Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

@FrankGreaney on twitter doing updates.

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2018, 12:14:05 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2018, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: GJL on February 02, 2018, 11:50:52 AM
Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2018, 10:36:26 AM
Whatever happens, it is the end of the career of two or three rugby players. In fact, I have no idea where they will get work, and will probably have to emigrate.

Add a stupid girl to stupid drunk rugby players and the result is that everyone looses except the lawyers. Very sad.

Why is she 'stupid'?

She didn't connect going into the rugby player's bedroom with danger.

Jesus f**king wept.

Explain.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Best and Henderson are colleagues and have no idea what happened. If it is rape it is criminal. Paul Kimmage spoke to Tom Humphries when the news came out and had no idea what the real story was.
The employer will typically suspend the employee during the trial and sack the employee if there is a conviction.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

HiMucker

Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2018, 12:28:02 PM
Whatever happens, it is the end of the career of two or three rugby players. In fact, I have no idea where they will get work, and will probably have to emigrate.

Add a stupid girl to stupid drunk rugby players and the result is that everyone looses except the lawyers. Very sad.

Why is she 'stupid'?

Jesus f**king wept.

Explain.
Its embarrassing lad.  Going back to the house, and going in to anyones room shouldn't spell danger.  This sort of thing happens every bloody night of the week the world over.  99.9% of the time it doesn't end up with some girl in hysterics.  Its called life.  Im sure they didn't have rapist tattooed on their heads.

Orior

Quote from: HiMucker on February 02, 2018, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 02, 2018, 12:28:02 PM

Why is she 'stupid'?

Jesus f**king wept.

Explain.
Its embarrassing lad.  Going back to the house, and going in to anyones room shouldn't spell danger.  This sort of thing happens every bloody night of the week the world over.  99.9% of the time it doesn't end up with some girl in hysterics.  Its called life.  Im sure they didn't have rapist tattooed on their heads.

Fair enough. That wouldn't have happened in my day.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

She has said she was happy enough with a bit of kissing, which was in his room. No harm in that, you can't say she was stupid because she didn't sense she was at risk of being raped.

Girls didn't go to house parties and have a wee flirt and a kiss with boys back in your day? I find that very hard to believe.

yellowcard

Embarrassing few weeks for the IRFU. First they hired Groebler in spite of a stringent anti doping policy and now the national team captain and another squad member appear a t a trial to give evidence at a trial defending the accused against rape charges. The IRFU do not come out of this period well. They batted off questions today but when the trial concludes I exepct that they will still have to answer the question of whether Best and Henderson had sought or received permission from them to appear at the trial.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: yellowcard on February 02, 2018, 02:00:17 PM
Embarrassing few weeks for the IRFU. First they hired Groebler in spite of a stringent anti doping policy and now the national team captain and another squad member appear at a trial to give evidence at a trial defending the accused against rape charges. The IRFU do not come out of this period well. They batted off questions today but when the trial concludes I exepct that they will still have to answer the question of whether Best and Henderson had sought or received permission from them to appear at the trial.

That is just completely FAKE NEWS as trump would say.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

gallsman

Quote from: yellowcard on February 02, 2018, 02:00:17 PM
Embarrassing few weeks for the IRFU. First they hired Groebler in spite of a stringent anti doping policy and now the national team captain and another squad member appear a t a trial to give evidence at a trial defending the accused against rape charges. The IRFU do not come out of this period well. They batted off questions today but when the trial concludes I exepct that they will still have to answer the question of whether Best and Henderson had sought or received permission from them to appear at the trial.

Yeah, it doesn't help when people f**k up the facts of the matter. They were attending court as members of the public, not as witnesses.

Keyser soze

Some of the nonsense being spouted on here is embarassing.

As regards Orior's comment is he not just quoting what the girl herself said in her evidence as reported in some of the papers today?

rosnarun

does any one really believe that Schmidt  talking about the case could case it to collapse ? or Best for that matter
it would be a pretty handy way of getting your buddy off the hook.
lote shite being talked
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2018, 01:33:40 PM
She has said she was happy enough with a bit of kissing, which was in his room. No harm in that, you can't say she was stupid because she didn't sense she was at risk of being raped.

Girls didn't go to house parties and have a wee flirt and a kiss with boys back in your day? I find that very hard to believe.
Boys and girls sat at opposite sides of the parochial hall.

screenexile

Quote from: rosnarun on February 02, 2018, 02:12:50 PM
does any one really believe that Schmidt  talking about the case could case it to collapse ? or Best for that matter
it would be a pretty handy way of getting your buddy off the hook.
lote shite being talked

If the Ireland Rugby Captain comes out  in a press conference and says "I went to the trial to support my friends and team mates because I believe they did not commit this crime" . . . do you no think this put a bias on the trial?!

gallsman

Schmidt answering a question about whether Best consulted him before attending court has absolutely no bearing on the case whatsoever.