China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Radio whilst you hand some very valid points throwing out that school children pass on the virus I'd just wrong. This has not been scientifically proven. Many say kids do pass it on many say they don't.
Try and deal in facts and not with you want to believe

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 06, 2020, 09:17:53 AM
Radio whilst you hand some very valid points throwing out that school children pass on the virus I'd just wrong. This has not been scientifically proven. Many say kids do pass it on many say they don't.
Try and deal in facts and not with you want to believe

Have children died of the virus? And would you risk your own child to being exposed to it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: HiMucker on May 05, 2020, 09:12:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:21:24 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 05, 2020, 08:17:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:13:53 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.
So the experts know more than us, but you know more than the experts after 24 hours of reading? Got it.  ;D
You'd know more about a big loaf.

You think they know more.

Look follow them. Listen to them. Go for it. What've you got to lose except you're life. You think they're right. That they know what's going on. That they know what they're doing. That's fine.
But forgive me when I don't listen to them. That I think they've got it wrong. That I think they're a bunch of clowns who're making it up as they go along.
Right you tell us what the f**k we should do then? You've been asked this a few times now and can't answer! The games up, your a fraud a bluffer.

It's quite simple.

Ignore everything you here from the WHO apart from there's a new virus, but as the UK or USA you'd know that because your intelligence service would tell you.
Ignore China when they say it contained and that there's no human to human transmission. Again your intelligence service would tell you this anyway.
Stop all travel from China or passengers that originate from China.
Quarantine all travellers into the country for 14 days.
TEST AND THEN CONTACT TRACE! OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN until the Virus is isolated.

What has happened is we're past the point of no return. Overpaid asshole scientists full of their own self importance felt they knew better. Felt they could trust a rogue nation. And now look. We're in this wanky, draconian, half arsed lockdown that most people are now ignoring anyway. The economy is flying towards the bin and more people will die from suicide, depression, malnutrition,  and other curable medical ailments because the health service has been stood down.

South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong all took this approach. UK and other countries who thought they knew better or at least "followed the science" and look were that's got them.

Smurfy123

Trailer is right 100% correct in all he says
I have 3 children and I would 100% be happy with them going back to school in the morning yes I would.
Have children died from Covid and Covid alone show me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 06, 2020, 09:44:28 AM
Trailer is right 100% correct in all he says
I have 3 children and I would 100% be happy with them going back to school in the morning yes I would.
Have children died from Covid and Covid alone show me

I'm asking you, have children died of Covid?
And you've answered the other question, that you as parents are willing to expose your kids to Covid, I never mentioned school, you've changed the answer btw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:04:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2020, 07:38:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:37:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 05, 2020, 07:20:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:14:54 PM
Anyone defending the science or those delivering it are part of the problem. They've got it wrong. They're making it up as they go along. They don't know what they're doing. The game is up. People see these frauds for what they are, bluffers and chancers.

So who and what are you relying on trailer?

Certainly not information from an amateur organisation that took China's word for it or indeed the U.K. governments who are in charge of the 2nd worst death toll in the world!
Time everyone woke up.
He didn't ask what you're not relying on. It's best if you answered the question.

The science is extremely flawed. I trust none of it. The so called experts have been proven wrong. These are the facts and they're are undisputed.

SAGE have very much got it's faults and the biggest one as we'll find out in the coming months is that it gave scientific cover to an inept government ill prepared and ambivalent it seems for what was coming down the tracks.

We're getting snippets as to why the lockdown wasn't called earlier and that seems to have been driven by economists trying to keep the economy intact for as long as possible. (See Boris's speech to business' in Greenwich in February and very much in step with his take it on the chin mantra)
When the shit started hitting the fan they released they didn't have enough test capacity as the Koreans and Germans had and decided to focus on hospital admissions and left the Care sector to the wolves (Whitty is alluding to this already) on the 12th of March.

IMO they (the Government) looked at what was happening in Italy with ICU's full of OAP's for weeks on end and driving up the death rates and made a conscious decision to keep those in Care homes there as much as possible "so that the NHS wouldn't be overrun".

I really do think they're such heartless bástards.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on May 06, 2020, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 05, 2020, 05:07:04 PM
Quote from: five points on May 05, 2020, 05:05:53 PM
All the evidence from the outset though was that the virus doesn't affect children. It's since been shown that they don't even carry it.

WTF.

They do get it, they do carry it. Kids have died from it.

A higher proportion of them will have mild symptoms compared to adults, but that does not stop them carrying and spreading it.

The Swiss medical authorities disagree.
The science is all over the place on this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-swiss-children-under-10-allowed-to-hug-grandparents-as-they-do-not-transmit-covid-19-11980568

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-doctors-devastated-as-covid-19-claims-life-of-12-year-old-girl-in-belgium

That is pretty definitive.

i usse an speelchekor

Maroon Manc

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 06, 2020, 09:55:42 AM
All the evidence from the outset though was that the virus doesn't affect children. It's since been shown that they don't even carry it.

WTF.

A higher proportion of them will have mild symptoms compared to adults, but that does not stop them carrying and spreading it.

The science is all over the place on this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-swiss-children-under-10-allowed-to-hug-grandparents-as-they-do-not-transmit-covid-19-11980568

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/31/coronavirus-doctors-devastated-as-covid-19-claims-life-of-12-year-old-girl-in-belgium

Its one child dying too many in the UK but statistically its clearly not affecting the youth, that's anything but definitive.

Smurfy123

Believe all you read.
Let's deal with real facts
Real facts are Witty and co let the elderly in carehomes die
They seen what was happening in Italy sweet Christ

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 06, 2020, 10:01:45 AM

WTF.

Its one child dying too many in the UK but statistically its clearly not affecting the youth, that's anything but definitive.

So can a child get it? And if she can get it can she pass it on to, let's say, a teacher? Who'll pass it on and so on?

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on May 06, 2020, 09:53:58 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:04:52 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2020, 07:38:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:37:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 05, 2020, 07:20:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 07:14:54 PM
Anyone defending the science or those delivering it are part of the problem. They've got it wrong. They're making it up as they go along. They don't know what they're doing. The game is up. People see these frauds for what they are, bluffers and chancers.

So who and what are you relying on trailer?

Certainly not information from an amateur organisation that took China's word for it or indeed the U.K. governments who are in charge of the 2nd worst death toll in the world!
Time everyone woke up.
He didn't ask what you're not relying on. It's best if you answered the question.

The science is extremely flawed. I trust none of it. The so called experts have been proven wrong. These are the facts and they're are undisputed.

SAGE have very much got it's faults and the biggest one as we'll find out in the coming months is that it gave scientific cover to an inept government ill prepared and ambivalent it seems for what was coming down the tracks.

We're getting snippets as to why the lockdown wasn't called earlier and that seems to have been driven by economists trying to keep the economy intact for as long as possible. (See Boris's speech to business' in Greenwich in February and very much in step with his take it on the chin mantra)
When the shit started hitting the fan they released they didn't have enough test capacity as the Koreans and Germans had and decided to focus on hospital admissions and left the Care sector to the wolves (Whitty is alluding to this already) on the 12th of March.

IMO they (the Government) looked at what was happening in Italy with ICU's full of OAP's for weeks on end and driving up the death rates and made a conscious decision to keep those in Care homes there as much as possible "so that the NHS wouldn't be overrun".

I really do think they're such heartless bástards.

I fully agree on this. They don't give a crap about peoples lives. The most of this shambles and the damage was driven by the economy and government not scientists and now they are trying to save some face.

Sure they won't be able to contact trace properly because they are producing an app and a load of people won't use it because they don't trust them. Why do people not trust them? They don't trust them because they gave the contract to their mates again.

The dyson thing summed it up. Save lives and quick or give a quick buck to your mates. What do you choose? Your mates.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Main Street on May 05, 2020, 11:59:35 PM
What particular research is all that based upon?
The only legitimate research I have come across maintains that transmission of corona virus  in primary schools/pre schools  to be very low or absent.
And in two countries South Korea and Iceland, which kept pre-school and primary schools open in this time of covid-19, nothing has happened to deviate from that research opinion. And this is in two countries which have test, trace and quarantine down to an art form. If something happened, it would have been discovered.

Its a pragmatic call based on schools being a transmission centre for other viruses passing through the population.

Yes, there are some studies indicating that it has little effect on death rates, but even those note it can have a substantial effect on ICU admissions:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/mrc-gida/2020-03-16-COVID19-Report-9.pdf

page 9 - "PC" column.

Note also the pertinent assumptions in the model:

QuotePC
Closure of schools and universities

Closure of all schools, 25% of universities remain open.
Household contact rates for student families increase by 50% during closure.
Contacts in the community increase by 25% during closure.

Any model is only as good as its assumptions - are contacts in the community up 25%?

Really, ICL should have presented sensitivities to their assumptions. Not great quality work.

There are studies on SARS that indicate they may only have a small effect.

But - I'd want to be very sure of that before reopening. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. For instance, you have this:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/6/20-0239_article

QuoteWe found a sharply increasing proportion of infected children (from 2% before January 24 to 13% for January 25–February 5; p<0.001), implying that increased exposure for children and intrafamily transmission might contribute substantially to the epidemic.
i usse an speelchekor

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2020, 10:03:35 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 06, 2020, 10:01:45 AM

WTF.

So can a child get it? And if she can get it can she pass it on to, let's say, a teacher? Who'll pass it on and so on?

Its a tricky given there's a clear lack of evidence/research when it comes to kids. Plenty of schools are open in Manchester, I know a few weeks ago that 9 children were turning up daily to School where my kids go and the teachers were doing a rota to look after them. Each teacher has to do one day, those teachers at risk are allowed to stay away. Only a couple of the teachers have stayed away, I know one who's husband had a heart condition. A mate who's just separated from his wife is back living with his parents who are both 70+ but he's still going in. Another School where a mate teaches is very different though, nearly 75% of the staff are avoiding coming in with the majority of those taking advantage of the situation.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 06, 2020, 08:01:55 AM
Talking to a few people who work in the "front line" one of the biggest scandals to them is dyson making the extra ventilators. The reckoning is that the ones that work are about as advanced as ventilators from the 70s. Dyson were given this contract having never made ventilators before from what I can tell.  Questions need to be asked on this front too. Highly suspicious.

You mean the Brexit supporting Dyson?
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 06, 2020, 10:18:56 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 06, 2020, 08:01:55 AM
Talking to a few people who work in the "front line" one of the biggest scandals to them is dyson making the extra ventilators. The reckoning is that the ones that work are about as advanced as ventilators from the 70s. Dyson were given this contract having never made ventilators before from what I can tell.  Questions need to be asked on this front too. Highly suspicious.

You mean the Brexit supporting Dyson?

That would be the one.