Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Larry Dunne - aged 72.

Dunne was the kingpin of the drugs trade in Dublin in the early 80s.

J70

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2020, 06:04:51 PM
Only found out a few years ago he was Ben Stiller's da! He'll always be Frank Costanza to me. RIP

Legendary performance. Especially as he only entered the scene in season 5 of 9.

Was watching an interview with him where he said he was initially told to play Frank as mild and meek to Estelle Harris' lunactic mother character, and after a few days he thought he was going to lose the role because he wasn't making any kind of mark with it in rehearsels. He said he decided to, off the cuff, just yell back at her once they started to film the scene, Larry David loved it, and that was that.

mouview

Legendary entertainer Brendan Bowyer. Your parents' generation would remember him.

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on May 29, 2020, 10:43:44 AM
Legendary entertainer Brendan Bowyer. Your parents' generation would remember him.
the last of the showbanders
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

I think oul Dicky Rock is still around Seaf.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

quit yo jibbajabba

He wont be when johnny logan gets a houl of him

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mouview on May 29, 2020, 10:43:44 AM

Oh the Hucklebuck. He lived a good life in Las Vegas RIP

Boycey

Michael Angelis, actor. Twitter says this morning he was most famous for narrating Thomas the Tank Engine but I'll always remember him as Chrissie in Boys from the Blackstuff one of the greatest programmes ever made.

He was also married to Gail Platt at one time.....

quit yo jibbajabba

To my shame i never equated him to the Tank Engine narrator. Great in Blackstuff. Jees that was gritty.

Wonder what he thought of all the Gail memes...

sid waddell

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2020, 06:49:11 AM
Michael Angelis, actor. Twitter says this morning he was most famous for narrating Thomas the Tank Engine but I'll always remember him as Chrissie in Boys from the Blackstuff one of the greatest programmes ever made.
One of the greatest television series ever. I remember him from both Boys From The Black Stuff and Thomas The Tank Engine. Mo Salah is the spit of him. I always thought he should have been given the nickname Chrissie when he moved to Liverpool.

Targetman

BBC sports presenter Mark Chapman's wife, aged 44

J70

Quote from: Targetman on June 09, 2020, 10:11:15 PM
BBC sports presenter Mark Chapman's wife, aged 44

So young. Probably a fairly young family too.

I hear him quite often on the 606 phone in show.

Orior

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 29, 2020, 03:23:12 PM
He wont be when johnny logan gets a houl of him

What's the story there?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah nothin really Orior. Think Johnny had a minor dig at him couple weeks back in an interview, mustve been a slow news day 😊

Edit - yeah google the two names, first thing comes up, Irish Times. Cant copy and paste link sorry..

Taylor

Willie Thorne dies aged 66 - respiratory issues