The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: mackers on February 08, 2018, 09:58:00 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2018, 12:28:12 AM
Interesting also that some evidence has apparently not been reported on by the media because it is so graphic - at least according to the Belfast Telegraph's summing up of the first week of the trial.
I was listening to Matt Cooper yesterday evening and the guy reporting on it was fairly graphic.  You could nearly here Cooper shifting about in the seat.  It left it very clear in my head the exact position everybody had when these acts were being carried out.  I was glad none of the children were in the car with me.
I assume the defendants and the alleged victim's version of events will differ, so which one are you very clear on?

mackers

The one that the reporter spoke about......OK "alleged" positions.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Esmarelda

Quote from: mackers on February 08, 2018, 10:13:59 AM
The one that the reporter spoke about......OK "alleged" positions.
Sorry, I thought you were taking for granted that one version of events as being fact.

Keyser soze

Interesting also that some evidence has apparently not been reported on by the media because it is so graphic - at least according to the Belfast Telegraph's summing up of the first week of the trial.
I was listening to Matt Cooper yesterday evening and the guy reporting on it was fairly graphic.  You could nearly here Cooper shifting about in the seat.  It left it very clear in my head the exact position everybody had when these acts were being carried out.  I was glad none of the children were in the car with me.

What do you mean by interesting?? Surely that would be par for the course? Do you think there is an agenda at work for some reason?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 08, 2018, 11:06:21 AM

What do you mean by interesting?? Surely that would be par for the course? Do you think there is an agenda at work for some reason?

I hope Rory is getting detailed transcripts or has a live video link to help him with both sides of the story.

Mayo4Sam

I'm not sure how anyone could be certain on this case.

It seems the lads are at the least guilty of being dickheads and that automatically makes people like Syf there assume they did it.

A lot of people I've spoken to about it seems to be siding with the lads. Her text messages seem very contrived, I'd love to hear the opinion of a psychologist which explains how those texts fit in with the behavior of others in the same situation
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

general_lee

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 08, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

It seems the lads are at the least guilty of being d**kheads and that automatically makes people like Syf there assume they did it.

A lot of people I've spoken to about it seems to be siding with the lads. Her text messages seem very contrived, I'd love to hear the opinion of a psychologist which explains how those texts fit in with the behavior of others in the same situation
The sequence of events in the immediate aftermath of the alleged attacks would suggest to me that if she *is* lying, she has went to extraordinary lengths to take three men to court on the back of it.

haranguerer

I agree with that - they behaved atrociously, but that doesn't mean they raped her. There are an awful lot of holes and inconsistencies in her story.

Also, said in those texts she was raped by 3 men, didn't she?

Mayo4Sam

In fairness she said "two and a third guy tried to get involved"

Her texts just seemed very calm, I'd like to see if thats normal. I'd presume rape victims follow relatively similar patterns and again I'd assume either you clam up and say nothing or you're hysterical.

magpie seanie

Ya. It's a well known fact that everyone reacts the same.  ::)

haranguerer

Quote from: general_lee on February 08, 2018, 11:51:57 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 08, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

It seems the lads are at the least guilty of being d**kheads and that automatically makes people like Syf there assume they did it.

The sequence of events in the immediate aftermath of the alleged attacks would suggest to me that if she *is* lying, she has went to extraordinary lengths to take three men to court on the back of it.

What do you mean?

sid waddell

Quote from: haranguerer on February 08, 2018, 11:54:53 AM
I agree with that - they behaved atrociously, but that doesn't mean they raped her. There are an awful lot of holes and inconsistencies in her story.

Such as?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2018, 12:04:01 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 08, 2018, 11:54:53 AM

Such as?

Said she only puts tan on if shes expecting sex? so she had no tan on but there was tan all over the clothes she was wearing.

those rugby lads must have been tanning themselves!! I think that was the jist of what was reported
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 08, 2018, 12:01:49 PM
In fairness she said "two and a third guy tried to get involved"

Her texts just seemed very calm, I'd like to see if thats normal. I'd presume rape victims follow relatively similar patterns and again I'd assume either you clam up and say nothing or you're hysterical.

No, she said 'just got raped by three f**king ulster rugby scum' in the ones i saw. Maybe elaborated in further messages, but that was one of them.

''In a text message to a friend the following day, the woman said she had been "raped by three Ulster f*****g rugby scum."''
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/there-spit-roasting-going-on-11941837

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2018, 12:02:54 PM
Ya. It's a well known fact that everyone reacts the same.  ::)

Broadly speaking they do. Thats why you have things like the five stages of grief, theres actually a name for it - Rape Trauma Syndrome.