Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatsTheFootball

i would like 2hear more about this incident at the dunloy v cargin game. come on queenie spill.

slim has gone decidedly quiet on this thread..trying to avoid something maybe?

The Real SlimShady

correct hardstation, it was commented on and I've previously said it is bollocks!! someone with too much time on their hands.

any thoughts on the game? or are you just interested in idle gossip?

NAG

Was at the game in duloy, was a straight red for the antrim mid fielder. NO questions NO quibbles.

Was a cowardly action anyway running in and driving someone up against the fence when their back was turned!

The Real SlimShady

wrong and wrong again.

p.s. nice to see you've hidden your e-mail address eventually NAG, i'd go easy on the rumour spreading mate  ;)

ThatsTheFootball

funny NAG thats exactly what i heard about the incident at the cargin dunloy game as i have previously stated. u were at the game and i heard it from a reliable source who was also at the game. so there must ne some truth in it.
why the big cover uo slim?

The Real SlimShady

lads, i'm covering nothing up as there is nothing to cover!! get a grip or go to the Hoganstand.

Jesus but this place is away to f**k altogether.

ThatsTheFootball

im not trying to make big deal of this but i heard from a cargin person who was at the game that mccann was shown straight red for shouldering a dunloy player into fence. u denied this which i accepted but now 2 other people have commented on the thread today about the incident as well which leads me to presume there is some true in it

ThatsTheFootball

hardstation u know how loyal and patriotic cargin fans and players r. why then would one tell me that mccann was shown a straight red which was then changed to 2yellows after the game. and this person is a good friend of mine so theres no chance they were lieing

ThatsTheFootball

my source was actually at the game and seen the incident. he also knows the player in question so again unlikely that he would lie.

Queenie

Slim i have a close colleague who would be a member of the CCC, i,m telling you it seems to me like a cover up! Straight red no doubts, it was contributing to a melee, Category 2- 4 weeks, you have totally gone down in my estimation slim. You know it! Dunloy know it, and everyone is keeping stumb, an alleged cover up from Snr Officials. Real report probably got lost, anyone know who Refereed it?
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

awh ref

My Source also at game confirms it was a straight red. 
Ref was a G Duffy
I heard the Cargin players threatened to pull out of the county squad if it was not reduced to 2 yellows.
I think the county should have called there bluff as I don't think all the cargin players on the county team would have agreed to this stance. 
But the player in question would have been a major loss to the county team if unavailable.

ThatsTheFootball

any response to the above comments slim?

ThatsTheFootball

he commented on it by covering up what really happened, which is what i dont understand. why u backing him up hardstation, would u like to know what happened?

The Real SlimShady

from Hoganstand....

Former boss Delargy backs Gormley
03 June 2007

The decision of Antrim senior football boss Jody Gormley to blood four under 21s agianst in Derry in today's (Sunday) Ulster SFC has been applauded by former county under 21 manager Frank Delargy.

"I think he is setting down a marker," Delargy opines.

"He will see what he can get out of this season with these players and build for the future.

"There are some great Antrim players missing at the moment for one reason or another.

"Some of those would be Kevin McGourty, Sean Kelly, Tony Convery, Mark Dougan and Micheal Magill.

"Those players would get on any team in Ireland.

"I think if those players come back Antrim will have a very strong team next year.

"But I think Jody is working this year to put the foundations in for a full, all-out, assault next year."

the colonel

all the prize winners are on the www.antrimgaa.net page, sean docherty from portglenone won the appartment in bulgaria, think a fella from portglenone won the £10,000
the difference between success and failure is energy