Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

any dates for the hurling championships? or is that asking too much?

aontroim

will post on the Antrim Hurling thread just to keep it right...

CoolHandLuke

shaws road

i hear tonight that the two mc gourty cj and kevin and sean keely have agreed to go to chicago for the summer ina $20,000 move any truth in this from people in boston and they paln to have karl stewart and colm bardy before the summer is out???

Syd The Sailor

Shaws Rd, it has probably been put out by the Kevin Mc Gourty publicity machine. If being a top inter county footballer was measured in how good you were in going crying to your favourite little rag (The Irish News) he would be the best of them all. Mc gourty has to realise you have to do it on the pitch, for me he is the most over rated player in Antrim, when has he ever performed for the county?
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ONeill

I take it that's when Antrim exit the Championship?

Gonna head down to Casement tomorrow night - looking forward to seeing this Meath team in action. Haven't seen them in the flesh since 2002 v Donegal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

shaws road

shaws road  very good reply but even like i dont like him mc gourty is the only player in antrim history and will ever be probabaly to play in five all irelands in two years and from what i hear in st galls its massive , mc gourty v kelly only one win winnner with me kelly but according to last sundays paper the irsh times o dywer calls mc gourty as good as egan the county forard for kerry during the golden years surely not micko  he is good but not that good

Uladh

Quote from: shaws road on February 10, 2007, 12:20:26 AM
mc gourty as good as egan the county forard for kerry during the golden years surely not micko  he is good but not that good

Ah come on now. a very good club footballer but an average county footballer.

Syd The Sailor

Uladh....well said, he has never done it for A ntrim, he is very fit which is a big asset at club level but at inter county level everyone is super fit. He seems more interested in speaking to the papers and raising his profile through interviews rather than raising it on the pitch. In fairness he will love the fact that he is being discussed on this message board, he should take a leaf out of CJ's book and let his football do the talking

theoriginalmup

Nice to hear lads talkin about goin to America in Febuary ???

Cloc Mor

You clubs in the Belfast are all a shower of pricks - just heard the Ulster Colleges asked nearly all clubs in Belfast to use their ground for a MacRory semi final between St. Colman's Newry and St. Pat's Maghera yet every one of them said no.  Why might this be?  I mean you aren't even using the fields yourselves.  You don't even have football on most of them so why not let someone play on your fields? 
Maybe, and I hate saying this, your demonstrations are more important than football.  You've let us all down.

Syd The Sailor

Latest Score Antrim 0-5 Meath 1-7

Syd The Sailor

Latest Score Antrim 0-9 Meath 2-11

onlyonefut

Full Time Antrim 1-11 Meath 2-11

Gold

how did antrim come back--when i left it was 2-10 to 0-6
i hate that--now gormley will be goin on like a lucky goal just beat antrim and "only a kick of the ball in it at the end"
this may be technically true but in reality the gulf was at least 10 points
Did meath give up and antrim get lucky or did they really put it up to Meath?

In my opinion Antrim were like wee lost boys and were shite
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."