The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Brilliant  :D remember it welll, i watched in disbelief on Skysports news as the goals rained in.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

Hey, a win over Sheffield Utd, the first in nearly 20 years.  Gary Speed is their manager.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Archie Mitchell

Some game tonight v Preston. 0-1 down, came back to lead 4-1 and now 4-5 to Preston.

Mourne Rover

Finished Leeds 4 Preston 6, which is a little hard to believe even for Leeds. By all accounts the keeper had a nightmare and the back four were not much better. However, there have to be questions about the manager  when a game is lost in such circumstances. In our last four matches, we have conceded five, kept back to back clean sheets and now been hit for six at home. This season is going to be another white knuckle ride, and neither promotion nor relegation can be ruled out at this stage.

ross4life

Crazy game, one the traveling Preston fans will never forget! how long is Schmeichel out? badly needed after that display
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hoof Hearted

Anyone watching the Cardiff game ?

Leeds just gave away a goal, a long ball wasn't dealt with by Alex Bruce and Kasper Schmeichel. the cardiff forward nipped in to score. The 2 then had a roaring match at each other. It was a throwback to the days when their fathers did the same at Old Trafford !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ross4life

Yep watching it! Schmeichel at fault couldn't give any blame to Bruce
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gaaman

Quote from: ross4life on October 25, 2010, 08:35:02 PM
Yep watching it! Schmeichel at fault couldn't give any blame to Bruce

You shouldn't let the ball bounce at all possible if your a centre half though. Bruce my favourite Leeds player. Think he is defending quite well bar that one error.

Hoof Hearted

Steve didnt look too impressed in the stand !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

fearglasmor

Second for Cardiff, offside.  Not impressed with Schmeichel either.

Jayz  3 as I typed.  Fcuk

ross4life

4-0 some strike there  :o

Only 13 games gone but Cardiff look like a premier league already

Mourne Rover

The first goal was down to comedy defending and the second was well offside, but overall Cardiff could have at least matched the six that Preston got at Elland Road. Tonight makes 12 goals conceded in our last three home games, which is pretty alarming. While the ball was regularly given away out the field, the back four looked sub-standard.

Grayson was brought in as manager because McAllister's teams should not defend in league one, and he managed to give Leeds a much more solid look immediately. Unfortunately, the championship is starting to look like a different story. If Leeds keep losing at home by wide margins, slipping towards the relegation zone will follow and Uncle Ken is not likely to remain patient for long.

The pressure seems to be getting to Leeds at home, so it is probably as well that the next two games are away to Scunthorpe and Coventry. However, the two after that are at home to Hull and Bristol City, who are both below us in the table. Grayson can probably survive a tanking against Cardiff, who look likely bets for promotion, but he can not really afford to get into a further run of defeats and he will definitely be lucky to survive if he cannot get a win from one of his next two home matches.

SLIGONIAN

Pretty much agree with that, our defense s cronic, they undo all our endeavor an hardwork up the field, any ball in the box is a chance for the opposition, all 4 bar connolly look championship standard imo, Kinorsbo cant come back quick enough, naylor is finished so we need a centre back in January, Hopefully Ben Parker will answer the left back problem when hes back from injury, Bessone and hughes are liabiliities there. I think we are ok out the field, Faye has to get fitter but is a strong presence there and wins alot of ball back, howson is decent, Snodgrasss and Gradel/Johnson are fine imo, Somma can be good some days and atrocious the next, he needs to be more consistent, because despite Becchio lack of scoring threat he works alot harder and tires out the defence. Paynter is nearly back but its hard to know how good he is.

I like Grayson but i worry about Leeds and he'll do well to make it to Christmas as our defence will leak alot of goals, weve lost 4 of 5 now, have to beat Scuntorpe who are good at home, Its criminal though that the defence is the way it is, he bought bessone, collins and bruce who are all shite. Smeichel was a good buy, mccartney looked poor tonight.Fingers crossed it all work out and we'll stay up.

SLIGONIAN

Leeds unbeaten in 6, great win today with lat fightback, 5pts off 2nd and in 6th, i have to say im delighted with our positon. I honestly thought we'd struggle this yr and early form suggested that but Grayson has bought well and the team has stepped up. O Brien seems to have improved the defence and bruce needs a good man beside him. McCartney is good loan signing and connolly is doing fine so i think our defence is better now and should be ok until january when obrien loan is up. Gradel and Snoddy are great on the wings and Becchio has really impressed me, he was in beckfords shadow but since his departure bechio has been brilliant.Paynter and mccormak came on today aswell which bodes well with Somma another good option. Looks like a good yr and definitly one of consolidation but i hope we make the play offs now.