Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Round or stuffed

Quote from: Round or stuffed on March 05, 2024, 02:41:27 PMnot much chat around the start of the league, who is the team to watch in each division?

who are the favourites to go down in division 1, will Glenravel, all saints or Naomh Seamus have enough to stay up, what about division 2 and 3 now they have been restructured, who has the best chance to make hay now the strongest teams from last year aren't there anymore?

AllStar15

Quote from: Round or stuffed on March 07, 2024, 10:23:29 AM
Quote from: Round or stuffed on March 05, 2024, 02:41:27 PMnot much chat around the start of the league, who is the team to watch in each division?

who are the favourites to go down in division 1, will Glenravel, all saints or Naomh Seamus have enough to stay up, what about division 2 and 3 now they have been restructured, who has the best chance to make hay now the strongest teams from last year aren't there anymore?

Throw Moneyglass and Enda's in there too. I know there are a few travelling at Moneyglass and Naomh Seamus so they're probably favourites.

As for winning it - I couldn't look past Cargin or Portglenone, strongest teams on paper and not an overly large county contingent from either side to reduce their quality for the league. EL coming in to PG1 could cause more problems than it fixes.

bannside

Don't see EL causing any problems  he has settled in well and hopefully will lead a forward line that I feel was far too individual in the past. He's popular with players and management and might just add that extra % in terms of belief.

Got a serious run of away fixtures to all the top sides in the second half of the league, but tbh, whatever way it pans out, round here there's only one monkey that needs to be eliminated, and that's the only priority.

JimStynes

We have a huge number of players away at the minute so down to the bare bones for the first half of the league at least. Does anyone genuinely care about the league though? I felt the start of the league last year was like having a load of friendly games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2024, 12:00:45 PMWe have a huge number of players away at the minute so down to the bare bones for the first half of the league at least. Does anyone genuinely care about the league though? I felt the start of the league last year was like having a load of friendly games.

Might as well not turn up on Sunday lol!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on March 07, 2024, 12:00:45 PMWe have a huge number of players away at the minute so down to the bare bones for the first half of the league at least. Does anyone genuinely care about the league though? I felt the start of the league last year was like having a load of friendly games.
Ah come on now Jim, Portglenone care about it deeply

shawshank

Quote from: bannside on March 07, 2024, 11:25:33 AMDon't see EL causing any problems  he has settled in well and hopefully will lead a forward line that I feel was far too individual in the past. He's popular with players and management and might just add that extra % in terms of belief.

Got a serious run of away fixtures to all the top sides in the second half of the league, but tbh, whatever way it pans out, round here there's only one monkey that needs to be eliminated, and that's the only priority.

well that will be a first, in truth likely next year when a leopard who doesn't change his spots surfaces, due to 1st yr syndrome.

bannside

We enjoyed winning a league last year, Creggan took that route too before going one further a few years back. Any silverware at the dinner dance is good imo...

Round or stuffed

what about division 2 and 3?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Round or stuffed

Wee Barky

Any word on when underage leagues start ? Minors were this weekend last year I believe.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: Round or stuffed on March 07, 2024, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2024, 06:44:38 PM
Quote from: Round or stuffed on March 07, 2024, 05:47:30 PMwhat about division 2 and 3?

Starts 23rd/24th
who are favourites for promotion/relegation

o'Dees will win Div 3 fairly handy I think

Div 2 Lisburn for the drop and Sarsfields should win it

Saffrongael

Poor day for U-20s in both codes
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

paddyjohn

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 09, 2024, 04:08:36 PMPoor day for U-20s in both codes

And the Belfast Select LGFA team were stuffed in the Ulster championship by Cavan.