China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: gallsman on April 28, 2020, 03:06:52 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 03:01:23 PM
People look at politicians or scientists or advisors like they know more than you. Or successful people. They know the secret. They know more than me. Spoiler alert, they don't. Many are promoted far beyond their abilities and spend their days trying not be found out.
The thing is, when it comes to science, scientists know more then you. When it comes to medicine and healthcare, doctors know more than you. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

;D

ONeill

People look at politicians or scientists or advisors like they know more than you. Or successful people. They know the secret. They know more than me. Spoiler alert, they don't. Many are promoted far beyond their abilities and spend their days trying not be found out.

Same as teachers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
The trust people here are putting the British Government is unbelievable. Chris Whitty the UKs CMO has prseided over one of the worst death totals anywhere in the world! But we should follow like a lemming! Catch a grip.

Yeah, fine - we all know they've fucked up.

But suggesting that people ignore all advice from any source but your own common sense and plough ahead regardless is daft.

If you've got suggestions for how things should proceed - then present them with some logic and/or citations to back your argument up. Otherwise your as useful as a globetrotter without a trailer on the back of it.
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on April 28, 2020, 03:06:52 PM
The thing is, when it comes to science, scientists know more then you. When it comes to medicine and healthcare, doctors know more than you. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

Well if the government advisers or CMOs or indeed government ministers do, then why are they making such a f**king balls of it?

johnnycool

Quote from: hardstation on April 28, 2020, 03:09:17 PM
;D

Trump?

Now don't get me wrong, our local CMO Michael McBride is probably a very intelligent man and all that but some of the things he comes off with just beggar belief.

I can see where trailer is coming from but I wouldn't go that far  ;D

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 28, 2020, 04:08:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
The trust people here are putting the British Government is unbelievable. Chris Whitty the UKs CMO has prseided over one of the worst death totals anywhere in the world! But we should follow like a lemming! Catch a grip.

Yeah, fine - we all know they've fucked up.

But suggesting that people ignore all advice from any source but your own common sense and plough ahead regardless is daft.

If you've got suggestions for how things should proceed - then present them with some logic and/or citations to back your argument up. Otherwise your as useful as a globetrotter without a trailer on the back of it.

I'm genuinely not advocating anyone ignores the advice (although plenty are). What I am saying is they got response wrong and as a result we have to endure this draconian lockdown that is only being half arsed implemented anyway. It's utterly pointless without proper testing and contact tracing. As a consequence it's probably very limited in its effectiveness. So we're in this state of semi social distancing, with no plan on how to get out it. This is the fault of the UK Gov, the NI Gov, their scientific advisers and other advisers.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on April 28, 2020, 04:30:40 PM
;D

Trump?

Now don't get me wrong, our local CMO Michael McBride is probably a very intelligent man and all that but some of the things he comes off with just beggar belief.

One of the most dangerous viruses exists in the Civil Service. Incompetence is rewarded with promotions. You're promoted every year based on length of service rather than on any ability. Impossible to get sacked. Many people who are simply unemployable in the real world seem to have long careers in the CS. It's a big f**king joke and the taxpayer is the punchline.

Boycey

There's no manual for this Trailer, countries are doing this on the fly. Some seem to have had better results than others maybe more by luck than anything else. One thing that's for sure is that even those countries that got it wrong are desperately trying to get it right and eventually will because they must or this ain't going away. 

Listen to the experts you never know you might learn something.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 04:37:13 PM
;D

Trump?

One of the most dangerous viruses exists in the Civil Service. Incompetence is rewarded with promotions. You're promoted every year based on length of service rather than on any ability. Impossible to get sacked. Many people who are simply unemployable in the real world seem to have long careers in the CS. It's a big f**king joke and the taxpayer is the punchline.

IMO and I've no evidence to back this up but there does seem to be a heavy undercurrent of good living types in high office.

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on April 28, 2020, 04:37:46 PM
There's no manual for this Trailer, countries are doing this on the fly. Some seem to have had better results than others maybe more by luck than anything else. One thing that's for sure is that even those countries that got it wrong are desperately trying to get it right and eventually will because they must or this ain't going away. 

You see there is a manual. Countries have run simulations for years on how to be prepared for a pandemic. The fact that they aren't prepared is unforgivable. I bet you any money the UK government are prepared for a massive cyber attack on the financial institutions in London, or a huge terrorist attack, or indeed a declaration of war from a hostile nation. There is a f**king manual. These complete bundle of chancers have decided not to fund it or implement it!

marty34

;D

Trump?

But is he not being 'guided' by uk rules and regulations?

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on April 28, 2020, 04:42:05 PM
;D

Trump?

But is he not being 'guided' by uk rules and regulations?

He may well be but unlike Swann who's nice but dim, is meant to be an equal of these lads in London so should be having an input rather than blindly following.

GJL

Is that you in your picture?

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 28, 2020, 04:37:46 PM

You see there is a manual. Countries have run simulations for years on how to be prepared for a pandemic. The fact that they aren't prepared is unforgivable. I bet you any money the UK government are prepared for a massive cyber attack on the financial institutions in London, or a huge terrorist attack, or indeed a declaration of war from a hostile nation. There is a f**king manual. These complete bundle of chancers have decided not to fund it or implement it!

That is probably the best thing you have ever typed trailer........the rest of your posts are still mostly shite but this is bang on the money with regards the UK government

gallsman

Is anybody other then themselves claiming that the UK government hasn't made an absolute bags of the whole thing? I don't think so.