Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 04, 2020, 09:55:59 PM
Jesus a lot of big talk from the Tyronies on here last few days, talking bout a whole counties backbone, character, fortitude,

for a county that produced the likes of McCarron and Cavlan yis would be better keepin the head down a bit lads

What about counties who produce the likes of Johnny McGurk? Should that disqualify them from speaking?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Gaafan2

Quote from: lenny on May 04, 2020, 09:45:27 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2020, 09:16:55 PM
I think Angelo is still smarting from Plunkett Donaghmede dropping that ball into the net... as the man said "we won her before younes"

What's interesting on here is how the Tyrone fans seem to be getting angrier and angrier and in my opinion it's because they can't seem to deal with the facts that when you compare the 2 teams on a like with like basis (the only fair way to compare them) then Derry come out on top by virtue of 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues to 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. There is no doubt in my mind, and I know it's completely hypocritical, that if the 2 teams had met then it would've been a great match with Derry coming on top by 2 or 3 points.

Look at what your writing you eejit. 1 all Ireland title each, really??

If your discounting 2 of them as they were won threw the back door you need your head examined. An average enough 13 man Tyrone team had too much for Derry in 95 therefore I very much doubt they'd have fared too well in qualifiers.

Now please don't embarrass your fella Derry gaels with any more of your sh#@e talk.

Angelo

Quote from: gaafan2 on May 04, 2020, 10:01:46 PM
I think Angelo is still smarting from Plunkett Donaghmede dropping that ball into the net... as the man said "we won her before younes"

What's interesting on here is how the Tyrone fans seem to be getting angrier and angrier and in my opinion it's because they can't seem to deal with the facts that when you compare the 2 teams on a like with like basis (the only fair way to compare them) then Derry come out on top by virtue of 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues to 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. There is no doubt in my mind, and I know it's completely hypocritical, that if the 2 teams had met then it would've been a great match with Derry coming on top by 2 or 3 points.

If your discounting 2 of them as they were won threw the back door you need your head examined. An average enough 13 man Tyrone team had too much for Derry in 95 therefore I very much doubt they'd have fared too well in qualifiers.

Now please don't embarrass your fella Derry gaels with any more of your sh#@e talk.

He lost his marbles many years ago. He's regularly in the Tyrone forums talking nonsense, Tyrone GAA have became his bogeyman. All the ills of Derry GAA are due to Tyrone GAA in Lenny's mind, nothing to do without they shamelessly to treat good men within his own county.

It's always easier find someone else to blame than ask the hard questions.

JoG2

But who knows? I'd like to think Derry would have faired rightly in the qualifiers with that team / squad. Tyrone faired OK in 2008 after being knocked out in the 1st round of the Ulster Championship to a mid table div 3 side.

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on May 04, 2020, 10:11:36 PM

But who knows? I'd like to think Derry would have faired rightly in the qualifiers with that team / squad. Tyrone faired OK in 2008 after being knocked out in the 1st round of the Ulster Championship to a mid table div 3 side.

Tyrone knew they had a second chance.

Derry knew they didn't and couldn't do it.

And it ended 3-1.

Derry need someone to be brave and courageous, to stop pointing the finger and saying look over there, to lead a county away from a culture of bogeymen and scapegoating that has led them to the bottom.

screenexile

Poor Angelo struggling with the fact we win it 10 years before Tyrone and won it the right way... he'll realise it some day soon!! It's quite sad actually.

red hander

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 04, 2020, 09:55:59 PM
Jesus a lot of big talk from the Tyronies on here last few days, talking bout a whole counties backbone, character, fortitude,

for a county that produced the likes of McCarron and Cavlan yis would be better keepin the head down a bit lads

Jesus! Ha. Is this the best you can do Jib. I have always enjoyed your posts for their utter ridiculousness cos I always thought you were off your face, but this proves it. Get real. Everybody outside Derry sees it. You sad arseholes don't. You are very, very close to being beyond help, and the more you defend the Dungiven chimp the more you lose the argument. He's not doing you any favours. He's in it for himself. HE'S NOT IN IT FOR DERRY.

quit yo jibbajabba

Never once defended Joe but sure you read what you want. Youre not the brightest i can tell that straightaway.

What posts have you enjoyed, cant say ive noticed you much 😉😃

red hander

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2020, 10:51:51 PM
Poor Angelo struggling with the fact we win it 10 years before Tyrone and won it the right way... he'll realise it some day soon!! It's quite sad actually.

Screen, log off. It's pathetic kid. Go to bed.

red hander

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 04, 2020, 11:04:38 PM
Never once defended Joe but sure you read what you want. Youre not the brightest i can tell that straightaway.

What posts have you enjoyed, cant say ive noticed you much 😉😃

Jib, been here lot longer than you kid. Not bright by your standard. But then must not be much of a standard when you have to use wee funny faces. May I add how hurt I am you never noticed me much. Not.  ;D  That's a wee funny face, by the way.

And by the way. Read the title of the thread.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus wept. I cant even argue with this. Good luck amigo i wish you well on your journey

red hander

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 04, 2020, 11:40:47 PM
Jesus wept. I cant even argue with this. Good luck amigo i wish you well on your journey

Yep.Typical inbred response. Pathetic. This is what happens when jealousy eats you up...

Angelo

Some utterly fascinating insights into the mindset of Derry GAA people here.

Derry were once big hitters but there's a culture there of jealousy, bitterness and egotism that brought it down. A toxic culture that brought them from one of the best teams in Ireland to one of the worst. 1 Ulster final appearance in the past 19 years, the last time they made an AI SF, a good man was in charge of them - Mickey Moran. This is the chap the Derry animals on here are busy trying to sling mud at scapegoat. You get plenty of slabberers like screen and lenny from Derry, always quick to point and cast the blame somewhere else but never man enough to look at how the game has fallen within the county and ask the hard questions.

Lenny is regularly hanging around the Tyrone forums on here, always looking to put the boot in, wanting to see Tyrone football crash and burn in the same manner Derry football did. A Derryman absolutely obsessed with the fortunes of Tyrone football, it keeps him awake at night - it's bizarre - the levels of bitterness, rancour and seethe he was with Tyrone because Derry football was brought down by a bunch of fifth columnists and nobody in Derry is seemingly man enough to come out and address the issue. Meanwhile, he was his neighbours surpass Derry and he can't live with that - its a bitterness that simmers every living day with him, when you see the disgusting things the Derry lads say about a good man like Mickey Moran, a respected and successful coach, well admired across the whole island, does it surprise you with the vitriol and bile he emits to the man that brought Tyrone 3 AIs? Not at all.

Sometimes Lenny even forgets which account he has logged in under to have a pop at Mickey Harte, that my friends is an insight into the psyche of Derry football. If they showed half as much endeavour into reforming that toxic culture that exists in Derry football as they do into looking for bogeymen and scapegoats to make up for their shortcomings then they wouldn't be long returning to some form of credibility.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on May 05, 2020, 07:52:20 AM
Some utterly fascinating insights into the mindset of Derry GAA people here.

Derry were once big hitters but there's a culture there of jealousy, bitterness and egotism that brought it down. A toxic culture that brought them from one of the best teams in Ireland to one of the worst. 1 Ulster final appearance in the past 19 years, the last time they made an AI SF, a good man was in charge of them - Mickey Moran. This is the chap the Derry animals on here are busy trying to sling mud at scapegoat. You get plenty of slabberers like screen and lenny from Derry, always quick to point and cast the blame somewhere else but never man enough to look at how the game has fallen within the county and ask the hard questions.

Lenny is regularly hanging around the Tyrone forums on here, always looking to put the boot in, wanting to see Tyrone football crash and burn in the same manner Derry football did. A Derryman absolutely obsessed with the fortunes of Tyrone football, it keeps him awake at night - it's bizarre - the levels of bitterness, rancour and seethe he was with Tyrone because Derry football was brought down by a bunch of fifth columnists and nobody in Derry is seemingly man enough to come out and address the issue. Meanwhile, he was his neighbours surpass Derry and he can't live with that - its a bitterness that simmers every living day with him, when you see the disgusting things the Derry lads say about a good man like Mickey Moran, a respected and successful coach, well admired across the whole island, does it surprise you with the vitriol and bile he emits to the man that brought Tyrone 3 AIs? Not at all.

Sometimes Lenny even forgets which account he has logged in under to have a pop at Mickey Harte, that my friends is an insight into the psyche of Derry football. If they showed half as much endeavour into reforming that toxic culture that exists in Derry football as they do into looking for bogeymen and scapegoats to make up for their shortcomings then they wouldn't be long returning to some form of credibility.

Angelo, as I said earlier you stay safe kid, lockdown will soon be over.
Just to point out the facts again with like for like comparison. Derry obviously didn't play with a back door so comparing the 2 teams record through the front door. That Derry team won 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues, Tyrone won 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. To compare the 2 teams any other way leads to hypotheticals. Tyrone won another 2 all Ireland's through the back door, in most people's opinion that Derry team would've won at least another 2 or 3. That is easy enough to surmise because of how dominant they were in league football beating all the big teams on a regular basis. Hard to argue with the facts lads.

rrhf

It's the only team for Derry so I get the importance of making them continuously relevant.. if your logic is factual comparisons go through the whole thing.. How did their Ulster championship comparisons go as well/ mc Kenna cup? All stars etc?
That down game 94 done more for Derry football than they actually realise. For half an hour Derry actually played football and not the dour crap associated with the 93 season. Don't forget they beat a cork team there by accident whose sell by date was 1990 in the final.