Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3351727 times)

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37425 on: December 13, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
Reasonable enough comment, probably.  When I was reffing a bit, we had to put up with 60 minutes of non stop yapping & dog's abuse, but you weren't allowed to open your mouth back. Mind you, a well placed one liner usually kept them quiet, for a while.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37426 on: December 13, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »
Reasonable enough comment, probably.  When I was reffing a bit, we had to put up with 60 minutes of non stop yapping & dog's abuse, but you weren't allowed to open your mouth back. Mind you, a well placed one liner usually kept them quiet, for a while.

I did a bit of reffing myself, used to love the one liners! Never anything really cheeky or severe just enough to let them know i could bite back.

We are blessed with good refs in the county in both football and hurling. Cunning is likely top of the pile along with Mark ONeill. I watched a few games that McCotter from Sarsfields did, very good also. 

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37427 on: December 13, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
Sure players know the rules inside out! They never make mistakes or foul but best of all the managers and keyboard warriors know it all ;D

Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault! I said to him if hed concentrate on marking his man put in an honest shift and defend  without fouling they would have only lost by 15!

Finton Mark Colum All goodins, County have plenty of dedicated lads, no shortage it seems of people willing to put something back into the county, rather than bad mouthing all the time on discussion boards
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37428 on: December 14, 2017, 12:58:02 PM »
Sure players know the rules inside out! They never make mistakes or foul but best of all the managers and keyboard warriors know it all ;D

Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault! I said to him if hed concentrate on marking his man put in an honest shift and defend  without fouling they would have only lost by 15!

Finton Mark Colum All goodins, County have plenty of dedicated lads, no shortage it seems of people willing to put something back into the county, rather than bad mouthing all the time on discussion boards

An opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one and no matter where you go you'll find them.   ;)

Sure that is the beauty of the GAA, we all have our part to play, no matter how small both for club and county. 

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37429 on: December 14, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
Dont beat yourself up too much, your opinions matter ;)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #37430 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »
Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault!

That was a bit like you, in your pomp. You never kept quiet the whole time. Poacher turned gamekeeper!

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37431 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault!

That was a bit like you, in your pomp. You never kept quiet the whole time. Poacher turned gamekeeper!

Lol!! possibly guilty  8)

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #37432 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »
Just say it......."guilty"!!