The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Hardy and the boys won't like those scenes.

Rufus T Firefly

BennyHarp

Fair play to leeds - certaintly did it the hard way today!!
That was never a square ball!!

SLIGONIAN

Sligo getting promoted,

Leeds getting promoted,

Knocking man u out of the FA Cup at old trafford,

Its been a good 2010 for me so far  8)

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mourne Rover

In fairness to Grayson, he turned the game tactically when we went behind. It took a lot of nerve to replace a defender (Lowry) with a midfielder (Howson) when Leeds only had ten men. However, Leeds took a grip on the match almost immediately and Howson's goal made all the difference. We had a bit of good fortune when their keeper misplaced a throw straight to Johnston before Beckford's clincher, but we have been overdue a change of luck. If we can strengthen the squad, back to back promotions should not be out of the question.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 08, 2010, 09:23:16 PM
In fairness to Grayson, he turned the game tactically when we went behind. It took a lot of nerve to replace a defender (Lowry) with a midfielder (Howson) when Leeds only had ten men. However, Leeds took a grip on the match almost immediately and Howson's goal made all the difference. We had a bit of good fortune when their keeper misplaced a throw straight to Johnston before Beckford's clincher, but we have been overdue a change of luck. If we can strengthen the squad, back to back promotions should not be out of the question.
If you watch the keepers throw again, beckford got his head on it, which took the power out of it.

Beckfords disallowed goal was a fcking ridiculuos decision as clear as day came to him from there defender. I though gradel was unlucky enough to be sent off. I though we were fcked then, as we missed a few chances and looked to be feeling  the pressure.

Huge blow at start of 2nd half when they scored, I was sitting there pretty certain we wouldnt come back. Then howson came on and made big impact. Leeds played a high risk game, and attacked like there lives depended on it (it probably did) and then johnson missed a grat chance and then howson took his chance well outside the box. We kept it up and there keeper threw the ball, becks got the top of his head to it and it sat up well for johnson and then deflected off the defender to becks who finished well. Bromby hit the post late on from a header and we just about hung on.

Im a big fan of Grayson, he his way ahead of any of our recent mangers, so im delighted for him. He came down a division to manage us and left blackpool in good shape. Its hard to know now how we will do, we better defence imo, Kinsorbo was prob our best but he got injured. Im not a huge fan of doyle and kilkenny in the centre of midfield so I hope we strengthen there. I rate snodgrass highly but he seems to have lost form which is a worry.  Will Beckford stay now? I doubt it so we to strengthen there aswell.

Great day for Leeds, and we need to kick on now.

stew

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 08, 2010, 10:23:05 PM
Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 08, 2010, 09:23:16 PM
If you watch the keepers throw again, beckford got his head on it, which took the power out of it.

Beckfords disallowed goal was a fcking ridiculuos decision as clear as day came to him from there defender. I though gradel was unlucky enough to be sent off. I though we were fcked then, as we missed a few chances and looked to be feeling  the pressure.

Huge blow at start of 2nd half when they scored, I was sitting there pretty certain we wouldnt come back. Then howson came on and made big impact. Leeds played a high risk game, and attacked like there lives depended on it (it probably did) and then johnson missed a grat chance and then howson took his chance well outside the box. We kept it up and there keeper threw the ball, becks got the top of his head to it and it sat up well for johnson and then deflected off the defender to becks who finished well. Bromby hit the post late on from a header and we just about hung on.

Im a big fan of Grayson, he his way ahead of any of our recent mangers, so im delighted for him. He came down a division to manage us and left blackpool in good shape. Its hard to know now how we will do, we better defence imo, Kinsorbo was prob our best but he got injured. Im not a huge fan of doyle and kilkenny in the centre of midfield so I hope we strengthen there. I rate snodgrass highly but he seems to have lost form which is a worry.  Will Beckford stay now? I doubt it so we to strengthen there aswell.

Great day for Leeds, and we need to kick on now.

I am delighted for all the leeds heads on her, especially Rufus, leeds are coming back from the darkest days in their history and i hope the go out and strengthen the squad, they are back within touching distance of where they belong, in top flight English football.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hedley Lamarr

Congrats to all the Leeds heads on here.......brings the memories back.....The Scarborough Taps and waitng for the train to arrive with the opposition supporters......overturning cars in Beeston.....ah those were the days ;)

Hope they build on it for next season.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Billys Boots

Quote of the Week:

"Why has it been so difficult?" Leeds manager Simon Grayson was asked on Thursday.

"It's Leeds United," was his reply.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Well done Dirty Leeds. One step closer.

tyronefan

Tony Cascarino was on the Matt Cooper show one evening last week and he says that he heard from someone in Leeds that Grayson was going regardless if Leeds were promoted or not.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: tyronefan on May 10, 2010, 01:04:47 PM
Tony Cascarino was on the Matt Cooper show one evening last week and he says that he heard from someone in Leeds that Grayson was going regardless if Leeds were promoted or not.

Ya my Dad told me that, but cant see LUFC getting rid of Grayson. Hope its false.

Billys Boots

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 10, 2010, 01:17:45 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on May 10, 2010, 01:04:47 PM

Ya my Dad told me that, but cant see LUFC getting rid of Grayson. Hope its false.

From what he said (see above) last week, I'd have thought it was inevitable that he'd had enough of the, ahem, Yorkshire way. 

tyronefan

From what Cascarino was saying it was more  a case of Bates not being happy with how Leeds went in the second half of the season

Billys Boots

You reckon Kenny-boy could 'convince' Roy Hodgson or Alan Curbishly to ply their trade in the West Riding?  Ay caramba!