Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2020, 03:55:03 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 24, 2020, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2020, 12:21:23 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2020, 12:20:06 PM
Weekend's result went pretty much as foreseen then.

Tough on St Johns going from 1st to third in the group, plus a few injuries going to make it even tougher.

The Rossa and Ballycastle game was a toss up with the bookies it seemed.. big win for Rossa

Rossa will have some sort of say in this championship before its over. Cracking team and we played well against them and could only muster a draw. Wouldn't be surprised to see them reach the final.

Different animal outside of Rossa park, never seem to replicate their home form. Some nice young hurlers on the team for sure.

Don't think Ballycastle would agree with you, not looking at that result

Na Glinntí Glasa

Rossa will be bloody hard to beat in the quarter finals. For the first time in a long time they have a full panel to pick from with no lads away travelling etc so they are better now than they ever were. We got very lucky to get any sort of result on them. St Johns were lucky as well to nick a result so i wasn't surprised at the result v Ballycastle.
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Just seen the betting prices for the weekend both St. John's and Cushendall 1/8 shota as if these quarter finals are decided before a ball has been thrown in. Terrible prices while I expect both to probably grind out wins I can see 2 close games. St Johns looked a bit leggy towards the end of the Dunloy game and picked up a few injuries and Rossa have been impressive and have a strong panel this year. Think the odds are insulting to both St Galls and Rossa.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 25, 2020, 08:55:27 PM
Just seen the betting prices for the weekend both St. John's and Cushendall 1/8 shota as if these quarter finals are decided before a ball has been thrown in. Terrible prices while I expect both to probably grind out wins I can see 2 close games. St Johns looked a bit leggy towards the end of the Dunloy game and picked up a few injuries and Rossa have been impressive and have a strong panel this year. Think the odds are insulting to both St Galls and Rossa.

Where can i see full list of prices

ciaran1988

Paddy power and BoyleSports have betting for the 2 senior quarter finals

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 26, 2020, 12:03:12 AM
Paddy power and BoyleSports have betting for the 2 senior quarter finals

Go raibh maith agat

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 27, 2020, 10:34:11 AM
well worth a watch

https://ourgame.ie/rise-of-odonovan-rossa-cushendall-and-dunloy-challenges/

Why not call it as it is this year for Rossa especially. Boys can't travel to America, boys cant really summer holiday either, the way we would have in the past years. This is the simple reason why they are competitive this year, talent always been there, application hasn't.

imtommygunn

Boys going traveling etc is hardly application... 

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2020, 11:03:17 AM

Well suppose that is down to individual opinion, but it does explain the lack of competitiveness in years gone by.

I'm not saying lads shouldnt travel but it has had a significant impact on them recently.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 27, 2020, 12:01:25 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2020, 11:03:17 AM

Well suppose that is down to individual opinion, but it does explain the lack of competitiveness in years gone by.

I'm not saying lads shouldnt travel but it has had a significant impact on them recently.

Lads going on holidays or pursuing other careers which has taken them away of unavailable for selection has happened for years. This is a amateur sport, opportunities come up and young bucks (or older ones) take them.

As a club you'll always want to play with a full deck.. you can only play with what's available and I'd say there's no complaints from anyone really over missed players.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Somebody give me my £5 back...  ;) ;)

Tony Baloney

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

paddyjohn

Is that big of a shock? Maybe a bit disrespectful to Rossa saying it is.

Fantastic result and fair play