keeping us in suspense for a while longer.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2020, 04:00:30 PM
What is the "everything else" that we are elevating scientists over?

There's more to intelligence than passing exams. So we elevate exam passers.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 12, 2020, 03:03:34 PM
You would need to ask Chyna about that. CHYNA.
why dont you ask them and see what they say

I gave Chyna a quick google there. Probably for best you do that on your own.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2020, 04:06:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 12, 2020, 04:03:57 PM

So, who should we be looking to, trusting and following the advice of in a global pandemic?

You're missing my point. We should be able to trust experts. But we put so much weight on people who can sit exams we've filled these positions with those sort of people. Are they the best minds available? Same can be said for economists, financiers and those who hold the levers of power to some extent.
These people we deem intelligent because they can pass the leaving very or A levels are now in charge of our collective fates. And last time I looked they were doing a pretty shit job.

gallsman

I know, everyone down the pub says Micky the bar fly is smart as hell. Let's make him the Chief of Surgery in the hospital.

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on May 12, 2020, 04:22:11 PM

I know, everyone down the pub says Micky the bar fly is smart as hell. Let's make him the Chief of Surgery in the hospital.

Look if you can't follow what I'm saying that says more about your intelligence than mine.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trailer on May 12, 2020, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2020, 04:06:23 PM

So, who should we be looking to, trusting and following the advice of in a global pandemic?

You're missing my point. We should be able to trust experts. But we put so much weight on people who can sit exams we've filled these positions with those sort of people. Are they the best minds available? Same can be said for economists, financiers and those who hold the levers of power to some extent.
These people we deem intelligent because they can pass the leaving very or A levels are now in charge of our collective fates. And last time I looked they were doing a pretty shit job.

Im confused what is you point? That our education system is overly reliant on exams or is it that "experts" dont know anything because they can pass exams? But Never mind the fact that most experts in science would have attained their status by completing a PhD but sure knock herself out.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2020, 04:19:38 PM
I know all that. I'm not listening to those pricks anymore. What do I do now?

follow the advice of gah board experts obviously ???

Square Ball

Quick question. Two man operation, boss and employee, lot of work out doors, also a lot of travel in a van. A partition is up in the van between the two, PPE will be provided, currently furlonged. So employee asked to return, I take it they would have to return if all appropriate precautions have been taken?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid