National Ploughing Championships 2023, Ratheniska, Co. Laois.

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 22, 2009, 07:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

I attended my first ploughing championships yesterday for 20 plus years, as I remembered lots of machinery,music,mud and little or no watching of the ploughing.

Official attendance figure for the three days was 200,550 down on last year but still big money made for the organisers.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 21, 2023, 06:22:05 PMI attended my first ploughing championships yesterday for 20 plus years, as I remembered lots of machinery,music,mud and little or no watching of the ploughing.

Official attendance figure for the three days was 200,550 down on last year but still big money made for the organisers.

More so because of the weather I'd say... great lead generator for small business and great for young farmers to wear tan shoes with jeans and get pissed talking about John Deere's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Not Tufll or from Laois

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: jcpen on September 21, 2023, 07:28:58 PMAthy? I thought it was in Laois this year.

Thread stated a few years ago...changed thread title to reflect 2023 location in Ratheniska, Co. Laois.

Rossfan

How many of those who attended know who won the Championship?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on September 22, 2023, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2023, 11:22:45 PMHow many of those who attended know who won the Championship?

Tim Lawlor
Quote from: johnnycool on September 22, 2023, 11:19:03 AMPloughed a bit myself in younger days, but have long since retired and now keep the plough in the shed.