Kilkenny Suspensions

Started by AZOffaly, May 05, 2011, 10:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Kilkenny has been rocked with the news that defender John Dalton and Eoin Larkin will receive bans following incidents during the county's league final defeat at the hands of Dublin.

Dalton has been banned for eight week for kicking an opponent and Brian Coady's injury ravaged side will have to plan for the Leinster Senior Hurling semi-final on 11 June against either Antrim, Laois or Wexford without the 25 year old defender.

Meanwhile 26 year old, former Hurler of the Year, Larkin, has been suspended for four weeks. Larkin was sent off 25 minutes into the final by referee Michael Wadding after he struck Dublin's Conor McCormack after the pair tangled.

Proper order. I didn't see Dalton's kick, but I saw the belt he hit McCormack, who must have really been getting under their skin. Unlike the Cats to lose the cool like that, but i'm glad they were pulled up on it. I doubt Cody will let that happen again though.

Kerry Mike

QuoteI doubt Cody will let that happen again though.

It will happen but behind closed doors in Nowlan Park, I'd say there will be skin and hair flying in training there for the next few weeks given the tanking they got from the Dubs.

Was at the game last weekend and it looked like the Cats were really rattled in that first half and just lost the cool on a number of occasions.

I hear Jack O'Connor has shut the gates and thrown away the whistle in Killarney too, the summer is cranking up nicely...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 10:49:57 AM
I didn't see Dalton's kick.

Just as bad as the jab into the ribs. Then came back for a third go with the two hands on the hurl shove and ended up missing and falling on top of him as he was on the ground at this stage. Eight weeks is about right, wouldn't fancy going through the training in Nowlan Park in the next few weeks.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bottlethrower7

Kilkenny players have gone back to the clubs for the next 2 weeks for the first couple of rounds of championship. The KK panel won't train again together until after that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 05, 2011, 12:39:57 PM
Kilkenny players have gone back to the clubs for the next 2 weeks for the first couple of rounds of championship. The KK panel won't train again together until after that.

I love the way they do that by the way. It must keep everything fresh in the KK panel.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 05, 2011, 11:10:17 AM

It will happen but behind closed doors in Nowlan Park, I'd say there will be skin and hair flying in training there for the next few weeks given the tanking they got from the Dubs.

Was at the game last weekend and it looked like the Cats were really rattled in that first half and just lost the cool on a number of occasions.

I hear Jack O'Connor has shut the gates and thrown away the whistle in Killarney too, the summer is cranking up nicely...

Would it be possible to stick another few GAA cliches in there. I don't think there's quite enough.

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 05, 2011, 01:50:53 PM

Would it be possible to stick another few GAA cliches in there. I don't think there's quite enough.

And they are cliches because we believe, and love, all of them :D

heffo

The absence of the word 'skelp' has been noted.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 01:59:23 PM

And they are cliches because we believe, and love, all of them :D

They sicken my hole actually. And there's another one of them.

Roashter

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 10:49:57 AM
Kilkenny has been rocked with the news that defender John Dalton and Eoin Larkin will receive bans following incidents during the county's league final defeat at the hands of Dublin.

Don't think that Kilkenny were "rocked" by this news.
If anything, Dalton is perhaps a bit fortunate not to get a longer suspension. Larkin getting 4 weeks is probably correct, but to be honest the suspensions don't really have any major impact.

Larkin will be back for start of the championship and Dalton will only miss the semi-final, and surely Kilkenny can cope without him against Laois/Antrim/Wexford.

AZOffaly

That was a quote from a newspaper. You have to be 'rocked', 'boosted', 'stunned' or 'hit with' a ban/injury/recovery. It's the law.

Kerry Mike

QuoteThe absence of the word 'skelp' has been noted.

Indeed. The Skelping Season does not start untill the Moon has passed over Yerra or we are about to play Cork which ever comes earlier.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

INDIANA

Bit of a farce really. Dalton should have got 3 months minimum. But then again the elite always get off scot free on such matters.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2011, 04:01:52 PM
Bit of a farce really. Dalton should have got 3 months minimum. But then again the elite always get off scot free on such matters.

What did Carton get for his assault on the Tipp lad that time? 8 weeks (I checked). And it was overturned on appeal, appeal?!?!?

I don't think 8 weeks is scot free, but I think it's high time suspensions were on a game basis.

Edit. In the interests of accuracy, I have to correct myself. He got 8 weeks, appealed, got it overturned and then it was reinstated again causing him to miss the U21 final I think.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 04:06:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2011, 04:01:52 PM

What did Carton get for his assault on the Tipp lad that time? 8 weeks (I checked). And it was overturned on appeal, appeal?!?!?

I don't think 8 weeks is scot free, but I think it's high time suspensions were on a game basis.

Edit. In the interests of accuracy, I have to correct myself. He got 8 weeks, appealed, got it overturned and then it was reinstated again causing him to miss the U21 final I think.

There was no rational Dublin fan who ever felt Carton should have got off. If anything it should have been at least 16 weeks. I think Dalton should have got 8 weeks for the butt to the ribs and another 4 for the kick when he was on the ground.