Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 1730674 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #14940 on: October 10, 2017, 11:08:48 PM »
That should keep CB happy....being a Cargin man and all that.

I wonder is he on board??  ::)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:03 AM »
An antrim county final....in glenavy (after they were shafted last year) and a 'potential' referee from SW?  SW men thinking 'our cup doth runneth over'. 

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:32 AM »
I'm so pleased the SW won something this year... can't claim the Dunloy team unfortunately so winning the venue and referee will have to do
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: October 11, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »
So am I. SW facilities all excellent and based off their own hard work and money. Its a real pity some clubs cant even maintain the paltry facilities that they do have, despite handouts. Condemned stands & changing rooms here, tarnished county grounds there, begging bowl always at the ready.  Some clubs always looking to take shortcuts with the quick and easy options......reminds me of the county board.

The Gs Man

• View Profile
    • Captain Kennedy
« Reply #14944 on: October 11, 2017, 10:01:59 AM »
How many SW pounds will it cost me to watch this spectacle on Sunday?
Phosporescent!

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: October 11, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
So am I. SW facilities all excellent and based off their own hard work and money. Its a real pity some clubs cant even maintain the paltry facilities that they do have, despite handouts. Condemned stands & changing rooms here, tarnished county grounds there, begging bowl always at the ready.  Some clubs always looking to take shortcuts with the quick and easy options......reminds me of the county board.

Fair play it's taken years for your lot to get sorted.. remember getting changed in the car for years cause the wooden huts were terrible! Tractors pulling the cars out off the field, the pitch was a field with cow and sheep crap all over it!

Maybe that's why the SW were so crap for years ;D

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #14946 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »

Fair play it's taken years for your lot to get sorted.. remember getting changed in the car for years cause the wooden huts were terrible! Tractors pulling the cars out off the field, the pitch was a field with cow and sheep crap all over it!

Maybe that's why the SW were so crap for years ;D
[/quote
Jeez do know a lot of Milltown Row people and indeed glad to call more than a few as 'friend'...but u really buck the trend...
Cuckoo been at her business on the Row  ;)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
It's Called banter ... or slagging,  you were giving it for two years now it's bad craic? If you can't take it, don't give it.. so calm down

Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: October 11, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »
Ah the good auld days. Its funny how things have changed and now its the big smoke where you need to bring a pair of wellies for the match and a cloth to wipe the pigeon guano from the changing rooms.  Character building id say.   :P

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: October 11, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »
It's Called banter ... or slagging,  you were giving it for two years now it's bad craic? If you can't take it, don't give it.. so calm down

Been taking it for years and do remember when Gall's were immersed in a 'bog'........but hey gonna help u MR2.....have a wee peek at Percy Bysshe Shelley's, "Ozymandias" and learn..... :)

Can provide a link if you cannot find it.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:45:07 AM by country bumpkin »

Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: October 11, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »

Been taking it for years and do remember when Gall's were immersed in a 'bog'........but hey gonna help u MR2.....have a wee peek at Percy Bysshe Shelley's, "Ozymandias" and learn..... :)

Can provide a link if you cannot find it.....

*MR2 frantically googling*

outinfront

• An Bhréadach Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: October 11, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »
This town/country thing is a bit old. Adams off to Down I see.

Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: October 11, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »
This town/country thing is a bit old. Adams off to Down I see.

*Spike franctically googling 'who cares?'*

I jest of course  :P

on that point though, wheres Lennys backroom staff??

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: October 11, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »
is there no chance we could ever look at getting the games streamed live for the likes of a final? Armagh TV are years ahead of everyone and its brilliant to use to watch a game.

this is totally non SW, lenny etc related so it may cause confusion lol
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: October 11, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »
is there no chance we could ever look at getting the games streamed live for the likes of a final? Armagh TV are years ahead of everyone and its brilliant to use to watch a game.

this is totally non SW, lenny etc related so it may cause confusion lol

As far as I know its been discussed by the PRO but lack of funding was the sticking point also, decent vantage points at games was a problem.