Club Fixtures rearranged

Started by FermGael, April 25, 2014, 12:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

The aim of this thread is to highlight the mess that is club league and championship fixtures across all counties.

If your counties CCC/county management has called of or rearranged rounds of league fixtures for any reason at all post it up on here. 

I will begin.

Fermanagh CCC have called off all senior football league games scheduled for Wednesday 30th of April at the request of county management.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

DennistheMenace

First round of Derry Senior Club fixtures were postponded from Sunday 13th April to Wednesday 16th April due to County involvement in league semi-final.

REDCOL

No League or Championship Fixture played yet in Mayo. League scheduled to start first week of May ;)

haranguerer

All local games should be Saturday. I have no idea why counties are so loatheto play them then.

ck

Is the issue here not county managers dictating to county boards? The elite 10% ruling the majority 90% of players

Bingo

Quote from: ck on April 28, 2014, 09:24:45 AM
Is the issue here not county managers dictating to county boards? The elite 10% ruling the majority 909% of players

Fixed that for you.  ;)

screenexile

Quote from: haranguerer on April 28, 2014, 09:19:34 AM
All local games should be Saturday. I have no idea why counties are so loatheto play them then.

Because lots of people work on Saturdays now!

rodney trotter

Kevin Cassidy unhappy with the situation in Donegal

BEFORE you start to say, 'Sure that man is only giving out because he doesn't get on with Mc Guinness,' it goes way beyond that. This is about speaking up for the club footballers in Donegal who last weekend were told they would not be playing their scheduled matches. Let me just set the scene. A double round of club fixtures was set for Easter weekend when the fixtures came out in March. County team management had an input and signed off on these fixtures. With the county senior team heading to Portugal for a week for a training camp a request was sent two weeks ago to move the games from Saturday and Monday to Friday and Sunday to give county players more time to prepare for the NFL final. That was absolutely fine and all clubs were more than happy to do their bit. As a club manager I rang my players and got them to arrange time off work and travel home for the game on Friday. On Tuesday we were notified that the senior team management had sent word from Portugal to say that county players had trained hard and that they felt it would be unfair on them to play a match on Friday. Clubs were offered the opportunity to play without their county players, but most declined as they felt they hardly have them as it is, and they didn't want to play a game without them. I have a few questions for both county team management and county board. When these fixtures were drawn up was this not foreseen? When team management planned their trip to Portugal did they not have their week of training planned well in advance and did they not know that the players were likely to be tired? Is it OK to say that players were too tired to play for their clubs on Friday evening, but instead train them at 10 am on Saturday morning before their club game on Sunday and then train them again on Monday? On behalf of club footballers serious questions must be asked. Like most counties we in Donegal have always had problems with club fixtures, but, to be fair to the county board over the past number of years, they are trying to put plans in place to ensure that clubs set regular football. However they needed to be stronger when that request was received from the county team management in Portugal, it should have been shot down right away. The response should have been, 'We agreed on these fixtures some time ago. Plans have been made around them and further changes can't be accommodated at this late stage.' They must not give in to the pressure of, 'We have a massive game coming up in a few weeks.' Tough. It is the duty of every county team manager to have his team ready for battle. You cannot blame team management for chancing their arm and asking for whatever it is they think they need to give their team every chance. However, the county board must stand up for the clubs. Having spoken to the majority of club managers over the course of the week we all agreed on one thing. Every one of us want to give the county team time to prepare and to succeed but the time has come to stand up for our players. My club, Gaoth Dobhair, went ahead and played our match against St Eunan's on Friday night. It was the only fixture to go ahead. Between county minor and senior we were missing nine players however I felt it would be unfair on the rest of the lads to call the game off. These lads had booked days off work and swapped shifts, and it would be wrong to go back on that. It was a glorious evening in O'Donnell park and both teams played out a fantastic game of football with St Eunan's pipping us at the post by two points. I must also praise St Eunan's who themselves were down a number of players, players, but were happy enough to go ahead with the game. From the reports I have been hearing from the other clubs if the likes of this happens again there will be serious action taken and everyone will be a loser in that situation. We want our county team to do well and we want to give them every opportunity to do so, but it cannot happen at the expense of our club players. - See more at: http://gaeliclife.com/2014/04/kevin-cassidy-donegal-situation-has-went-too-far/#sthash.ahONPKHZ.dpuf

haranguerer

Quote from: screenexile on April 28, 2014, 10:09:34 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on April 28, 2014, 09:19:34 AM

Because lots of people work on Saturdays now!

Saturday evenings - not that many work saturdays now, and very few work a full day

highorlow

QuoteOn Tuesday we were notified that the senior team management had sent word from Portugal to say that county players had trained hard and that they felt it would be unfair on them to play a match on Friday

Am I missing something here or does it look like Kevin left out what appears to be the other option, i.e. playing the match on Sunday?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

FermGael

A chairde,
CCC at a special meeting last night convened to consider two requests from Co Team Management to change SFL fixtures decided the following:-

1. SFL 1 & 2 Rd 8 fixtures on this Sunday May 11th @ 3.30pm and Erne Cup 1 & 2 Rd 7 fixtures on this Sat May 10th to go ahead as scheduled.

2. SFL 1 & 2 Rd 9 fixtures originally scheduled for Wed May 14th be postponed to Thurs May 15th @ 8.00pm. This is to accommodate Co Players who have a challenge match v Armagh on Tue May 13th.

A fully updated/amended Sequential Fixture list will be issued later in the week.

2nd time fixtures have been changed in 2 weeks.
Another new sequential fixture list produced. Waste of paper.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

I'm praying the first round of the Mayo SFC group stage will go ahead on Sunday the 25th of May instead of the Saturday evening. My prayers are rarely answered when it comes to fixtures such as these however.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.