Micheal Walsh
Stephen Molumphy
Eoin Kelly
Seamus Prendergast
Jack Kennedy
John Mullane
Dan Shanahan
Paul Flynn

Looks strong to me, with Flynn (a new slimmer version by all accounts) on board and Cork missing a few lads it's hard to see byond the Waterford boys. I recekon Waterford would have won anyway but Sean Og will be a major loss in particular as he seems to have 'big Dans' number. Normally I don't think a goalie being suspended for a match is of major importance in intercounty hurling, but Donal Og is a major cog in the Cork game plan, his loss could prove significant also. 

AZOffaly

I was impressed by young Kearney as well in the couple of Waterord league games I saw this year. I suppose he will start in the corner though, as James Murray tends to operate out in the half back line.

Justin's teams, especially in the forwards, are very flexible in the positioning, but if I were him, I would leave the two big lads out on the 40, and let them win Hennessy's puck outs, especialyl with Sean Og missing, who is too physically strong for Dan.

Let Mullane, Flynn and maybe Kennedy or Malumphy operate in around the FF line, although to be honest both of them do their best work hoovering stuff up around midfield.

Shane Walsh can consider himself unlucky if he does not have an injury, although I'm glad to see Paul Flynn back in there.

magpie seanie

Hope Waterford go through them like a dose of All-Bran and don't end up meeting them later in the year.

darbyo

You just can't tell what way Waterford will line out, Justin McCarthy rotates the forwards far too much, but with Dan, Flynn and Mullane in the FF I think there could be goals to be had. In saying that unlike other counties the Cork replacements won't be found wanting, they probably have 40 -50 intercounty standard hurlers floating around and I'd be very surprised if the lads who come in look out of their depth.

bugs bunny

Cork is one of the few counties that can take a suspension hit and not let it affect them,this is the championship  and not the league.I expect Cork to come out with guns blazing and win going away.6 or 7 points.

deiseach

Few teams have beaten us going away over the last decade and I don't see how Cork missing three players who would definitely have been playing are anything other than worse off. I suppose they could hit upon a magic formula much like they did in 1999 when they made six desperation changes for the Waterford game and went on to win the All-Ireland. But I think we're harder than we were then and go for us to win by two or three.

Leith_Limerick_Lad

darbyo

Quoteexpect Cork to come out with guns blazing and win going away.6 or 7 points.

No way will Cork win by 6/7 points, Waterford may or may not win this game or the AI but nobody will beat them by that kind of margin. They have a serious midfield, a much improved full back line and scoring forwards, even with Cork at full strength at I'd fancy Waterford, now you'd have to go with them. Not only are Cork missing the 3 suspended players but Corcrane(that doesn't look right!) is missing also and Joe Deane isn't playing well. 

darbyo

Just read over on www.anfearrua.com that the appeals from the 3 Cork lads have been rejected, so I guess there definately out. Good news for Waterford I think.

darbyo

Looks like Cork are going to the DRA and Donal O'Grady is going on with more rubbish in 'De Examinar'. If they had any class they'd accept their suspensions at this stage. All they want is to have the players back for Waterford and they'll take their chances against Tipp or Limerick. Justice has nothing to do with it.

Leith_Limerick_Lad

I'll be honest, probably one of the best games of hurling I have seen, and not just because Cork got beaten. I have a feeling Waterford will win the All Ireland, and on that form I can't see anybody stopping them. Respect to Cork for the way they battled back, and hitting the crossbar with the last shot of the match must have been agonising.

Fishead_Sam

How did Clare do in the Intermediate, result please?

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 17, 2007, 08:15:33 PM
How did Clare do in the Intermediate, result please?

Clare won by 5 or 6 pts

slow corner back

Quote from: Leith_Limerick_Lad on June 17, 2007, 07:19:35 PM
I'll be honest, probably one of the best games of hurling I have seen, and not just because Cork got beaten. I have a feeling Waterford will win the All Ireland, and on that form I can't see anybody stopping them. Respect to Cork for the way they battled back, and hitting the crossbar with the last shot of the match must have been agonising.

I honestly think Cork come out of that game better than Waterford. Cork were missing three mainstays and Brian Murphy did not look anything like fit. They were within one puck at the finish and will not concede anything like that score again all year. If you assume Cusack, O Hailpin and O sullivan would have stopped at least two if not three of the goals where will waterford find six extra points if they meet again? Added to that I thought Pa Cronin and Kieran Murphy really proved themselves as championship hurlers today. Thats two new forwards for the rest of the season and most of the defence to return. The all ireland wil be decided whenever Cork and the cats meet again this year although it may not be the final now.

By the way I would love to see waterford win an all ireland as they have given great entertainment for the last 10 years. However great entertainers do not always win.

INDIANA

disagree entirely- you can talk about ifs,buts and maybes
fact is waterford won the game- i've no doubt they can up it another gear and i doubt they'll defend as badly again as they did today.
they've beaten both cork and kilkenny now and i think they've a great chance of going all the way.