Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

If this season is adequate, I wonder what Ronnie's two seasons would be described as

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2017, 09:34:50 PM
If this season is adequate, I wonder what Ronnie's two seasons would be described as

Fantastic cause his wage packet was small
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebar

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Dont even go there that clown set the club back 10 years...for a long time last year I was seriously worried Aberdeen winning SPL....Rodgers has made some turn around of the cub considering how low playing standards had sunk.

T Fearon

Ronny

Won two league titles in two seasons

Proved himself by qualifying for knockout stages of Europa League when he could call on quality like Van Dyke,Guidetti,Denayer etc

Was only earning a fraction of the current manager's salary.

Of course there has been a marked improvement this season.That was the minimum requirement given the new manager's super salary and millions to acquire Dembele,Sinclair etc,all of which was denied to his predecessor.

thebar

I think the board finally worked it out.... if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Milltown Row2

So if he had those players he'd have been in last 16??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Ronnie also failed to get to a Cup final in two seasons. Two seasons where Rangers, Hearts and Hibs were not in the Premier League.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 10:28:11 PM
Ronny

Proved himself by qualifying for knockout stages of Europa League when he could call on quality like Van Dyke,Guidetti,Denayer etc

Of course there has been a marked improvement this season.That was the minimum requirement given the new manager's super salary and millions to acquire Dembele,Sinclair etc,all of which was denied to his predecessor.

Tony he managed LIVERPOOL ffs, the man nearly won the premier league and he has earned every penny, Ronnie was not a good un Tony, in fairness he should never have gotten the job, he was never good enough.

Brendan Rodgers got Dembele because the kid wanted to play for him, when he leaves for forty or fifty million Tony Rodgers will have made the club a fortune just because of the fact Dembele wanted to develop under him, who did Ronnie attract????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

imtommygunn

Ronny

What is your issue with rodgers? Isit because he managed liverpool? Is it his personal life? What?

Franko

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 03, 2017, 07:21:53 AM
Ronny

What is your issue with rodgers? Isit because he managed liverpool? Is it his personal life? What?

When he hit it big at Liverpool he got the teeth done and left the wife for a young thing.  Wasn't true to his Catholic upbringing.  It's mad, but that's what all this comes from.

heffo

I'm not sure which is more worrying - that Tony would believe the nonsense he's been posting all season or that he really thinks he's winding us all up

Applesisapples

Why anyone pays heed to the prawn munching troll, God only knows.

illdecide

Tony will be sitting in work bursting his sides open that everyone is taking the bait and rising to his posts (I know i've done it in the past too)...

What Rodgers does in his personal life is none of anyone's business (he who cast the first stone...and all that sh*te)
Money does not buy you success
R Delia was a poor Celtic manager
Rodger's wage is none of anyone's business and whatever it is he's well worth it
Celtic reaching the last 16 of the CL is punching above their weight (no matter what team has done it with whatever resources)
Sevco fans now realise how far Celtic are in front of them (last year they thought they were close)
Rodgers will continue to attract players of a higher calibre to Celtic Park
Rodgers is one of our own ;)

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on May 03, 2017, 08:41:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 03, 2017, 07:21:53 AM
Ronny

When he hit it big at Liverpool he got the teeth done and left the wife for a young thing.  Wasn't true to his Catholic upbringing.  It's mad, but that's what all this comes from.

I honestly think thats the main reason or that hes better looking and from Co Antrim and makes shite loads more money

yellowcard

Just looked at the average attendances for the last 3 seasons:

2014/15 = 44,585
2015/16 = 44,965
2016/17 = 55,544

The supporters will always talk with their feet. Lets say tickets average out at £20 per ticket and an extra 11,000 tickets were sold per game. Thats an extra £220,000 per home game and if there were 20 domestic home matches in the season then that is £4.4 million in extra revenue just from the domestic fixtures not including the CL extra home games. If it is purely an argument about the managers salary then Rodgers has more than paid for himself. That's not to mention off field additional income from merchandise, TV money and other sponsorship deals.