The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Think unless they get a red they are fine..

imtommygunn

Having lovren suspended may help you...

under the bar

Soooo.... any Blue Sky thinking ideas from the Official LFC Supporters Club this week then??

Perhaps urge any Scousers not working next Wednesdday to make their way to Rome so they can "Welcome" the Roma coach outside the Stadio Olympico so it doesn't feel so much like a home game for them?     Or for the final maybe tell the fans not to worry about no tickets 'cos the Ukrainians are so corrupt they'll probably allow them in for €10 on the gate?? ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2018, 06:26:24 PM
Ox,Can,Lallana and Matip all out. We really are down to the bare bones.
God forbid any more injures or yellow cards in the 2nd leg. TAA, Hendo and Lovern all on a yellow.

The rule was changed a few years back - won't impact the final (should they get there)

LooseCannon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 25, 2018, 08:10:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2018, 06:26:24 PM
Ox,Can,Lallana and Matip all out. We really are down to the bare bones.
God forbid any more injures or yellow cards in the 2nd leg. TAA, Hendo and Lovern all on a yellow.

The rule was changed a few years back - won't impact the final (should they get there)
The JT rule #FULLKITWANKER

manfromdelmonte

Nobody here connected the fan injured last night with the stoning of the City bus
Nobody except the lfc posters

The point made was you cannot expect to 'greet' a team bus with stones, bottles and flares ahead of a European game actinglike a bunch of Italian ultras or hard core galatassary fans
The antics for the bus greeting was condoned and organised by Liverpool supporters organisations in advance on full public view on social media
And then people don't expect visiting fans from a club like Roma, who have a history of violence, not to come looking for trouble.

The police have been terrible for both incidents

4 Liverpool fans arrested btw
Hope the innocent supporter pulls through

Gabriel_Hurl

Yeah - you can take that rubbish out of here.

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on April 25, 2018, 12:30:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 12:22:52 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on April 25, 2018, 12:17:40 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 25, 2018, 12:07:48 PM
Indeed. Even after all the improvements in stadiums, stewarding, policing there is a small core of scumbags attached to many clubs. It used be called the English disease but all over the continent in places like Poland Italy Hungary these so called "Ultras" who, when they behave are seen as providing atmosphere, are acting the bollix and creating threatening environments at games and outside the grounds. What is the point of going to matches if you have to enter an environment of heavy security, searching etc?

You've obviously never been to a European away game where heavy security, searching etc is the norm. Some of it can be quite heavy handed and on almost all occasions totally uncalled for. There are of course exceptions to the norm, Villa Real being one that stands out as being very relaxed, but I find the Spanish police to be as bad and in many case worse than the Italians.

I was at a Juve - Real Champions League game in Turin, and the searching was laughable. In the stand the Madrid fans were set up above left of the Juve Curva, where we were, and for most of the game missiles rained down on us, including lit flares. One hit me, burned my jacket and melted the seat it then landed on.
I hope that the jacket wasn't a good Offaly one, with Carroll Meats on it.

No, that was robbed off me when my car was stolen in Annacotty. Ach sin scéal eile.
You should write a book, it would sell.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 25, 2018, 10:35:11 PM
What exactly is rubbish about it?  As he says the unfortunate Irish fan who was injured was 100% innocent but there more than likely was a connection between the Man City stuff and that group of Roma fans being there, tooled up and looking for trouble. Also, it's a very good point that the police were incredibly awol on both incidents.

gawa316

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 26, 2018, 12:53:32 AM
What exactly is rubbish about it?  As he says the unfortunate Irish fan who was injured was 100% innocent but there more than likely was a connection between the Man City stuff and that group of Roma fans being there, tooled up and looking for trouble. Also, it's a very good point that the police were incredibly awol on both incidents.

Yeah I guess that's the reason those Utd, boro, arsenal and Chelsea fans got attached and stabbed as well. There's no other logical explanation

Asal Mor

Maybe there was no link and those lads would have attacked innocent people anyway, but you can't dismiss the possibility that those who threw objects at the Man City bus have some responsibility in this. In fairness to the club, it had, through Klopp, been trying to discourage similar behavior from happening again.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2018, 02:09:37 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on April 26, 2018, 12:53:32 AM

Yeah I guess that's the reason those Utd, boro, arsenal and Chelsea fans got attached and stabbed as well. There's no other logical explanation
none of them got stabbed at the home legs though

whats going to happen in Rome?
the club should be telling their fans not to travel, considering they already have the tie won...

Maroon Manc

Wouldn't fancy going to Rome next week, got plenty of stories from mates who've been their with United etc.

What year was all the Liverpool fans slashed in Rome? had a mate on the official coach with directors and players wife's and they had several of their windows put through on the way to the game.

TabClear

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 26, 2018, 09:50:30 AM
Wouldn't fancy going to Rome next week, got plenty of stories from mates who've been their with United etc.

What year was all the Liverpool fans slashed in Rome? had a mate on the official coach with directors and players wife's and they had several of their windows put through on the way to the game.

Same as that. I have heard some horror stories from people who have been over that range from police demanding bribes to "assist" them in getting to/from the ground safely, muggings and having to literally run for thier lives from Ultras.

GJL

Any word on the man's condition? Hope he makes a full recovery.