Pop-Up Ads

Started by Oraisteach, November 03, 2014, 04:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Is anyone else having pop-up ads appear when they access the discussion board, blocking their view of the topic titles?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Oraisteach on November 03, 2014, 04:36:56 AM
Is anyone else having pop-up ads appear when they access the discussion board, blocking their view of the topic titles?

Not an issue for me, probably because I am using Chrome with adblocker plus
Hasta la victoria siempre

theticklemister

Yip, here on my mobile and laptop. This is not what I pay my £500 a year subscription to the gaaboard.com for

Oraisteach

Tickle, I could tolerate ads if they didn't block the text as I scroll thereby obscuring the lively repartee.

seafoid

I get a box o 10 different words presumably associated with ads in the botton left hand corner

Personalised ads are a load of shite IMO.
I like to bollocks the supermarket card analysis by buying stuff occasionally that never fits my profile.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm getting them too - at the bottom of the page though

ziggysego

It happens every two years or so and then we moved house.
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2014, 03:35:22 PM
It happens every two years or so and then we moved house.

Mods are on the case now. . . in Ziggy we trust!!

macdanger2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 03, 2014, 02:27:02 PM
I'm getting them too - at the bottom of the page though

Same here but no pop ups or blocking text

muppet

Adblock, even for safari.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on November 03, 2014, 02:22:04 PM
I like to bollocks the supermarket card analysis by buying stuff occasionally that never fits my profile.

The real trick here is to have 2 or 3 cards, only buy drink with one, vegetables with another etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lar Naparka

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
I'd suggest AdFender instead. It's not browser-specific and a single installation protects all installed browsers.
I have a number installed for checking site design and Adfender blocks popups on them all.
I can't understand why our beloved board is the only site that appears to be infected with those damn Chtika ads.
Makes me think that the Simple Machines server has been compromised in some way.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

muppet

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 03, 2014, 09:17:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
I'd suggest AdFender instead. It's not browser-specific and a single installation protects all installed browsers.
I have a number installed for checking site design and Adfender blocks popups on them all.
I can't understand why our beloved board is the only site that appears to be infected with those damn Chtika ads.
Makes me think that the Simple Machines server has been compromised in some way.

Maybe we should move to Average Intelligence Machines instead?
MWWSI 2017