Ulster U-21 Championship 2012

Started by omagh_gael, March 13, 2012, 06:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Connor Finnegan didn't make the squad last night as he was carrying an injury..

rrhf

Down and Tyrone was very tasty last year.  Drama, full blooded, a special mention for Big Poulter on the line - an epic of a tie.  Is it taking place in Armaghs second city or in a neutral venue.

Fear ón Srath Bán

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/ will be streaming live audio for the remainder of Tyrone's games (assuming there'll be more than one more  ;)).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

whitegoodman

Quote from: rrhf on March 22, 2012, 12:24:36 PM
Down and Tyrone was very tasty last year.  Drama, full blooded, a special mention for Big Poulter on the line - an epic of a tie.  Is it taking place in Armaghs second city or in a neutral venue.

That would be Poucher.  Yas can have him if yas want him, free to a good home!!!

Any craic

Cadburys Ulster U-21 Football Semi-finals: Cavan v Derry in Brewster & Down v Tyrone at Casement, both on Wednesday April 4 at 8pm

omagh_gael

You not covering there games yourself anycraic?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on March 21, 2012, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 21, 2012, 10:42:59 PM
I'm told Peter Carragher didn't make the team despite being in the senior squad. Not the first time McShane has abandoned players from his former club. I'm against favouritism of course bet he seems to apply dis-favouritism

Peter came off injured in Portlaoise on Sunday and sat on bench with an ice pack. That might have more to do with him not playing tonight me thinks

I stand corrected
Careful now

omagh_gael

Not much chat about this competition at all this year, very low key! Anyone any team news? Been looking for the Tyrone team everywhere but can't see it.

theticklemister

Well Derry are 5/6 to beat Cavan, i think that is too skinny because Monaghan didnt want to know after 20 minutes.

Omagh Gael do ye expect to beat An Dun tonight, what about 4/6??

Westside

Cavan are without Barry Reilly and Paul O'Connor for tonight's game. Big losses. Armagh were very poor against Cavan and I hope the lads aren't reading too much into that victory. I'm surprised that we are favourites.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: theticklemister on April 04, 2012, 02:51:44 PM
Well Derry are 5/6 to beat Cavan, i think that is too skinny because Monaghan didnt want to know after 20 minutes.

losing ronan oneill is a massive blow to the tyrone side.
Im not sure how good down are , so not sure if 4/6 is any value or not
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omagh_gael

Losing Ronan is obviously a huge blow, however, the scores have been well spread so far. This grade is notoriously hard to call but with my red and white tinted glasses on im going for a 2 point win for the red hands. Hopefully the game lives up to our meetings last year!

sheamy

where did you see 5/6? Don't feckin touch that!

Cavan a serious outfit having dismissed a quality Armagh team and have about 1/4 of the distance to travel to the game. A small thing you might think for significant in this midweek competition. Derry were excellent against Monaghan who in truth were shite so can read nothing into that. Long journey on a Wednesday night to Celtic Park caught out Monaghan at the start and the game was over after 20mins. That'll not happen tonight.

Good luck to the Derry lads though. Some good players there if they can be brought to the next level.

sheamy

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 04, 2012, 03:25:55 PM
Losing Ronan is obviously a huge blow, however, the scores have been well spread so far. This grade is notoriously hard to call but with my red and white tinted glasses on im going for a 2 point win for the red hands. Hopefully the game lives up to our meetings last year!

It'll be more than 2. Holding any team to 0-06, and more so a team with McBrearty and Molloy in it, is some achievement. Don't expect Down to live with the intensity if Tyrone perform. Tyrone by 6.

theticklemister

Quote from: sheamy on April 04, 2012, 04:34:29 PM

where did you see 5/6? Don't feckin touch that!

Cavan a serious outfit having dismissed a quality Armagh team and have about 1/4 of the distance to travel to the game. A small thing you might think for significant in this midweek competition. Derry were excellent against Monaghan who in truth were shite so can read nothing into that. Long journey on a Wednesday night to Celtic Park caught out Monaghan at the start and the game was over after 20mins. That'll not happen tonight.

Good luck to the Derry lads though. Some good players there if they can be brought to the next level.

In William Hill, just checking Cavan are 5/6 and Derry 6/5. I have back against my county in different grades over the last fortnight and got tubed!!!!! Dunno what today but fancy a Cavan and Tyrone double.