China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Mikel Arteta has it now, and Full round of fixtures going ahead this week. What are they playing at

Gabriel_Hurl

They'll be called off now

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 12, 2020, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 12, 2020, 10:11:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2020, 09:16:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2020, 07:40:00 PM
So if you have a VPN and set location to Italy... ?
Asking for a friend like....

;D

What the hell is it with people and toilet roll >:(

Worth remembering that if your local shop is out of bog roll, copies of The Sun can be purchased for 55p/€1.10.

I'd wipe my arse with a €5 note before i'd contribute 55p/€1.10 to that Rag!

You'd be better to buy another newspaper, at least you could read it first.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Anyone who still downplays our current situation should take 15 minutes and read this excellent report stacked full of facts and data. We are basically in a battle to have a death rate of .5%of infected as opposed to a death rate of 5%. Those are massive numbers if say 1.5m people get the  virus.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 12, 2020, 11:40:04 PM
Anyone who still downplays our current situation should take 15 minutes and read this excellent report stacked full of facts and data. We are basically in a battle to have a death rate of .5%of infected as opposed to a death rate of 5%. Those are massive numbers if say 1.5m people get the  virus.

Worldwide?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Sorry, did you mean to link a report?
Hasta la victoria siempre

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2020, 09:16:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2020, 07:40:00 PM
So if you have a VPN and set location to Italy... ?🤔
Asking for a friend like....

;D

What the hell is it with people and toilet roll >:(
This song could be reworded and rereleased
https://youtu.be/EIIWKA_h12Q

seafoid

Italy has

15113 cases in total
1153 people in Intensive care with the virus
1016 dead

Yesterday almost 200 people with the virus died in Italy.

The goal in Ireland is to keep the number of cases down. Once large numbers of people need intensive care the mortality rate
is appalling.

ONeill

Why's no one talking about the Eurovision?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2020, 05:16:34 AM
Italy has

15113 cases in total
1016 dead

The goal in Ireland is to keep the number of cases down. Once large numbers of people need intensive care the mortality rate
is appalling.

Surely looking at Italy as a comparison is wrong? Different set of dynamics, culture, numbers, and more importantly they had the worst possible start. Each country will react differently. Hopefully we don't hit Italys rates of cases and deaths
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I think every country will be very different. I am not sure if anyone has said it but Flybe going under is probably a bit of a blessing. 25% less flights. (To the 6 anyway)

Maiden1

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 13, 2020, 07:49:41 AM
I think every country will be very different. I am not sure if anyone has said it but Flybe going under is probably a bit of a blessing. 25% less flights. (To the 6 anyway)
It's not a blessing for all the people who have kids/rent/ mortgages to pay and get 3 weeks redundancy pay.

Not great for the 95 baggage handlers who have lost there jobs either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/redundancy-plans-for-95-baggage-handlers-at-belfast-city-airport-devastating-39037728.html
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Itchy

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 13, 2020, 12:22:02 AM

Sorry, did you mean to link a report?

I did!

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2020, 07:35:01 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2020, 05:16:34 AM
Italy has

15113 cases in total
1016 dead

is appalling.

Surely looking at Italy as a comparison is wrong? Different set of dynamics, culture, numbers, and more importantly they had the worst possible start. Each country will react differently. Hopefully we don't hit Italys rates of cases and deaths

No it is right to look at it. It is an example of what will happen if we don't do a lock down early in the process - a lot of you were arguing against doing this but at last the sensible calls are being made and this is coming from all the experts looking at countries like China and Italy. Once the health service is overwhelmed people who would have otherwise been saved will instead die due to lack of treatment (respirators).