The Rock & Paudie Butler

Started by Any craic, April 15, 2011, 03:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

The Rock says he wouldn't mind really if Dublin beat Cork this weekend.. http://bit.ly/g9ikap

and Paudie Butler leaves the GAA today, officially. When you see him here in action, you wonder why. http://bit.ly/eu1pUX

neilthemac

http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/paudie-butler-the-hurling-evangelist-151684.html

Good luck to Paudie. Always enjoyed any workshops/coaching demos he gave
Great coach. Really gets people thinking about how they coach.

Will the GAA replace him?????
They better.

theskull1

Quote from: neilthemac on April 16, 2011, 11:58:17 AM
http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/paudie-butler-the-hurling-evangelist-151684.html

Good luck to Paudie. Always enjoyed any workshops/coaching demos he gave
Great coach. Really gets people thinking about how they coach.

Will the GAA replace him?????
They better.

If theres a better man to replace Paudie as an Ambassador for the game I'd like to meet him. Good luck to him indeed
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

Great coach but he's not being replaced.

Farrandeelin

Brilliant man Paudie Butler. Met him when he was doing a summer course for teachers last year and the enthusiasm for the game of hurling has to be admired. He will be missed I'm sure.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ash Smoker

Even if he isn't kept on as hurling director, there should be some full time post created for Paudie.
His training sessions, coaching techniques and enthusiasm are superb.
There are plenty of full time suits and pen pushers getting paid in Croke Park who contribute far less.

thejuice

More men like Paudie are needed, even if just with half his enthusiasm. Great to see all the young lads and lassies out there to poc a sliotar about.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

WeeDonns

QuotePáraic Duffy recently implied that a more strategic, calculated approach was now required when saying "Paudie was one of a kind, an evangelist, but maybe you need a different way of doing it now."

Have they implemented a new way of doing it now? or have they just got rid of Paudie with no replacement/forward strategy?

He has some enthusiasm!

Last Man

Quote from: WeeDonns on May 07, 2011, 08:35:24 PM
QuotePáraic Duffy recently implied that a more strategic, calculated approach was now required when saying "Paudie was one of a kind, an evangelist, but maybe you need a different way of doing it now."

Have they implemented a new way of doing it now? or have they just got rid of Paudie with no replacement/forward strategy?

He has some enthusiasm!
As usual the administrators hate the people who get things done or overshadow their pathetic lip service. My single biggest influence to coach, a true evangelist for hurling. Someone who made me question why and how.
He often said that the Gaa owed a massive debt to hurling in the Northern counties and that he was determined to address the balance. I attended one of  his last sessions at Ballymena and he clearly didn't want to go but the bureaucrats/accountants couldnt se any value in it.

thejuice

This is where the officials vs the people is apparent. How a man like Paudie, who is more valuable to the GAA than the suits in head quarters, can be moved away from where he is clearly successful seems madness. Would love to know what this "strategic, calculated approach" is.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Paudie Butler is a legend!
I was at one of his sessions in Derry City a few years ago organised by Na Magha (a junior club). The people there are real hurling hurling diehards, a small band of people fighting against a world dominated by soccer. Paudie came and treated them as if they were from Toomevara or Athenry- on equal terms, he respects every child, his positivity and knowledge of how a child's brain works is second to none.
He epitomises everything it is to be a Gael- every penny spent to keep his job going was very well spent.