China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Mary Lou McDonald on RTE (Today with S.O'R),  was asked would she agree to nordie day trippers being turned back if stopped  by Gardai, should they not be able to provide evidence of just purpose?  Mary Lou replied an emphatic yes, they should be turned back. S.O'R. asked her "was this not being partitionist?" ;D
Apparently having an opinion that there should be a coordinated  cross border response to imposed social movement restrictions, whether legal or voluntary, is perceived in some quarters as partitionist. Not necessarily S.O'R as he was just asking the question.

trailer

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 30, 2020, 01:23:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2020, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 30, 2020, 12:44:49 PM
I'd like to see the meeting minutes from all the SAGE meetings.

If the govt were "following scientific advice", surely they'd have nothing to fear from publishing those minutes.

Following the science came from the same place as Get Brexit done and take back control.
Brexit also took out the broad church of Conservative MP thinking. The likes of Raab, Patel and Johnson are Brexit-diehards and run the show along with Cummings. Meanwhile, experienced MP's like Jeremy Hunt & Sajid David sit on the backbenches, other slike Gauke and Hammond no longer MP's.

Raab is such a condescending p***k with no ability to show empathy. Patel cut from similar cloth.

Rossfan

I hear IBEC and the CBI have written to Leo and ArleneMichelle calling for a co ordinated approach to tackling the Virus and associated matters.
With a Caretaker Government here and the Executive not acting as a single body it will be hard to agree anything.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on April 30, 2020, 10:07:39 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
Germans seem to be putting the breaks on opening up again as the number of new cases has risen in the last 4 days, meanwhile in the states Trump wants to hold election rallies with 25000 people at them

Yes, I saw that. Infections going up.

Might need the vaccine before things open up!!
I think so too. No return back to normality without a vaccine.

imtommygunn

Normal has to be redefined really. I don't know we ever go back to normal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2020, 01:24:38 PM
Mary Lou McDonald on RTE (Today with S.O'R),  was asked would she agree to nordie day trippers being turned back if stopped  by Gardai, should they not be able to provide evidence of just purpose?  Mary Lou replied an emphatic yes, they should be turned back. S.O'R. asked her "was this not being partitionist?" ;D
Apparently having an opinion that there should be a coordinated  cross border response to imposed social movement restrictions, whether legal or voluntary, is perceived in some quarters as partitionist. Not necessarily S.O'R as he was just asking the question.

On the drink early today freestater?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2020, 02:03:26 PM
Germans seem to be putting the breaks on opening up again as the number of new cases has risen in the last 4 days, meanwhile in the states Trump wants to hold election rallies with 25000 people at them

Between viral vector, protein based, nucleic acid and weakened/inactivated virus there are 90 different vaccines being worked on. Gotta hope some come through.

RedHand88

Meanwhile, in Britain, man celebrates birthday.

Square Ball

:D
Quote from: LeoMc on April 30, 2020, 02:39:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2020, 02:03:26 PM

Between viral vector, protein based, nucleic acid and weakened/inactivated virus there are 90 different vaccines being worked on. Gotta hope some come through.

The Oxford one seems to be the horse a lot are betting on and a new partnership has been struck with one of the big manufacturers.
BBC News - Coronavirus: AstraZeneca teams up with Oxford University on vaccine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52483359
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Was listening to Frank Mitchell earlier on and he was saying that hairdressers are doing homers, are they nuts? Let's face it, where are they going with their new hair do? Seriously what the fook is wrong with people?

johnnycool

;D
Quote from: Square Ball on April 30, 2020, 03:26:13 PM
Was listening to Frank Mitchell earlier on and he was saying that hairdressers are doing homers, are they nuts? Let's face it, where are they going with their new hair do? Seriously what the fook is wrong with people?

Not the ones I know.

RedHand88

Quote from: johnnycool on April 30, 2020, 03:30:41 PM
;D

Not the ones I know.

I've heard of one doing it. Actually going out house to house to do them. Crazy stuff.

Square Ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 30, 2020, 03:53:42 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 30, 2020, 03:30:41 PM
;D

Not the ones I know.

I've heard of one doing it. Actually going out house to house to do them. Crazy stuff.
Or the ones I know, but fella in work showed me a text from his barber saying he was doing house calls. It so selfish, not to mention dangerous. Also noticed a lot more cars on the Ormeau Road last night than there has been in a while, no idea why

GetOverTheBar

I've heard reports of certain establishments opening up on the quiet to trusted....regulars shall we say.

I don't agree with it, but you'd need to have your head in the sand if you think one's out there aren't trying to profit away.

larryin89

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
Normal has to be redefined really. I don't know we ever go back to normal.

Could you elaborate on that , what normal things do you think will never return ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .