The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on February 02, 2018, 04:30:12 PM
Some strange and bizarre opinions being offered here. Surely the sensible approach is to take in as much information as possible before deciding for certain what occurred.

Absolutely no winners in this case. Noticeable in TV reports I have seen that Jackson has family with him going to court each day whereas Olding is on his own.

Noticeable?

If anything it's Jackson who is dead to rights on this one given he was the instigator.

Family members and spouses/girlfriends regularly support their own whether it's obvious they're guilty or not. Either unwilling or unable to process the fact their own kin is capable of what they are accused of. It's not really notable at all with regards their innocence or guilt, PW.
Noticeable as in I observed.

You're an emotional wreck here Syferus.

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2018, 06:04:15 PM
She'd need to not any evidence of knowing Ulster or Irish Rugby to not know who he is.. Facebook and twitter accounts and other social media she may have will point towards if she knows these players..

Hopefully she doesn't have history of that info on her..
I don't see why she would lie about not knowing who they were, even if she was fully aware of who they were, even if she pursued them all night, doesn't mean she still could not have been raped.

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on February 02, 2018, 06:08:50 PM
Some strange and bizarre opinions being offered here. Surely the sensible approach is to take in as much information as possible before deciding for certain what occurred.

Absolutely no winners in this case. Noticeable in TV reports I have seen that Jackson has family with him going to court each day whereas Olding is on his own.

Noticeable?

If anything it's Jackson who is dead to rights on this one given he was the instigator.

Family members and spouses/girlfriends regularly support their own whether it's obvious they're guilty or not. Either unwilling or unable to process the fact their own kin is capable of what they are accused of. It's not really notable at all with regards their innocence or guilt, PW.

:o

If you're trying to pretend that your implication wasn't that Olding's family aren't supporting his plea of innocence like Jackson's family are it's not going to wash on many people.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 05:47:10 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 02, 2018, 05:42:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 05:38:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2018, 05:32:21 PM
He's happier when attacking posters than dealing with the facts

From the lad who claims to have read the report and immediately goes and contradicts it that's a bit rich. You opened yourself to attack by trying to shovel baseless dirt on the victim.

The fact some people try to hide their disbelief of the victim behind legalise or petty insults highlights that some part of their lizard brain tells them they're in hot water on this issue. It goes without saying that victim-blaming is abhorant and many of those who support its continuation don't even realise that's what they're doing.
She's not a victim yet. She could have been a willing participant.

Explain why it's a court case, then. What does the woman get out of this added ordeal, one she was very reticent to even do at the time of the incident because of exactly your sort of reactions to it?
Ask the women who fitted up all these other lads recently what they were getting out of it?

Franko

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 06:21:33 PM

Noticeable?

If you're trying to pretend that your implication wasn't that Olding's family aren't supporting his plea of innocence like Jackson's family are it's not going to wash on many people.

Like who?  The only one I see getting worked up about it is you.  And let's face it, you've retreated that far up your own uber-righteous arse that your opinions are being disregarded by most as a comedy side show.

PW Nally

Noticeable?

Calm down petal. It was an observation, don't know any of the players or their families.

Syferus, the voice of moral indignation.

seafoid

The questioning of the 2 rugby wallas will be very interesting.
If the lady was up for it why did she leave in hysterics? Why was her interaction with the 2 gentlemen so unsatisfactory? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on February 02, 2018, 07:14:14 PM

Noticeable?

Calm down petal. It was an observation, don't know any of the players or their families.

PW Nally, the voice of oh-shit-I-need-to-back-pedal.

I'm disappointed you're engaging in regressive name-calling. Always thought you were a decent poster.

PW Nally

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 07:22:33 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on February 02, 2018, 07:14:14 PM

Noticeable?

PW Nally, the voice of oh-shit-I-need-to-back-pedal.

I'm disappointed you're engaging in regressive name-calling. Always thought you were a decent poster.
I posted the most innocuous thing possible and you drew the wrong conclusion.  No big deal just don't keep at it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Franko on February 02, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

Noticeable?

He said 'noticeable', which it is, given the fact that he noticed it.

I don't know where you got 'notable' out of in your next paragraph.  It looks like you made it up.  And nowhere did he even mention innocence or guilt.

As the self-appointed chief virtue signaller on here, you should at least get the terminology right before correcting other posters.

He is strangely ok with Michael Noonan's role in the 'Grace' case.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 02, 2018, 06:30:46 PM

From the lad who claims to have read the report and immediately goes and contradicts it that's a bit rich. You opened yourself to attack by trying to shovel baseless dirt on the victim.

The fact some people try to hide their disbelief of the victim behind legalise or petty insults highlights that some part of their lizard brain tells them they're in hot water on this issue. It goes without saying that victim-blaming is abhorant and many of those who support its continuation don't even realise that's what they're doing.

Explain why it's a court case, then. What does the woman get out of this added ordeal, one she was very reticent to even do at the time of the incident because of exactly your sort of reactions to it?
Ask the women who fitted up all these other lads recently what they were getting out of it?

I agree... Syf showing himself up very badly here!! Why feel the need to condemn people before due process??

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on February 02, 2018, 08:05:45 PM

I agree... Syf showing himself up very badly here!! Why feel the need to condemn people before due process??

It's not me who is being shown up in the least.

So this victim invented a gang rape because you've one case of it ocurring, Tony? You do understand that this court case is going to chase her around like a bad smell even if she's fully vindicated by the jury, right? This is not something people decide to go through for the kicks.

So many people here seem to start from a position of disbelieving the female victim of rape or sexual assault when the more natural position should be believing the victim. Victim blaming is such a massive part of rape culture and it needs to be constantly guarded against.

Tony Baloney

What is this "one" case you speak of?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 02, 2018, 08:05:45 PM

It's not me who is being shown up in the least.

So this victim invented a gang rape because you've one case of it ocurring, Tony? You do understand that this court case is going to chase her around like a bad smell even if she's fully vindicated by the jury, right? This is not something people decide to go through for the kicks.

So many people here seem to start from a position of disbelieving the female victim of rape or sexual assault when the more natural position should be believing the victim. Victim blaming is such a massive part of rape culture and it needs to be constantly guarded against.

What do you think of Michael Noonan's role in the Grace case?

Orior

It's a very obvious tactic by the defence lawyers, trying to blacken the victims modus operandi. The rugby players are guilty but I just wish she had been a little more cautious in her night out. It would have a lot of trouble all round.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians