Mario

Best show ive seen in a long time, louis is a legend

magickingdom

nice downtown in philly but some areas suck. even worse in parts of dc

Minder

A friend that worked there described it as "Filthadelphia"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

I'm guessing he could have set this in any city in America and it would look the same. I'm glad the yanks are sorting out the world's problems as there are none at home! ::)

pedro

Yeah very good show. Seems to be an awful shithole but I would imagine it would be the same in parts of any American city.
Louis has a great way of getting people to open up to him. He comes across as a bit of an oaf which at times I found funny. There was a few times you could see he was shitting himself, very funny!
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Donagh

Lived in Philly for a while. It really is a sh*thole.

full back

Very good show last night.
As someone says Louis acting like a daft heure makes the people he interviews open up more.
Looks like a sh1thole alright & future generations havent got much going for them by the looks of it.

Mind you, it just didnt seem right that the cops were standing on the street corner arguing with the people.
Its like there is no clear line between people in authority & everyone else. The cops have lost the confidence of the people & a vicious circle is emerging.

You will find this type of scenario in certain parts of a lot of major cities in the US

Hardy

I remarked on that too. The cops generally came across as a brainless, poorly trained rabble. The sight of them arguing with the corner boys (how strange to see that old phrase from hereabouts gain a new currency), was a very telling piece of editing. It emphasised that the whole thing has descended into a contest for control of the street corners, with no mention or sight of an overall strategy and little reason to have confidence in the crowd sent out to do battle for the good guys.

behind the wire

Lived in philly for a month over the summer. wasnt a bad spot, probably just like every other city in america. there are some very bad areas but some nice areas as well. not a city i would want to live in for any lenght of time though. nearly sure i was working for a couple of days just beside where the two girls were fighting/stabbing each other. wasnt a nice spot. can remember thinking if this is what cities are like in america i would hate to be in mogadishu or somewhere! also managed to end up in olney one day, dangerous place.

philly is full of tyrone ones too!!
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Minder

Quote from: behind the wire on December 01, 2008, 09:55:59 AM
Lived in philly for a month over the summer. wasnt a bad spot, probably just like every other city in america. there are some very bad areas but some nice areas as well. not a city i would want to live in for any lenght of time though. nearly sure i was working for a couple of days just beside where the two girls were fighting/stabbing each other. wasnt a nice spot. can remember thinking if this is what cities are like in america i would hate to be in mogadishu or somewhere! also managed to end up in olney one day, dangerous place.

philly is full of tyrone ones too!!

Probably connected.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

The only thing worse than some of the more dangerous locals were the thick paddies (mostly Tyrone) who insisted on knocking shit out of each other in the Oirish bars at the weekends.

bredaghgael86

Quote from: Minder on November 30, 2008, 11:07:16 PM
A friend that worked there described it as "Filthadelphia"
Was this before it was renamed 'kill-adelphia'.  good show.  What is it that makes them all so angry.  I think most of them just needed a hug.