NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

So a 2 week delay in the league for now, may well extend it (odds would be quite high for that). Dunno where that leaves the people who have booked hotels and match tickets etc for away games, I bought my ticket yesterday but don't car less about £15 but some other people with hotels etc could be out of pocket. I suppose you health is more important than a few quid...things are going to be rough here for 3-4 weeks me thinks
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2020, 03:27:40 PM
So a 2 week delay in the league for now, may well extend it (odds would be quite high for that). Dunno where that leaves the people who have booked hotels and match tickets etc for away games, I bought my ticket yesterday but don't car less about £15 but some other people with hotels etc could be out of pocket. I suppose you health is more important than a few quid...things are going to be rough here for 3-4 weeks me thinks

It leaves them out of pocket I am afraid, who would refund them?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: illdecide on March 12, 2020, 03:27:40 PM

A racing certainty that it will be extended I'd say. This won't blow over in just over 2 weeks.

illdecide

Guys i dunno about you but recently i've been reading a lot about how Armagh are missing out on top flight football for next season if 2020 league is not finished, quite a few of the players have been saying it in the papers etc. Am i missing something? We have to play Rossies (who were on form and fav for the league) and then go to Clare who need pts to stay in div 2.
Armagh could win the last two games and win div 2 no problem but they could easily lose the last two games as well so where would that leave them? I just think some of the players  are getting carried away a bit and losing the run of themselves. Of course they're in prime position but still no foregone conclusion either.

tonto1888

I read them as missing out on the chance of division one football

illdecide

I suppose County will take a back seat to let the clubs at it for a while so the thread will still be quiet for while yet. Would you all agree that playing the last two league games would be perfect preparation for the Championship? Or will we simply not have enough weeks left in year to do so?
I read in Irish News earlier in the week that MG of Cavan will not be calling his players for County until club football is finished...Big call that

skeog

I suppose Mickey knows it will be 1 outing with a trip to Clones imo.

Taylor

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2020, 11:20:09 AM
I suppose County will take a back seat to let the clubs at it for a while so the thread will still be quiet for while yet. Would you all agree that playing the last two league games would be perfect preparation for the Championship? Or will we simply not have enough weeks left in year to do so?
I read in Irish News earlier in the week that MG of Cavan will not be calling his players for County until club football is finished...Big call that

I see a bit of noise online that county players wont be players much at all for your clubs there.

Looks like Geezer is going all in this year

Itchy

Is league going to be finished or not? Has anything been announced? My assumption was that it was cancelled.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Taylor on June 19, 2020, 11:54:06 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2020, 11:20:09 AM

I see a bit of noise online that county players wont be players much at all for your clubs there.

Looks like Geezer is going all in this year

In Armagh, senior and intermediate clubs get county players for first 3 league games and the Championship, but not for the last 7 league games which take place after the Championship semi-final.

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on June 19, 2020, 12:48:22 PM
Is league going to be finished or not? Has anything been announced? My assumption was that it was cancelled.

All the whispers and rumours and media hints are that the 2 remaining NFL rounds will be played 17th/24th October.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2020, 01:33:19 PM

All the whispers and rumours and media hints are that the 2 remaining NFL rounds will be played 17th/24th October.

Makes sense TBH, to have two high intensity games right before the championship is ideal for all the Counties

Rossfan

True plus about 25 teams have something to play for in the League while in the Championship probably 25 have nothing to play for especially if it's a one strike and you're out.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2020, 02:00:49 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2020, 01:33:19 PM

Makes sense TBH, to have two high intensity games right before the championship is ideal for all the Counties

Would be common sense from the GAA indeed.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

illdecide

Was looking at the paper yesterday that had the div 2 fixtures in it and with these coming thick and fast soon it's prob time to start our chat again...Not sure what the attendances will be and also i still have the two tickets in the house from the fixture that was postponed v Rossies...Is it safe to assume them tickets are now null and void?. Will be interesting to see how many are let in and who gets in?
On team selections what way are you all fixed? Any bad injuries to report? or retirements?