Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 06, 2011, 10:51:06 PM
There is no way those u21s should be on the panel on Sunday.

Andrews said in the Celt that they wont be.

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on April 07, 2011, 12:01:11 AM
Quote from: cavan4sam on April 06, 2011, 10:35:31 PM
What club had 4 players on the 26 man squad?

Not really correct Tom. He's talking about Ballinagh there. They have 4 still on the panel but 2 (Gaynor and Pee Wee) are not on the 26.

so how big is the full training squad?both of them played on sunday so hes wrong in saying they are on the panel and wrong in saying that the 4 didint play on sunday.4/5  ballinagh players in with the county,thats impressive,could go very far this year if they want it enough.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on April 07, 2011, 10:01:12 AM
Quote from: boojangles on April 07, 2011, 12:01:11 AM
Quote from: cavan4sam on April 06, 2011, 10:35:31 PM
What club had 4 players on the 26 man squad?

Not really correct Tom. He's talking about Ballinagh there. They have 4 still on the panel but 2 (Gaynor and Pee Wee) are not on the 26.

so how big is the full training squad?both of them played on sunday so hes wrong in saying they are on the panel and wrong in saying that the 4 didint play on sunday.4/5  ballinagh players in with the county,thats impressive,could go very far this year if they want it enough.

I believe with injuries and no U-21s this weekend the panel is down to the bare bones.
What is happening with Givney? He wasnt togged out on Saturday evening.I hope he isn't looking at a lengthy lay-off. Could his spokesperson Whats my name please fill us in?

tommysmith

I think his back his still at him he damaged 2 discs in his back in a who can lift the most competition one night at training.

Im sure his spokesman will confirm or reject these rumours.

rodney trotter

Ballinagh have lots of good players but are a hit and miss team.. They have started the league well so far but i wouldn't be surprised if they were to lose the next couple of games. Gaynor is sill involved but hasnt played a game yet or made a match panel which is strange.. He was excellent when eammon coleman was manager, never got a look under keoghan or carr.. If he keeps his head right he is a great centre or wing back.

Swadman

I happened to be at the door when the Cavan team was comning in from the warm up in prep for the Louth game. Givney came in hobbling just ahead of them  aided by a physio (I think) He was listed and wearing the number 9 jersey but must have done the ankle (or the other one) in the warm up. It's a pity but I reckon he should stay off the field until its fully healed or he will always have trouble with it.

whats my name

good one boojangles............. eh from what i heard at training he has a bluging disc in his back lads but i heard he will be able to play at the weekend if selected. no futher questions at this time people

Denn Forever

Make or break time.  Comme on Cavan.

From Hoganstand.

Givney returns for Cavan

Cavan's David Givney
08 April 2011

David Givney makes his return to the Cavan starting line-up for this Sunday's crucial NFL Division Three clash with Tipperary at Kingspan Breffni Park (throw-in 2.30pm).

The Mountnugent clubman, who missed out on last Saturday night's win over Louth due to a pre-match injury, which saw Cavan Gaels youngster Niall Murray receive a late call up, comes in at centre-field alongside John McCutcheon and is one of four changes made by management duo Val Andrews and Terry Hyland.

Captain Sean Johnston returns to the side at right corner-forward, having recovered from the injury which reduced him to a substitute appearance last weekend, while Keith Fannin and Ramor's James McEnroe come in at right half-forward and right corner-back, respectively.

As expected, Niall McDermott, Gearoid McKiernan and Oisin Minagh have all been rested after impressing against Louth, with Hyland's Under 21 side due to meet Tyrone in the Ulster championship final on Wednesday night in Enniskillen.

A win for Cavan on Sunday will see them maintain their place in the third tier of the NFL for next season, while anything less would see them depending on other results in the division to avoid the drop.

Cavan (NFL v Tipperary): J Reilly; J McEnroe, T Corr, D O'Dowd; M McKeever, P O'Reilly, D O'Reilly; J McCutcheon, D Givney; K Fannin, R Cullivan, R Flanagan; S Johnston, C Mackey, E Keating.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Decent side.. Hopefully Givney's year can start properly tomorrow. No matter what the team is, this is a relegation match, it doesn't have to be pretty, but I expect to see a trojan effort from every man..

Breffni_Yank

I'd be very worried about that full-back line....From what I have seen and read in the papers Tipp are decent up top

mylestheslasher

Ashamed to say this will be my first time watching the seniors this season. It gets harder and harder to make these games with a young family in a far away county! Anyway, I think this will be a tough game cos Tipp are also at risk of going down and they will not want to follow up promotions from Div 4 to Div 2 in 2 seasons with relegation straight back down in the next 2 seasons. We need the likes of Givney and Johnston to up their game and show the levels of ability they are capable of.

Mr. Pain

Oh no he di-hint! OH YES HE DID! Best of luck to Cavan seniors tomorrow and U21's on Wednesday. If they can pull it off it would be just delightful.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Denn Forever

The difference between Div 1 and Div 3 is obvious when you listen to the commentators on Northern Sound.  Tynan has time to wax lyrical about shi1e compared to the guy commenting on the Monaghan game.

For those away, Final Score

Tipp    0 13
Cavan  0 16

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tierworker blue

Div 3 here we...stay! 16 - 13 win. Givney sent off half way through the 2nd half (second yellow.) Tipp made a comeback of sorts in the last ten mins, when we were down to 14 men, but we hung on. Anthony Gaynor came on at chb. Decent performance all round.

mylestheslasher

A decent performance today in patched. We were 3 up at half time without really doing a lot. The 2nd half Givney started to lord midfield and for 15 minutes we trounced Tipp and scored some magnificent points. Johnston, Keating and Fannin getting some real sweat ones. Then the ridiculous ref gave givney a 2nd yellow (neither was worthy of one) and the whole game changed with Tipp winning midfield outright for the last 10 minutes. We were 9 points ahead at one stage and clung onto a 3 point win. The positives were Johnston who was brilliant when he got the ball, excellent from frees and I even witnessed him tracking back deep into his own half on 2 or 3 occasions. Hopefully this is a sign of  the new Johnston and if it is he could be one of the best forwards in Ireland. Other positives was the excellent Givney, McKeever and a good 1/4 from Keating. However, the biggest cheer of the match came when the prodigal son Gaynor came on. Shortly after he won a dirty ball on the ground, surrounded by three Tipp players he busted through them and went of like a hare, ran straight into their ctr back but off loaded the ball to Keating just before and Keating landed a monster of a point from 50 yards. Thats what the fans love about Gaynor, lets hope we see a bit more of it. Was also impressed with Keating, he is as strong as a horse and when he took the notion he ran through tipp players but he doesn't do it enough but hopefully this performance will give him confidence. Tipp can thank the ref for most of their scores coming from soft frees all the way through. Bit worried about the FB line, tried hard but the corner backs aren't sticky enough for me although corr did ok.

Now for Wednesday.