China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 17, 2020, 07:54:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2020, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 17, 2020, 07:33:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2020, 07:24:40 PM
Will it not kill at least a million? The expert on earlier did a spread sheet excel thingy showing a million deaths relating to the virus in Britain alone!

Do pay attention - I said that may happen if measures are not taken to limit spread - or do I need to break out the crayons and draw simple little diagrams for you?

What you really need to do is stop talking shite, what will happen, will happen,  the doomsday scenario may happen and the numbers you predict might not.

No, what will happen will greatly depend on how much diligence people pay to isolation and separation. If you'd bother to pay attention you might realise that.

but for me anyways this fall way short of yearly starvation rates possibly global flu rates currently. Granted we won't know for a year.

:o What special kind of thick are you?

When people quote mortality rates, that is per head of population. When this spreads across the world, and it will, its far too large to contain now - those higher mortality rates will be translated into higher global death rates.

As for how this virus was started, serious questions need to be asked and assurances that measures need fixed

Like some poor wee f**ker in China struggling to put food on the table for their family will care about your questions and what you think.

A different flavour of coronavirus will come back, we've had 3 within 20 years. It'll only be a matter of time to the next one - question is can be be squashed while still local to the index patient.

Good, you cleared that all up.

Your mathematical solutions have solved everything
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

An Taoiseach to address the nation at 9pm on rte1, virgin media 1 and Radio 1. Feels like we are in a movie at the moment.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2020, 08:07:14 PM
Will it not kill at least a million? The expert on earlier did a spread sheet excel thingy showing a million deaths relating to the virus in Britain alone!

Do pay attention - I said that may happen if measures are not taken to limit spread - or do I need to break out the crayons and draw simple little diagrams for you?

What you really need to do is stop talking shite, what will happen, will happen,  the doomsday scenario may happen and the numbers you predict might not.

No, what will happen will greatly depend on how much diligence people pay to isolation and separation. If you'd bother to pay attention you might realise that.

but for me anyways this fall way short of yearly starvation rates possibly global flu rates currently. Granted we won't know for a year.

When people quote mortality rates, that is per head of population. When this spreads across the world, and it will, its far too large to contain now - those higher mortality rates will be translated into higher global death rates.

As for how this virus was started, serious questions need to be asked and assurances that measures need fixed

Like some poor wee f**ker in China struggling to put food on the table for their family will care about your questions and what you think.

A different flavour of coronavirus will come back, we've had 3 within 20 years. It'll only be a matter of time to the next one - question is can be be squashed while still local to the index patient.

Good, you cleared that all up.

Your mathematical solutions have solved everything

Cut it out, the pair of you. Youse are like a married couple.

larryin89

https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html?fbclid=IwAR21dhXr12FgDoyerhNZV9V9u_qoY8T3aAtli-fWa3SdKLWsbU44A2PTemY 

Scary debt we have there although I'm not sure I understand it now after this lesson I got in here . Seems heavy though

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

I am on another forum with mostly British people. Lots of chat like this, except there are more people of an overreaction frame of mind. One regular just posted that his pregnant 40year old wife had just died from Covid19. Now I never met the man and a sample of one does not alter the statistics, but it does bring it home.

Smoking may kill more people, although this virus will take a toll of smokers too, but generally smokers kill themselves the rest of us actually discourage them. We do not carry "smoking" to them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Doll in work today said she saw a Facebook video where somebody (an American nut no doubt) said the Chinese genetically engineered the virus and released it destroy then take over the global economy. James Bond stuff.

Eamonnca1

I have a brother who is a heavy smoker and a taxi driver in Lurgan. God knows how many people he comes into contact with every day. This is really scaring the crap out of me.

Milltown Row2

Waiting on Leo thanking the Gaaboarders!

Nope, he just ran them down!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Absolutely no substance to that address to the nation

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on March 17, 2020, 09:16:19 PM

To be fair what he is dealing with (the virus) has no substance. There is a lot of the unknown ahead.

An Watcher

No fan of Leo but thought that was a very good speech in the circumstances

Ambrose

Quote from: larryin89 on March 17, 2020, 09:16:19 PM

Under the circumstances I thought he did pretty well.

Who would you rather have in charge, Leo or Boris?
You can't live off history and tradition forever

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2020, 09:32:04 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on March 17, 2020, 09:30:30 PM
Yer hole. Didn't once try to explain 1000% of something.

1000% is 10 times too much.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

It was just repetitive rhetoric . What I want to hear is how the f**k are we going to achieve social distancing in the work place , why the reluctance to lockdown sectors that can't achieve social distancing?  Public transport ! Why not reduce capacity etc etc . You're only advising people to not have parties , other countries like France have fines if you're caught going out without reason . My 19 yr old daughter just showed me a house in swords with 70 plus teenagers in it at a party .

I don't believe it's getting through to a fair chunk of people and that's why you need heavy handed approach

OgraAnDun

Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2020, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2020, 09:32:04 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on March 17, 2020, 09:30:30 PM
Yer hole. Didn't once try to explain 1000% of something.

1000% is 10 times too much.

Is it not 100?