Seperate Hurling Forum

Started by bottlethrower7, June 18, 2007, 01:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

Moderator, any chance of splitting the GAA forum into 2, one for football and another for hurling.

The hurling one is bound not to be all that busy, but at least the hurling threads are certain to be more active than those currently on here, that seem to fade away to page 2 or 3 within a matter of hours.

I know such a split will bring me back to form, and at least one other contributor has voiced a similar opinion.

What say you? Worth a shot?

GaillimhIarthair

I second BT's motion...................

AZOffaly

Gnevin

I agree , i'd also like to see other sports alongside the non gaa discussion
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

Ah no. Non-GAA is a grand catch all for soccer, rugby, American Sports etc etc. After all, this is a GAA board, so the Non-GAA should be everything else.

I do agree with the Hurling and Football boards though. None of the good hurling contributors is going to bother penning a big preview or something because they know in 20 minutes it'll be on page 2, and no one will read it.

Kerry Mike

We used to have some great threads and people on here following the small ball, but since football was reinvented in or around 2002 there is a noticable absense in the hurling chat.

The biggest culprits are all the county football and hurling threads that keep pushing down the national threads, I never view them if they are no interest to me but its annoying when they takes over the whole show.

Put the county threads in one section and let anything pertaining to Intercounty activity stay in the main GAA page.

KM ducks under the desk for the barrage of expected replies from the followers of county threads.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

fearglasmor

Re: Seperate Hurling Forum              YES.

corn02

Uladh

I support km's idea of seperate "intercounty" and "local" GAA forums

corn02

Do you mean like have one section for important threads like Armagh club Football and Hurling and a seperate one for the stupid Armagh v Tyrone match day threads which turns into stupid childish remarks.

If so I support your suggestion.

Uladh

magpie seanie

I think a seperate hurling section is a good idea. Would leave everything else as is.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Would make sense to have GAA sub-categories such as football, hurling, which could then be further sub-categorised into local and national.  One category is sufficient for the non-GAA stuff, as AZ says.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

didlyi

Most definately. The other hurling sites have benn very busy lately so its a good time to exploit the interest.

Hardy

I agree 100%. Get that ould hurling stuff outa here and clear the way for football talk.

Only joking - anything to encourage the hurling men back to provide us with their usual good standard of stuff.