Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

U16's were missing players,.

kelly is a aolid footballer and has been for a few years,  worth  a trial.

beer baron

There's a Moore lad for Ballyhaise that i hadn't copped before but seen him twice this year and looks seriously accurate and is a big boy. Anyone else know him at all?

rodney trotter

Franis Moore, he was a Co Minor in 2011.

Ramor v Kingscourt today, Ramor would want to be pushing on, they could be like Castlerahan talked up every year and do nothing.

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on August 16, 2015, 08:49:26 AM
Quote from: Westside on August 16, 2015, 12:49:41 AM
See the U16s took two heavy beatings from Kildare and Cork today in some sort of blitz. We should be very careful about raising expectations because of Gerry Reilly tournament wins.

JP Kelly is a half decent intermediate player albeit one with lots of heart and determination.. A long way off county standard IMO.

I was following on Twitter but updates stopped 15 minutes into 2nd half with Cavan winning by 2 against cork. That said the Twitter account had cork 6 up at half time and then 3 up at the start of the 2nd half so I assume Cavan scored a goal at half time. Anyone think Cavan Twitter quality has dropped lately since pro was changed? I see mistakes in scores all the time now

I'd agree with that. Declan Woods had set the bar very high for the twitter account. It's a lot more hit and miss since he left.

As far as I know Cork banged in 4 goals after the Cavan twitter updates stopped.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: beer baron on August 16, 2015, 10:13:33 AM
There's a Moore lad for Ballyhaise that i hadn't copped before but seen him twice this year and looks seriously accurate and is a big boy. Anyone else know him at all?
Podge/Padraig Moore would be the younger brother of Frank Moore whom Rodney mentioned and is probably the lad you're talking about,he has caused havoc in the senior league this year. He has serious speed as well as size.

comeysfield

Any word on a selector ?

Was at the Swad game vs Shercock, Killian Clarke looked and performed like a county player except he could not score which is currently the definition of what is a county player in Cavan (unfortunately), Geraoid was in and out of the game. Then was at the Kingscourt game Barkey and Sommerville looked very bright for Ramor as did Reilly for Kingscourt do not know what happened Kingscourt that let the game slip. Farrelly and the other midfielder totally dominated McEnroe. Jack Brady was absent till Ramor started winning but overall still nopt a county forward between the lot of them  but was at least a bit of a game

mrdeeds

Floodlights strike Castlerahan again.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavan4sam

No chance of the lights going out in the re-fixture. Saturday at 3 o'clock.

Tony Gregory, along with Castlerahan, will begin to think he is jinxed.

mrdeeds

Dermot McCabe's brother Declan is now a selector with Meath.

comeysfield

Well anybody see anyone in the championship that should be brought in and boost the panel. Any word or thoughts on a selector

Westside

Wonder would Mickey Hannon get involved? Seems to fancy himself as a tactician. Has some experience with DIT.

rodney trotter

More then 1 selector, Dolan is suppose to be going too, plus a replacement for McHale.

Be interesting to see if Keating will make himself available with Forde no longer involved.

comeysfield

Oisin O'Connell put in some display for Castlerahan last night also Hessin for Cootehill. Did not make the Killeshandra game but is Declan McKieran or Paddy King or any of those lads putting their hands up for a try at the county again ?

mrdeeds

Oisin O Connell was top class. Mackey also brilliant. Ramor were shocking though.