Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurley man

Quote from: culchy1 on January 18, 2007, 09:41:21 AM
aye its available at all good newsagents,although they are few and far between in north antrim!

Do you mean that good newsagents are 'few and far between" or there's few copies of Gaelic Life. What did you think of it?

johnjoe

Think he means good hurlers are few and far between in North Antrim!

culchy1

okocha where in the hell have you been hiding!
how have you been getting on with the county/uni in the mckenna cup?

well the best hurlers in antrim are from the north coast, have been for the last two years!!

sorry caman man i meant the newsagents are pretty shite in n.antrim.
paper itself is a good read.
was there not something very similar out a couple of years ago or is it the same paper!

Hurley man

Quote from: culchy1 on January 18, 2007, 11:25:50 AM
okocha where in the hell have you been hiding!
how have you been getting on with the county/uni in the mckenna cup?

well the best hurlers in antrim are from the north coast, have been for the last two years!!

sorry caman man i meant the newsagents are pretty shite in n.antrim.
paper itself is a good read.
was there not something very similar out a couple of years ago or is it the same paper!

I think this paper is based in Tyrone and although there's a lot of football in it at the moment,, I've heard that they plan to give hurling a good dig when the league starts up. I would be nice to have a good paper for us all. Yes there was another similar style paper a few years ago but Gaelic Life is from a different company. Was checking out their website www.gaeliclife.com.

Sky Blue

Are you yet another one who works for them Hurley man or the same guy who used 3 or 4 names to raise publicity already! Pathetic attempts at marketing.

johnjoe

Hiding is the correct word, in case big Magill gets me! Anyway, good to see he is training away at the minute, and hopefully he sticks one in the Derry net come June, and turn round and say "stick that Johnjoe". Even better if its the winner in injury time!

N e way, to tell you the truth Im not on Jodys panel at all, or never was. Bit like Max, wouldnt be up to that standard at all. Just a wee smokescreen to gets the hounds off the scent. Still have the three security guards round the clock tho!

Apart from that Culchie all is good. Has your man Quinn started the big comeback trail in Rasharkin yet, and whats he like?

culchy1

we havent started yet, think we start sunday week, he seems good enuf havent seen much of him but he has the right attitude anyhow.

what bout ursel, do you still play or have you hung up the boots, to be a barstool general.

johnjoe

Its the barstool all the way Culchie. Easier on the limbs, harder on the pocket!

Would be an Antrim man thru and thru, but like yourself, living near the Bann, I`d have an interest in the Derry scene too. Could be an interesting year, getting Derry in senior, minor and u-21 this year. Think we could win a couple of them at least. Bring them on, they are ripe for the takin!

culchy1

wud i be correct in assuming ur from portglenyin, then!

8)

all the same okocha wudnt be a name associated with there!! :D

loughshore lad

Quote from: culchy1 on January 18, 2007, 12:14:39 PM
we havent started yet, think we start sunday week, he seems good enuf havent seen much of him but he has the right attitude anyhow.

what bout ursel, do you still play or have you hung up the boots, to be a barstool general.

Culchy was chatting to a few moortown men at the weekend and asked about Enda Quinn. All had a good word for him - managed their minors to a grade 2 or 3 minor championship in 2005 and apparently is quite good from a tactical view point, that particular panel only had 17 players and apparently he utilised all 17 extremely well running players in and out of games through out the year. The consensus was he should do a good enough job for yous!

johnjoe

Aye, Culchie, sure youd that sussed a long time ago. Wouldn`t be involved with them on any sort of regular basis, but I have a couple of kids at the club, juvenile camogie and underage football. Your detective work is going well today! Might have to up the security arrangements!

At least the thread is moving better. Mind you it could be jazzed up a bit more when the season starts for earnest. The content on the Derry board will make for good crack in the coming months too. Bet we were the one draw they really didnt want. Do you think we can take them?

culchy1

och sure its all a bit of craic as long as no one gets too personal!

of course we can beat them, heres hoping for a good nfl, to get us well ready for them.
our boys are every bit as good as them, just not as committed, but maybe jody can change our way of thinking.
the thing is i dont see derry having a good nfl, so they will be comin into the game on the back of a bad run.
winning breeds confidence.
but we have to believe.

Great Leap Forward

Has anybody heard what the spirit in the Antrim camp is under Gormley? There were rumours of discontent surfacing after a few months of Culbert's reign. From what I have heard he is training them hard.

It's good to see McGreevy back. He is among the best goalkeepers in Ulster. Thon Murray boy had a bit too much of the Rene Higuita about him.

culchy1

heard everyone is knuckling down to business, just gettin on with it.

i suppose there are no prima donnas on the squad at present, which helps, and no interviews with the press of late either!
jody wants to keep everything on the qt!

goldenyears

what do you boys think of hugh mcgettigan?