The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 02, 2018, 11:19:12 AM
The fact that this thread has reached a 100pgs is embarrassing, you lads nothing to do all day? I don remember a in depth thread on a gaa footballer dog fighting or anything else that bring a gaa into serious disrepute, but we all good for a i believe  / i don't believe thread on a rape case involving rugby players. How about just read the papers and leave it at that!

Haven't you anything else to do without interfering with this very important legal discussion?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

GetOverTheBar

The fact that this thread has reached a 100pgs is embarrassing, you lads nothing to do all day? I don remember a in depth thread on a gaa footballer dog fighting or anything else that bring a gaa into serious disrepute, but we all good for a i believe  / i don't believe thread on a rape case involving rugby players. How about just read the papers and leave it at that!

In fairness and I hate to say it, there is more sense talked in this thread (at times) than some of the people who talk about it in my workplace.

TabClear

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2018, 01:47:43 PM

In fairness and I hate to say it, there is more sense talked in this thread (at times) than some of the people who talk about it in my workplace.

You have clearly used the Ignore function on a few punters ;)

general_lee

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2018, 10:30:13 AM
These are relatively well known (very well known in some circumstances) sportspeople. They'd have absolutely no problem getting their holes as and when they wanted. There's no way in hell they'd be lying about it to try and look cool in front of the lads.
Why wouldn't they lie? I know fellas in their 20s who have no problem pulling but that doesn't stop them exaggerating the truth now and again. You think just because they're relatively famous that they aren't capable of the same? Olding and Jackson are no show ponies, it's the same dynamic in any  whatsapp group, fellas will exaggerate their conquests from the weekend regardless of how much they earn

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on March 02, 2018, 03:08:54 PM
These are relatively well known (very well known in some circumstances) sportspeople. They'd have absolutely no problem getting their holes as and when they wanted. There's no way in hell they'd be lying about it to try and look cool in front of the lads.
Why wouldn't they lie? I know fellas in their 20s who have no problem pulling but that doesn't stop them exaggerating the truth now and again. You think just because they're relatively famous that they aren't capable of the same? Olding and Jackson are no show ponies, it's the same dynamic in any  whatsapp group, fellas will exaggerate their conquests from the weekend regardless of how much they earn

Ok, then just happened to lie about partaking in a specific act that a witness just happened to lie about seeing them partake in. Gotcha.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2018, 03:32:04 PM

Ok, then just happened to lie about partaking in a specific act that a witness just happened to lie about seeing them partake in. Gotcha.
So you're basing it all on the text messages? Nothing about the girl taking her top off and performing oral (as witness said) without force! The only witness to say rape happened was the IP, no physical evidence that's stand out or other damming evidence other than the text, which don't back up their accounts. So they exaggerated parts possibly?

I'm playing devils advocate here.. none of its good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

So you're basing it all on the text messages? Nothing about the girl taking her top off and performing oral (as witness said) without force! The only witness to say rape happened was the IP, no physical evidence that's stand out or other damming evidence other than the text, which don't back up their accounts. So they exaggerated parts possibly?

What happened before her top was removed? And why was she bleeding?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 02, 2018, 03:53:39 PM

There was talk of her period and if there was hand penetration that could have done it, was a text from the ip saying to her friend that her period had come?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

There was talk of her period and if there was hand penetration that could have done it, was a text from the ip saying to her friend that her period had come?

Did the doctor who examined the complainant not rule out the blood being menstrual? I'm pretty sure this was mentioned during the medical evidence.  Anyway, sure people exaggerate in texts all the time, so that proves nothing ;)

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

You're sick.

Milltown Row2

Nope I'm very healthy, was at the gym today! Feeling good. Few targets set for the year so feeling great..

You on the other hand is a sad individual with no mates and full of shit

gallsman

You're doing nothing of the sort. If you were, you'd have noticed that I've not cast my ballot one where our the other.

No, I'm basing it off texts (the ones that still exist, that is)) where the lads claimed to have spit roasted her, an act a third party claims to have 100% witnessed and then presented a different story for the cops only to have lads on here suggest that she because she didn't walk up and inside his dick entering her vagina, maybe it was all just a bit of flaccid fun.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2018, 04:44:07 PM

You're doing nothing of the sort. If you were, you'd have noticed that I've not cast my ballot one where our the other.

No, I'm basing it off texts (the ones that still exist, that is)) where the lads claimed to have spit roasted her, an act a third party claims to have 100% witnessed and then presented a different story for the cops only to have lads on here suggest that she because she didn't walk up and inside his dick entering her vagina, maybe it was all just a bit of flaccid fun.

That witness also said she didn't see rape

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2018, 04:50:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2018, 04:44:07 PM

That witness also said she didn't see rape

Nice attempt at editorialising.

Asal Mor

Even if it were proven that Jackson did have penetrative sex with her, that wouldn't necessarily make it rape. There's still imo too much inconsistency in the girl's story and too much sloppiness on the part of the PSNI to convict Jackson or Olding beyond a reasonable doubt. Harrison and Mcillroy could end up being the ones who get convicted, despite their relatively minor roles in the whole thing.