Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

I read the books around 2001 - it was cool seeing the actors, scenery and battles compared to what I pictured. The books are obviously better but this series was excellent from begining to end.  Will the last episode meet with everyones expectations? No. It seems writing an ending is more difficult then the meat and bones of a series. That said, I really enjoyed the last episode.

I can see two to four spinoffs from the series which I believe have been talked about already. This is a cash cow for HBO and the actors, why stop now.

The deaths, punishements and decisions this last episode all seemed just and tied in some earlier story lines.

I liked it!
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

gawa316

bennydorano

An ordinary ending for an extraordinary series, but I enjoyed it all.

Hope there's spin offs, someone was convincingly telling me last week there's a prequel about the Mad King era in production already? Haven't investigated tbh. Ayra going East could be very interesting and is a blank canvas.

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2019, 04:19:22 PM

Hope there's spin offs, someone was convincingly telling me last week there's a prequel about the Mad King era in production already? Haven't investigated tbh. Ayra going East could be very interesting and is a blank canvas.

Yes!!! I get it now . . . didn't make sense to me at half 3 this morning!!

Chicago Hurling

Pretty sure two of them are Roberts rebellion, and the long night. Could see Arya going west be the third if she wants her own show but thought she was getting involved with marvel's X-men stuff like Sophie
Chicago -> Milwaukee -> Galway

Mayo for Sam

trailer

Yeah well that's that. Hard to know how to finish it. Definitely disappointed with Tyrion not proposing Jon to be King. Overall one of the best TV series' ever.

Frank_The_Tank

This woman has done her own version of season 8 - https://www.aliceshipwise.com/gameofthrones/archive

Havent read it but have read users on reddit saying it is better than what HBO produced.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

TabClear

All done and dusted then. 5 survivors from episode 1 to the last Episode, the Starks and Tyrion.

All in all  I thought it was a reasonable wrap up. There were parts of it that were a bit "meh" (Jamie's golden hand in the rubble.. ::) ::)) but it did bring most storylines together. John killing Dany had been widely predicted (prophesised?) but I thought there might have been one major twist somewhere which just didnt happen. As an overall comment I thought the fewer but longer episodes format  did not work in the last two series. An awful lot seemed to happen off screen the last two seasons and some really good character stories  suffered as a result. Bronn and Varys spring to mind immediately.

Arya looks like she will get her spinoff at some point and the prequels should be good watching.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: TabClear on May 21, 2019, 10:43:19 AM
All done and dusted then. 5 survivors from episode 1 to the last Episode, the Starks and Tyrion.

All in all  I thought it was a reasonable wrap up. There were parts of it that were a bit "meh" (Jamie's golden hand in the rubble.. ::) ::)) but it did bring most storylines together. John killing Dany had been widely predicted (prophesised?) but I thought there might have been one major twist somewhere which just didnt happen. As an overall comment I thought the fewer but longer episodes format  did not work in the last two series. An awful lot seemed to happen off screen the last two seasons and some really good character stories  suffered as a result. Bronn and Varys spring to mind immediately.

Arya looks like she will get her spinoff at some point and the prequels should be good watching.
Thought it was fine. John and Dany ruling together would have been typical holywood crap, this ending is a bit more realistic. Still think a number of things and characters were skipped over as mentioned including Bran and all his powers. Was fully expecting at the end dead bodies in the snow as evidence the walkers are still about but no

thebigfella

They should have killed grey worm in the end. He just become annoying.

trailer

Quote from: thebigfella on May 21, 2019, 01:19:41 PM
They should have killed grey worm in the end. He just become annoying.

+1

dec

Have any of you read the books?

I read the first book and the tv series followed it pretty closely. I have seen comments that later on the books and series diverge for some characters.

One avid book fan I know was not too impressed with the changes.

lurganblue

Yeah I've read the books.  There are a right few changes. Big characters still alive in the books who had been killed off at that point in the TV series.  I always passed that type of thing off as, "sure GRRM was probably just planning to kill them off at a later date".

I thought the ending was grand. Greyworm did become very annoying and it would have been nice to see him and John have a wee fight at the end.

oakleaflad

Saw an interview one time with GRRM and he said that Littlefinger was the character who was most different from the books.

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on May 20, 2019, 04:24:24 PM

Yes!!! I get it now . . . didn't make sense to me at half 3 this morning!!

Except she's going west.

That was an absolute travesty of an episode to round off a travesty of a season. None of it made sense. Absolute pish.