Passport almost expired

Started by Mid Mon, September 25, 2009, 12:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on October 20, 2011, 02:51:07 PM
Does it matter whether you have to go to the check-in desk for your boarding card or have the printed boarding pass with the barcode?

I was in Liverpool a couple of summers ago, passport expired a couple of days after i came home.. I assumed it was fine, but when i went to boarding at Dublin (didn't check in) the attendant scanned the boarding pass and the red light flashed! and kind of joked saying "we`ll let you through this time".. At boarding on the way home the attendant at boarding just reminded me that it was soon out of date..

Nothing to do with the passport. The red light means you had an incident with a male steward in the past and they will only board you if the crew is all female.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

Quote from: Hound on September 25, 2009, 04:51:32 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 25, 2009, 01:30:09 PM
You do not need a passport to travel within the EU just an acceptable form of ID.    1000's of Spanish travel to UK/Ireland every year on National ID cards and do not have passports. 

As we don't have National ID Card here a passport is considered the most acceptable alternative.   A recently expired passport IS still an acceptable form of ID.
Incorrect.

Spaniards can travel to most countries in the EU with their national ID and without a passport - but not to the UK or Ireland. They must have a passport. The UK opted out of the "no passport within EU" lark, and we had to follow them because of our border.

A passport is required for Irish people to travel anywhere other than the UK. And if flying to the UK on Ryanair, a passport will be the only form of ID accepted from next month.
All the airlines are now the same. They also scan them so presumably that would throw up out of dates?

Hardy

Quote from: Mid Mon on September 25, 2009, 12:27:21 PM
There's a group of us head to Munich for the weekend coming back on Tuesday, problem is one of the lad's passport expires on Thursday, Will he be allowed to travel?

If it was anywhere other than Germany he'd be OK. But the Germans will shoot him, just to be on the safe side.

ardal

Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2011, 01:40:49 PM
Is Poland in the EU?

My passport is due to expire in April next year, so i'm down into the last six months of validity.

Your validity ended a long, long time ago Orior