leinster minor hurling championship semi finals

Started by yellowbelly07, June 15, 2007, 02:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowbelly07

personally i think its going to be the leinster final that everyone would expect wheather the have a clue about any of the teams or not! wexford will stroll by dublin and killkenny should have no problems with laois leaving the big two for a meeting in croker on july 1st. i have followed this wexford team closely all year and the allstar management they have seem to be doing some job!!! with more than 50 points to spare over wicklow and a comprehensive 20point win over offaly, the dublin game should really be a stroll in the park!

anyone have feelings about this championship??

INDIANA

HOPEFULLY  your players feel teh same-
dublin have been hampered by preparation and 11 dual players but with the talent at our disposal i'd fancy us to win by 5/6 points.

INDIANA

hmmm! dublin by 10 points
1-13 to 0-06 the revolution continues.

tayto

Eh yea, yellowbelly, yer flaunting your ignorance if you think wexford are in the big two in leinster minor hurling. That or yer just plain deluded.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

Taken on the performances in todays two games i am afraid to say that Wexford would have to rated a poor 4th in Leinster. Kilkenny Laois was a real battle for more than 50 minutes when the strength in depth of the Kilkenny bench helped them edge ahead in the closing stages. Dublin dominated against Wexford, one score from play was a sorry stat for the yellowbellies. If today was a guide then counties like Dublin and Laois are starting to bridge the gap with Kilkenny at underage level.
My best guess is that Kilkenny with the game under their belt will beat Dublin more comfortably than they did Laois today. Dublin will have the advantage of the minor backdoor system if needed and this will help Dublin hurling for the future. 

Canalman

Both the Minors and U 21s in the L final. Hopefully, we can win one of them at least.

slow corner back

Well done to the young dubs once again. Someone is doing something right in dublin at underage level

tayto

oneflewoverthecuckoonest : that was Dublin's first game as well, so it's not only KK that were coming into the semi cold. We'll see what happens come sunday, you'd obviously have to fancy kilkenny, just because of who they are, but if Dublin had only beat laois by four and KK had dominated wexford people'd be saying dublin haddnt a hope.

AZOffaly

QuoteBoth the Minors and U 21s in the L final. Hopefully, we can win one of them at least.

I hope ye do as well. Can we all just agree that ye win the Minor, Offaly take the Under 21, and we'll let the Yellabellies and the Cats figure out the Senior?