Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Just preliminary round dates 7-9 September Tiempo. Fixtures on Antrim Gas website. All quiet on LD v Creggan, but would you really want, or expect all the unsavoury details on a discussion forum. Next thing it will be page one of the Belfast Telegraph and headline news on the TV.  Any chance they get....

Having said that it's important that discipline is enforced (consistently) through the proper channels and our games can be played in a sporting fashion. Hope the player in question makes a good recovery.

themac_23

Just seen the latest results from the football leagues, seen the table, St Pauls sitting 2nd bottom of div 2? whats happened there, surely a club that size cant drop to junior football?

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on August 19, 2018, 08:16:27 PM
Just seen the latest results from the football leagues, seen the table, St Pauls sitting 2nd bottom of div 2? whats happened there, surely a club that size cant drop to junior football?

Looking that way. Like every other club, I'd guess they've went through the hard times and lost some players.

Sad to see.

ned

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 20, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

Looking that way. Like every other club, I'd guess they've went through the hard times and lost some players.

Sad to see.

I know nothing about their situation but looking at results, every loss appears to have been by a small margin. They have a positive points difference. If they win remaining two matches they should be safe.

themac_23

Quote from: ned on August 20, 2018, 10:10:37 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 20, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

Sad to see.

I know nothing about their situation but looking at results, every loss appears to have been by a small margin. They have a positive points difference. If they win remaining two matches they should be safe.

Just looked there myself, they play Sarsfields next wed night, fail to win that and they're pretty much down. Sars have a game in hand

Milltown Row2

Didnt get to see our game against Cargin at the weekend, Cargin doing their mind games it seems, sending out the reserves
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2018, 09:58:05 AM
Didnt get to see our game against Cargin at the weekend, Cargin doing their mind games it seems, sending out the reserves

Won't matter who they have out, its 2 in a row for Lamh Dhearg.

bannside

LD very impressive against us at the weekend. Quite comfortably putting an end to a decent run we were having. St Galls flying too...getting lots of quality challenge games in....latest last week when they accounted for Clonoe quite easily.

Milltown Row2

Best team Ive seen this year is the Johnnies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Its the most wide open championship ever - what do the bookies have it?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2018, 01:47:29 PM
Best team Ive seen this year is the Johnnies

Nonsense, St Galls by a country mile.  There is easily another Ulster in them.

bannside

St Galls favourites for the double now I assume after eliminating feile champs and current unbeaten league leaders All Saints minors last night. Another generation waiting in the wings perhaps??

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2018, 09:58:05 AM
Got that one wrong MR2......Cargin are gutted to have lost out on the chance to win another league title....

bannside

Mr Cassidy wasn't brought in to win league's methinks CB!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on August 22, 2018, 01:36:18 PM
St Galls favourites for the double now I assume after eliminating feile champs and current unbeaten league leaders All Saints minors last night. Another generation waiting in the wings perhaps??

seen that minor result the other night BS, was surprised at it as thats a good ballymena team.

On a side note why wasnt the minor match on the new pitch tuesday night? could of done with them lights in the last 15mins lol
hurl like f**k boi!